Bourbon County Movement???

I have heard similar rumblings as you HCHS... but nothing definite... if I hear anything more I'll share...

I dont think this is good news (if true) based simply on the number of coaching changes Bourbon has had the last six years (Ward, Salsman, Brown, Flynn)... it's not healthy for the overall system, and to be honest it has shown on the floor the last several years...

Mike has the team going in the right direction, played much better last year than in 06-07, and played GRC very well in the district tournament (up 5 at half)... he is a great guy and has always treated the media well in the area... will miss him if it is true...

The big question for Bourbon if he does leave is who is the replacement? It's a decent job, but it was definitely more attractive when the Colonels were in the old 37th district.... the 40th is a beast....

Can the school find someone who wants the job?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the school find someone who wants the job?

It's a good job... there will be qualified takers... it's getting someone who will treat the job like a career move, and not just a stepping stone....

I believe they need someone with coaching experience in region... but someone who will provide fresh air to the program... they have went outside region the last two hires with "mixed" results....

The guys you mentioned with Bourbon ties are interesting, but they would be down my list a bit...

Like I said before... this search will probably take a while...

y? what about the returning players? Havent they been through enough already? For the sake of the players something needs to be done soon!!! Do they have summer games?

Because there are more qualified candidates that could be interested in the job to be honest with ya... Rushing into a hire is the absolute worst thing they could do... "rushing" means you likely will be settling... and Bourbon County is a good enough job where settling shouldn't be an option.... taking their time and getting the right person for the job is more important than a few summer activities IMO...

What about Larry Kendall from Harrison County?? He is the younger brother of former Harrison head coach. He has been an assistant for a number of years. Not sure if he's ready???

He's ready, but I think his close ties to the Harrison Co. community are too tight to leave. Just my opinion though.

Word is they interviewed a bunch of people and called back two candidates yesterday to which one they will offer the job. One was an assisant at Henry Clay. His name is Boardis (spelling?) and the other is a Bourbon grad that assists over at Paris, Earlywine (spelling?).