PureFan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harlan 1A 1 middle school

Harlan County 5A 3 Middle School teams

Just to add for Harlan County:

We have three middle school teams the New Harlan Patriots, Evarts Wildcats, and Cumberland Redskins.

But the New Harlan team is made up of 5 middle schools. So an actual total would be 7 schools and 3 teams.

I think that's right.

Just to add for Harlan County:

We have three middle school teams the New Harlan Patriots, Evarts Wildcats, and Cumberland Redskins.

But the New Harlan team is made up of 5 middle schools. So an actual total would be 7 schools and 3 teams.

I think that's right.

Evarts team has Black Mountain Middle students that also play with them, so its eight schools for three teams. Some of these schools are small and wouldn't have enough to field a team. Green Hill, and Black Mt for sure, and maybe JACES or Cawood Ele.

Newport has 1 middle school that gives them the majority of their players. They also have a youth program Newport Fire Fighters. The NFF several years ago was a great feeder program for Newport but in recent years has become a bigger supplier for other schools like NewCath and Highlands.

Some data to get it started:

Boyd County 4A - 1 middle school

Lawrence County 4A - 1 middle school

Ashland 5A - 1 middle school

Greenup County 4A - 2 middle schools

If not mistaken I think that Lawrence county also gets players from Fallsburg middle school.Not sure but maybe even from Blaine. I know that these schools all go to the same high school . Someone let me know if this is not right.

If not mistaken I think that Lawrence county also gets players from Fallsburg middle school.Not sure but maybe even from Blaine. I know that these schools all go to the same high school . Someone let me know if this is not right.

Do they have separate football teams for each middle school - or one team?