Prestonsburg 48 Morgan Co. 14

oneijoe

Running clock from 2nd half kickoff on. Classy decision by Morgan's coach to continue the accelerated clock after the Cougars scored.

Odd factoid: P-burg QB Michael Burchett went 4/4 for 4 TD's...

The Sorghum Festival is this weekend - ought to make a road trip !!! I think it's my favorite of the EKY fall celebrations...

:thumb:

Edited by oneijoe

Good job Pburg, the road ahead is certainly bright.

Did everyone play this week? I know you guys had a few injured.

Running clock from 2nd half kickoff on. Classy decision by Morgan's coach to continue the accelerated clock after the Cougars scored.

I don't think that is an option. My understanding of the rule is that once the running clock starts, it is there to stay. The clock runs no matter if a comeback is mounted or not. It isn't a coaches decision.

I don't think that is an option. My understanding of the rule is that once the running clock starts, it is there to stay. The clock runs no matter if a comeback is mounted or not. It isn't a coaches decision.

You're right, once it starts, it continues no matter what.

Didn't know about the running clock rule. Good rule change, IMO...

No, there are a number of players out. Fortunately, most of it is of the bang/sprain variety. The coaching staff is being VERY careful with Allen Craynon - he pulled a hamstring at the end of the first game. As I understand, he should be back in two weeks at Beechwood. :thumb:

Craynon's absence has allowed Seth Setser (#5) to shine. He's been a workhorse in this offense along with being part of the defense's core at linebacker.

Austin Gearheart (#7) had a big game last night. He caught 3 TD passes and took a punt to the house for another.

The most pleasant suprise to me so far this year, though, is how well the offensive and defensive line is coming together. The staff has been doing a very good job with them this year.

:bunny:

Prestonsburg's offense has looked explosive, especially when they pass. Thought they played very conservative against Lawrence County, in which was a game that was closer than what most expected. Michael Burchett has shown a lot of maturity this season as a junior and makes very good decisions when he is back to pass. Seth Setser & Austin Gearheart are two of the most underrated players in the state.

Cannot wait till the Beechwood game... Go Blackcats!