Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 North-Eastern Kentucky Linemen

Featured Replies

Who are some of the outstanding linemen to watch this season in North-Eastern Kentucky. I often judge what kind of team a school will have by what they return on the Oline and Dline.

 

To start the conversation:

Rocky Jobe - Raceland

Cody Grant - Raceland

Jonathon Kitchen - Greenup County

Brian Grayson - Greenup County

Tyler Combs - Lawrence County

 

Who else?

Ben Preston at Lawrence County will end up being in the top 3 of strongest linemen to ever play at LC.

Combs has a D1 frame, attitude and work ethic. Just be a Soph next year.

Should be a good line with multiple kids having playing experience: Miller, Kazee, Landon, Montgomery etc. There are some other kids that will compete for spots there too. I'm excited about that group!

  • Author

Tyler Combs will be a D1 lineman, I expect him to be as good as, if not better then, Phillip Ratliff. I have watched him play since 3rd grade, he has the size, the strength, the work ethic, and did I say the size?

 

He's half Racelandtonion, so all that is to be expected.:D

Kitchen & Grayson are both animals on the O-line and the D-line. Those two really benifited from battling each other in JFL and in middle school. Now they are really close and will be a force to reckon with for the next two years for the Muskies.

Edited by Coupon21

I believe Josh Salisbury from Ashland is playing.

  • Author
I believe Josh Salisbury from Ashland is playing.

I thought he was a Sr last season.

I thought he was a Sr last season.

 

He was/is. I think Tomcatfan is thinking of the NE KY East/West Senior Bowl.

Most of Ashland's linemen graduate - it will be interesting to see who steps up to fill their shoes in the 2009 season.

  • Author
Most of Ashland's linemen graduate - it will be interesting to see who steps up to fill their shoes in the 2009 season.

That is what I thought. Who are the likely candidates to be in the step up role? The line is the only place that Ashland should be looking for some replacements.

Nate Cantrell (jr) at Morgan County is 5'11" 245lbs benching 335 and full squatting 455.

We should see results next year from him.

We have 3 VERY solid kids who played allot last year as freshmen.

Jeff Smith 6'0 215

Jamie Ferguson 5'10 205

Dustin Brewer 5'11 185

All three are now benching and power cleaning over 200. Jeff is running track and ran a 29 second 200.

Justin Rister is pushing 250 on bench and PC dead lifting 450.

 

Yes, it's a different world over here in West Liberty than in the past.

Nate Cantrell (jr) at Morgan County is 5'11" 245lbs benching 335 and full squatting 455.

We should see results next year from him.

We have 3 VERY solid kids who played allot last year as freshmen.

Jeff Smith 6'0 215

Jamie Ferguson 5'10 205

Dustin Brewer 5'11 185

All three are now benching and power cleaning over 200. Jeff is running track and ran a 29 second 200.

Justin Rister is pushing 250 on bench and PC dead lifting 450.

 

Yes, it's a different world over here in West Liberty than in the past.

 

Keep up the good work down there!

Kitchen & Grayson are both animals on the O-line and the D-line. Those two really benifited from battling each other in JFL and in middle school. Now they are really close and will be a force to reckon with for the next two years for the Muskies.

 

I couldn't agree with you more, and these boys love the game. And when the new coach gets to GC I believe he will be able to bring even more out of these young men.

Kitchen & Grayson are both animals on the O-line and the D-line. Those two really benifited from battling each other in JFL and in middle school. Now they are really close and will be a force to reckon with for the next two years for the Muskies.

 

They will really get a chance to develop further with the specialized line coaches being brought in...I will be curious to see who in next year's sophmore class will join them on the line. Thoughts?

I know Grayson has been working real hard.He has been put in about 8wks in at the speed program at the SOMC LIFE CENTER this winter. He has dropped about 15lbs. and is running a 5.2 forty yd. dsh.I look for him to improve even more before season starts. Keep up the good work Grayson.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.