Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HSBallFan78

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HSBallFan78

  1. Does changing states make any difference to the KHSAA? Does Bylaw 6 make any distinction about coming from out of state? I haven't read the bylaw, just seen snippets listed on here. Regardless who knows about the KHSAA. I would have expected Jackson to be ruled ineligible before Euton. So who knows? Frankly it seems like the just make arbitrary rulings.
  2. Euton is probably one of the highest profile HS players to be ruled ineligible by the KHSAA. A UK recruit and key player for what will be the #1 team in the state next season. I hope politics and pressure is not involved. And with this being so high profile, I hope they have the evidence and good logic. The KHSAA knew this ruling would create a firestorm. If they don't have everything in order, the KHSAA will be destroyed by this. And then we will have total chaos. There needs to be some reform in KY HS athletics. Make clear rules and stick to them.
  3. I agree that I think it will be overturned. Unless there is more evidence than we know about. If not strong evidence, you must side with the student athlete. Regardless this will just further inflame this ongoing debate. If he is allowed to play, I am afraid Euton may get lot of flack from opposing fans at the games. Unfortunately fans and posters can get pretty brutal. I think if I had a kid that was already committed to UK, I might want to go play in another state, outside of this fishbowl we have created here in KY.
  4. Wishywashy I never said anything about Jackson's dad. Please don't misquote me. All the Scott Co fans need to chill. The kHSAA will back down unless they have more evidence than we know about. There will be too much behind the scenes pressure from Scott County and UK. They will reverse it before Oct 15th.
  5. Based on the Euton ruling, I think there is a real possibility Zollo may be ruled ineligible for GRC. Yea, a recent UK recruits mom just happens to post her resume and GRC calls her for an interview. Just coincidence. I think the article referenced above could hurt Zollo's eligibility. We will see. Never can follow any logic with the KHSAA.
  6. Unfortunately, the courts can't help much from what I understand. Even if the courts "ordered" Scott County that he could play, they wouldn't. This is because Scott County (and every other KHSAA school) signs an agreement with the KHSAA that they will abide by their ruling as a condition of being in the KHSAA (kind of like the NCAA). So if Scott abided by a court order (which I doubt a court would even want to get involved), the KHSAA could penalize Scott County's entire program. I doubt they would be willing to take that chance. Best chance is for the Euton's to get the KHSAA board of control (or whatever it is called now) to overrule Ms Devries decision. I am sure the KHSAA knew what they would get themselves into in this high profile case. Especially with powerful Scott County and him being a UK recruit. So they must feel they have a pretty strong position already.
  7. In some ways I feel sorry for Dakota. But at least he already has a scholarship from UK. He can sit out a year, and play his senior season, then head off to UK. Without Dakota playing, it will impact Scott County's chances at the state title next year. They will still be a top 5 team, but they won't be the "lock" that several considered just a few days ago.
  8. Guess he could move out of state and play somewhere. I heard of this earlier this year in Northern KY. A kid wasn't happy with the school situation, so his parents moved over the border into Ohio so he could play there.
  9. I am surprised as I expected Euton eligible and Jackson ineligible. (or both) Being that it is Scott County, I suspect Euton will eventually be ruled eligible.
  10. Sorry for the dup post. Having internet (or user) problems tonight.
  11. Per the Herald Leader, Euton ruled ineligible to play for Scott County. Jackson ruled eligible. Nothing mentioned about Tanner Shotwell. I am surprised as I expected the rulings to be Euton eligible and Jackson ineligible. Or both ineligible. Looks like the Eutons will appeal. My guess is the KHSAA reverses eventually and allows him to play in the end. I just cannot understand Jackson. My understanding is his family (mom) lives in Scott County. He moved to Ashland to attend the Boys school there. Then was basically taken in by the Euton family. Both he and Euton played for Rose hill. Now his "caretaker family" moves to Scott County. Jackson moves home to live with his mom in Scott County. Maybe it was his dads comments in the Herald Leader about basketball being a factor in the move. But seems like Euton had legitimate reasons to move. Again no obvious logic to the KHSAA. They need to clarify the rules and then enforce them. Anyway, this will be very controversial. Interesting to see how it plays out.
  12. I have seen them play a couple of times this summer. It is hard for me to judge, because I have not seen enough of the other teams in their region. Also, I do not know if they had their full basketball roster or not this summer.
  13. Does seem a little young, but wait until the full coaching staff is in place. My guess is there will be some balance in there. Besides Coach Bordas' dad was a pretty good coach, and supports Jay a lot.
  14. I heard today that Bordas from Henry Clay got the job. Any confirmation?
  15. Regarding KHSAA eligibility for Scott County transfers..... I just heard late last week, that the KHSAA DOES in fact have some kind of inquiry going on regarding Jackson and Euton. Supposedly there was a KHSAA meeting last Friday 6/6 on the matter. My source is pretty good, although they are not personally in on the meetings/discussions. Pretty sure in the end, both with be ruled eligiibile. Also what is the latest on Tanner Shotwell and Scott County? Is he eligible to play next year? Hears there was some issue with him playing for LCA last season. Thanks....
  16. Will be interesting to watch them develop over the summer and next season. I hope to get to watch them at the Georgetown camp or the Bluegrass Championship. If they decide to play as a team, they should be hard to beat. But will they? That's a lot of potential on the team, and is there enough minutes and points to go around. But they are a new team right now basically. So Hicks should get them together by mid-season next year. Someone asked about Goldenrule.... I thought I saw some status beside one of his posts on here that he has been suspended or something. One of the Scott County Asst Coaches told me recently you may be surprised by who does or doesn't start next year. Could be some unhappy D1 prospects sitting around on the bench more than they would like. Anyway, Hicks is a good coach. I think he will bring them around as a playing unit.
  17. I heard Victor Moses is going to a junior college, and has some D1 interest. A shame that he was out with the foot injury last season. Great kid, on and off the court. Good grades. Hope he does well.
  18. Unfortunately, they are in one of the toughest districts in the state.
  19. I thought LexCath and Bryan Station had a lot of talent last year, but they didn't win it. Thats the beauty of KY HS Basketball. Upsets Upsets Upsets. But back to the original post question .... play together as a team. A lot of new talent to be integrated into Hicks system. A lot of competition for playing time. And disgruntled players who are now on the bench due to all the 11th hour additions. If they can play unselfishly, they will be hard to beat.
  20. Scott, Holmes, Clark, LexCath, Elliott
  21. Barksdale is a great player, and super off the court as well. I hope he continues to develop and become a big time D1 player.
  22. Ryan Fucci & Marcellus Barksdale (Tates Creek). Neal Pawsett (Mason County). Vinny Zollo and Robbie Stenzel (GRC). Brandon Wilder (Henry Clay). Tony Kimbro (Manual) - but not sure if he is still in KY. Scott Schuette (LexCath). The twins from Deming. Robbie Barber (not sure if 2011 or 2012). Many others I am sure.
  23. Interesting about Charlotte Court because I know several of the players personally. I am hearing there are issues in several of the age groups. It's a shame. I would have liked to have seen them in the State AAU.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.