Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HSBallFan78

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HSBallFan78

  1. Toyota has brought thousands of jobs to Scott County. It is a growing suburb of Lexington. Cheaper housing, etc. That has made it more attractive for parents to move their kids to Scott County to play ball. That is what Toyota has to do with the 11th.
  2. Hope Aaron gets a good Scholly. A very good player that will be able to contribute at the right school. By the way, any update on Victor Moses from Henry Clay? Someone said about a week ago, he might have an offer from Wright State, but never heard confirmation.
  3. I also heard Lebron James may go to Scott County next year if the NCAA clears him!
  4. The coincidences just keep happening in Scott County. Must be the water!
  5. I have thought a lot about it over the years. At times, I think high school should have one. But it would complicate the clock keeper. Most of them are just parents or other volunteers and have enough trouble with basic clock operation. I kept scorebook a lot over the years, but never had the nerve for the clock. But then you don't see a lot of high school kids hold the ball, even with a big lead late. So I don't know. A 45-60 second shot clock might be good, but will probably never happen.
  6. Any update on late college commitments. I think spring signing starts next week. Specifically .... Trevor Setty Arez Henderson Victor Moses Thanks.....
  7. I doubt the NCAA will ever go back. Also wonder if the college girls line is changing?
  8. Bottom line is all of these are because of Basketball. The Eutons pretty much had to move, but even his dad stated in the paper, the the schools basketball program played into their decision. At least the Eutons seems to a legitimate reason to move even if the basketball played into it. But then another D1 prospect from the same school transfers to the same school. Maybe legitimate also, but sure raises suspicion. And Gelawn last year. Family moved to Scott County but dad now drives back/forth to Lexington to work each day. Maybe the KHSAA should just institute a 1 year sit out after every transfer no matter what the reason. Bet if they did, a lot of this would stop. Both will be ruled eligible. Scott will be preseason #1.
  9. Mens college 3 point line is moving back 1 foot. Is High School going to follow? Thanks...
  10. One more I think might should be on the list is the Stenzel freshman from Clark County.
  11. goldenrule19 - why are you always asking about Gelawn, and "pumping him up". Almost all your posts are about Gelawn. Whats the deal? Since you are questioning why he is not on the list, here is my personal observations on Gelawn...... Pro's - Very athletic, quick to the basket, great leaper. Cons - Not a good ball handler or outside shooter. Hogs the ball, and poor basketball IQ. I thought in a lot of games this year, he actually hurt Scott County from an overall team perspective. My guess is his playing time goes down the next 2 years with Jackson and Euton being added to the team. I have seen a lot of these guys play the last couple of years. All in all, a pretty good list. I was really impressed by Phares and his development last year. If he continues, I think he will be in the running for Mr Basketball. I saw Jackson and Euton several times for Rose Hill this year. Will be interesting to see them play at Scott County where they will be the showcase players the next 2 years. Kimbro is the real deal and will be a top 50 national prospect. 2009 Mr Basketball - Hood or Phares, then maybe Sanford 2010 Mr Basketball - Euton for sure, Jackson a close 2nd. Then Pittman from Holmes 2011 Mr Basketball - Kimbro Great thing is KY basketball talent pool is improving. I love it. Looking forward to AAU over the summer to see of of these kids. Scott County will be preseason # 1
  12. I wonder whoever is the new coach at Tates Creek, if they will keep Eric Williams as an assistant. At least it would be good for the kids to have some continuity. 3 coaches in 3 years is tough. But Tates Creek has a fine young team and should be tough this year.
  13. Going to be several existing players in the Scott County program that are not too happy. Many of these kids did work hard in middle school and come up through the ranks. Now 3 star players just happen to transfer to Scott within a year! 3 starters at that, and all D1 prospects. I have already heard about several possible transfers OUT of Scott County due to being unhappy with what is going on there. I have heard within the last few days that the KHSAA is looking into what is going on at Scott County. But the KHSAA will rule them eligible just like Gelawn. We all know they transferred to Scott County because of the basketball program. But just because the KHSAA rules them eligible does not mean it is ethical does it? Regardless Scott County will be pre-season #1 next year.
  14. 3 of the top players in the state all transfer to Scott County in less than a year. Hmmmmm?
  15. Any rumors on Tates Creek? Earlier this season, I heard maybe Champ Ligon from BSHS to TCHS?
  16. Scott Co now has TWO transfers of highly talented sophomores in the last 12 months. And maybe will add a THIRD with Jackson. So folks do have a reason to wonder what is going on and debate the issue. Personally, I see no issue with the Euton transfer. Dad lost his job and had to move somewhere to work. Of course they considered which school he would play for after the move. In fact, I am sure it was at the top of the Euton's list of factors. But how many other parents live in a certain location due to school choice, either athletics or academics? And whats with all the "you are a HATER" comments? I saw this a lot on the Euton to Scott County thread. Lets stick to the topic at hand. I predict Scott County is Pre-season # 1, with or without Jackson! And I can't wait to see Phares next year. He really impressed me with his development during this year. I love to watch him play. He was a beast by the end of the year. He, Euton, and Manning will make a very tough frontcourt next year. Guyn did not work out at point guard, so that is their last remaining piece of the puzzle. If they can develop or get a great point guard, they will be hard to stop next year.
  17. I had not seen them play until this weekend, but I was very impressed. They played so composed under pressure, even when behind by 17 to Catholic. Great job to coaches and players.
  18. goldenrule, what is your issue with Henry Clay's coach? You keep bringing them up. No, I am not a coach anymore. Used to coach 12-13 year old AAU and church league teams. Love basketball, and working with young kids. Just don't have as much time to coach anymore with my job and other priorities. I especially like high school and college teams. This is a great area to be in if your like sports. I can tell you have a passion for Scott County. That is fine. Have a great evening.
  19. Thanks JPP; glad someone did.... Looking back at goldenrule19's posts from Nov07, I see he is definitely a big Scott County fan. He predicted them to win in every game "prediction thread" this year. Most of them also make a prediction of how many points Gelawn will score, or some other discussion about Guyn. Seems to know a lot about the Guyn transfer situation, and keeps bringing up Henry Clay. It's OK, all of us are fans....
  20. goldenrule19, are you talking to me? I have never said anything about anybody protesting. What are you talking about? Why do you keep bringing up Henry Clay? Why would they protest anything about Euton or Jackson? (Don't worry, your Scott County team will be pre-season #1 next year.) All I said, is there are more important things than basketball. Our kids health, education, good citizenship and upbringing should be our priorities. When I played high school basketball, my coach said it was about #5 on life's priority list, and I think even that may have been too high. You all have a great night. Been a fun season of basketball.....
  21. Yea, Pettigrew is playing in the NCAA Sweet 16 next weekend. Looks like it worked out OK.
  22. Stock up Basketball talent in KY is on the rise again A great looking senior to be class (Phares, Sanford, Hood, Ballau, and others) Arrez Henderson was impressive under pressure Stock Down nothing really.....
  23. I have no doubt the KHSAA will let Euton and Jackson play at Scott County. The bottom line is this has nothing to do with the KHSAA rules. Everyone knows these parents and players are moving schools to improve their basketball careers. I just hope wherever these kids end up, they get a good high school and college education. Because in the end, most will never make a dollar playing basketball. That is why all of this seems kind of crazy these days. Parents who spend so much of their time and money living out their lives through their kids. Uprooting and moving your home to further you kids sports career or visibility. So many of us, put our kids on pedestals of one kind or another (Sports, Academics). The fans are telling these superstars they are "the greatest" from the time they are 7 or 8. They end up believing all the hype. They never have to make friends because they have hords of "instant friends" just because of how fast they can run the forty or how many points they can score in basketball. Many turn out great (Darius Miller for example seems like one of the nicest young sports stars I have been around). But then we have the bad examples, of which the list is too long to name. I think parents just need to spend time with their kids and teach them right/wrong, and all about life. We all need to just enjoy the journey. If your happiness rises and falls with each shot your kid takes, whether they win the state tournament, or what college they can get a scholarship from, you will be disappointed a lot. There was an Biography of Steve Jobs of Apple a few years ago. It was titled "The Journey is the Reward". That has stuck with me for many years. It is a good philosophy and a personal check when your priorities are maybe getting out of whack. Sorry for the life philosophy rant......
  24. It's tough to win one, let alone repeat. Mason is loosing a lot of great talent. Next year will be rebuilding. Should be a good fight in the 10th. Clark seems young and developing. Anyway, big congrats to Mason County. Been a fan since back in the early 80's. Was there to watch this weekend, and had a great time. Mason has a great fan base.
  25. Yes, Guyn's family moved their residence to Scott County so he could play there. However, his dad still has the same job in Lexington that he has had for years. (So now he drives back and forth to Lexington every day.) I mean everyone is aware he tried to get into Oak Hill, but they wouldn't give him a full scholarship. So they ended up at Scott County. The Guyn situation is different that Euton. I have no issue with Euton. But if Jackson goes to Scott County, that doesn't seem like a coincidence?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.