Bourbon County Movement???

Did I miss another thread on this elsewhere?

Is it just rumor, or is it substantiated that the Bourbon County boys coach may be on the move, opening up the top job for the Colonels? Perhaps taking another administrative job w/o basketball closer to where his wife lives?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard similar rumblings as you HCHS... but nothing definite... if I hear anything more I'll share...

I dont think this is good news (if true) based simply on the number of coaching changes Bourbon has had the last six years (Ward, Salsman, Brown, Flynn)... it's not healthy for the overall system, and to be honest it has shown on the floor the last several years...

Mike has the team going in the right direction, played much better last year than in 06-07, and played GRC very well in the district tournament (up 5 at half)... he is a great guy and has always treated the media well in the area... will miss him if it is true...

The big question for Bourbon if he does leave is who is the replacement? It's a decent job, but it was definitely more attractive when the Colonels were in the old 37th district.... the 40th is a beast....

Did I miss another thread on this elsewhere?

Is it just rumor, or is it substantiated that the Bourbon County boys coach may be on the move, opening up the top job for the Colonels? Perhaps taking another administrative job w/o basketball closer to where his wife lives?

Where does his wife live?

That has to be tough.... I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I haven't heard anything about this prior to this thread. Coach Flynn does a good job. If it's true, I wish him the best. The 40th district will miss him.

I have heard similar rumblings as you HCHS... but nothing definite... if I hear anything more I'll share...

I dont think this is good news (if true) based simply on the number of coaching changes Bourbon has had the last six years (Ward, Salsman, Brown, Flynn)... it's not healthy for the overall system, and to be honest it has shown on the floor the last several years...

Mike has the team going in the right direction, played much better last year than in 06-07, and played GRC very well in the district tournament (up 5 at half)... he is a great guy and has always treated the media well in the area... will miss him if it is true...

The big question for Bourbon if he does leave is who is the replacement? It's a decent job, but it was definitely more attractive when the Colonels were in the old 37th district.... the 40th is a beast....

Coach Flynn had Bourbon heading in the right direction. I think Bourbon would do good to look across town for a replacement. They have one of their own coaching across town at Paris, in Jason Earlywine. I think he would do as good a job as anybody they could bring in.

Any opinions or thoughts?

Coach Flynn had Bourbon heading in the right direction. I think Bourbon would do good to look across town for a replacement. They have one of their own coaching across town at Paris, in Jason Earlywine. I think he would do as good a job as anybody they could bring in.

Any opinions or thoughts?

There will be alot of rumors and alot of names... but the key is getting someone who will be a staple... you want a good coach but you also want someone who isn't going to another job in a year or two... stability is a key Bourbon had for years in Russ Day... and I think it's important for them to get that back again...

Look at the best teams in the 10th region year in and year out (and in any region really)... the best teams have been built up over time... they dont just come out of nowhere... it starts at a young level and the players really grow as a team (GRC and Mason are prime examples)... In these situations they have had pretty stable systems to work in... Bourbon has had several different styles the last couple years with several different coaches (Salsman liked to run, Brown did as well, but Flynn was more deliberate half-court)... Bourbon needs a consistent guy that will be the coach for a while....

What about Justin Moore? He is coaching at Menifee Co. right now, but was Coach Flynn's assistant for a couple of years.

I know his very beautiful wife and he may be worth a look.... my guess is he would be interested....

Edited by The Play by Play Guy
I can't spell sometimes

Thats OK...we will keep him.:thumb:

Any news on when and who will be interviewed? What about Preston LeMaster, I know he has been an assistant the last few years.

If I am not mistaken, I think Preston is still in school?