Everything posted by HSBallFan78
-
Henry Clay 2008/2009
I have seen most of the teams in the 11th several times over the last few years. Seems like Henry Clay had a lot of talent the last couple of years, but never really achieved their potential. Outside of their district, they did pretty well. But they cannot seem to get by Bryan Station or Scott County the last 4 years or so. I have seen the younger players for Henry Clay. They do have a good group coming up through the ranks. I think their Freshman and JV teams beat most of the Lexington/11th region teams at least once last year. Prince is a pure shooter. When he is on, one of the better 3 point shooters around. Saw Barnes play some this summer. Pretty smooth and athletic around the basket. Unfortunately, he will be their primary "big man", but only looks to be about 6'3" or so. The Wilder kid is really good and needs to be watched. He started for their Freshman team as an 8th grader, and was the 6th man on a senior laden team last year. Quick, smart, versatile, great fundamentals, good shooter both inside and out. Only downside is he is kind of thin and only about 6' tall. I have seen him in AAU and he can really shine. He and Ryan Fucci (another Lexington kid to watch) took over the state AAU finals and beat a really good Shining Stars. I think Wilder is one of the top 10 Sophomores in the state. Henderson and Stewart have potential, but seem to be up and down. They have a couple of other mid-size guys, but so far they haven't shown much. This year will be tough for Henry Clay. Although talented, they are in a brutal district and region. The 11th is not a place for the young and feint of heart. By the way, I think there are some really good 2011 class guys out there. In addition to Wilder, Fucci, Barksdale, Kimbro, Pawsett, Stenzel are all players to watch. I am glad to see the level Kentucky players rising again the last few years.
-
When is the Euton/Jackson final appeal and is it open to the public?
Also just saw the KHSAA asked the KY Legislature to delay for a month any action on rules for the KHSAA. Sounds like the KHSAA may be revising wording for athletic transfers. May help Euton and Jackson. Who knows?
-
Euton and Jackson ruled eligible
Since the 18 member Board of Control is administrators from other KHSAA schools, I am not too sure about Euton/Jackson's chances. A lot of the other KHSAA schools are very wary of Scott County, Lexington Catholic, and others. So unfortunately, it may not be good for Euton/Jackson. Guess they will have to get 10 schools who don't care about Scott County dominating for the next 2 years! From the people I have talked to, the KHSAA ex-judge rulings are most times in favor of eligibility. The BOC will listen to all the evidence and have the final say. If the BOC rules them eligible, then the KHSAA schools better come up with some new rules, because the flood gates will be wide open for anything.
-
Lexington Ice Playing in 15u AAU Nationals
They are a very good team, and won the state this year. However, I heard they may be short some of their key players (Deluca, Wilder, Martin). If they were full strength, they would be hard to beat. Good luck to all the teams.
-
Pineville 2008/2009
Saw them a couple of times this summer. Pretty decent team, especially for a small mountain city team. Good luck.
-
Favorites for upcoming AAU State Tournament at KBA
If Euton/Jackson are eligible next year, Scott will almost be unbeatable. Without those 2, they will not win the state IMO. A lot of other good teams and talent out there this year. Unfortunately for most of the rest of the state, that talent is spread among several times. Not all loaded up at one school like Scott County. Scott County needs to go ahead and build their new high school. I have heard the "athletic powers" in Scott County are fighting the new school, as to not dilute the athletic talent. But I think Scott is growing fast enough, that they would end up with 2 powerful schools, not just one.
-
Scott Co. wins AAU state tournament
I work in the area and hear the same thing. A lot of the locals are kind of fed up with the whole situation that has been going on there for years. And it is not just parents of some kids who didn't get to play because of all the transfers.
-
Will the ruling on Euton scare Zollo off at GRC?
It is not a legal issue period. The KHSAA is a voluntary organization, and the member schools make the rules. No school has to join the organization. And when they do, they sign an agreement to abide by the rules and decisions of the KHSAA. Several other states have had cases that made it all the way to their state supreme courts (maybe even the USSC). I think all the ruling have gone in favor of the athletic associations ability to make whatever rules they want. I think the only real option is to get the rule changed. Even if a court somehow decided to take this case on, and found for the players, I still don't think they would play. The KHSAA could still penalize the schools if they let the players play, even under court order. If the schools don't like the rules, then change them. Otherwise live with it.
-
Bluegrass Championship 2008 June 21-24
Clark County won their pool 3-0, and Henry Clay went 2-1 in whatever pool that was. Clark County has a great looking young team. They are athletic, well coached, smart, and play together as a team. No great stars, but very good teamwork. With Zollo, they will be up there with a chance to compete with Scott County for the championship next year.
-
Scott Co. wins AAU state tournament
Yep, the "ineligible" players played. Scott County looked pretty awesome from what I heard from some folks who were there. I heard that Phares, Euton, and Jackson all three put on a show. If Jackson/Euton are eligible, they will be hard to beat next year.
-
Favorites for upcoming AAU State Tournament at KBA
How good is Corbin supposed to be this upcoming season?
-
Jackson ruled ineligible to play at Scott County
I would have liked to have seen them both play and develop the next couple of years. Who knows, the KHSAA BOC may overturn the decision.
-
Jackson ruled ineligible to play at Scott County
What schools/people are on the KHSAA BOC? I hear there are 18 members? I am afraid Euton and Jackson's chances of getting this overturned may be difficult if it is up to the BOC. Considering it is other member schools, I would think they might "take it out" on Scott County. Basically Scott County has become another Lexington Catholic in the eyes of many. I am not implying they recruit. But because they have become so powerful, many schools, players, coaches, etc have become jealous.
-
Billy Hicks' comments on KHSAA decision.
KHSAA just enforces the rules, and doesn't make them. The schools (aka Scott County) make the rules and adopt them. "Best interest" of the kids ... what does that mean>? Would their best interest be to pay them $100k per year to play high school. Regardless Bylaw 6 is on the books as voted by the schools (Scott County included). What is the KHSAA supposed to do? Ignore the rules their members have voted on? In the end, I think there is a pretty good chance Euton and Jackson are allowed to play. Scott County and UK will bring a lot of behinds the scene pressure on the KHSAA and the board of control.
-
Jackson ruled ineligible to play at Scott County
You know the KHSAA knew this would be one of the most controversial player eligibility ruling they have ever made. 3 players. 2 high profile D1 recruits. 1 already verballed to UK. All in the heart of Big Blue UK country. I would think they believe they have a pretty air tight case. I suspect the independent KHSAA judges will probably rule that they should be eligible. If they do, then that recommendation goes to the 18 member KHSAA board of control. This board is made up of representatives from 18 KHSAA high schools. Guess it will come down to which 18 schools are on the board. The public articles are pretty solid evidence. This is not some "he said, she said". I think the only chance for it being overturned is if somehow the KHSAA misinterpreted Bylaw 6. And from reading, it seems pretty broad, but clear.
-
Favorites for upcoming AAU State Tournament at KBA
This weekend at the KBA in Lexington.
-
Jackson ruled ineligible to play at Scott County
WW - Same reason for Jackson - loose lips. Someone posted the article here last night, but you didn't want to believe it. The public comments by Jackson were just as damaging as Euton's dad.
-
Favorites for upcoming AAU State Tournament at KBA
Scott County if all their ineligible players are allowed to play !
-
Billy Hicks' comments on KHSAA decision.
I heard about 2 weeks ago, the KHSAA was taking a serious look into the Scott County transfers. People here told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that both had already been ruled eligible. My guess is they are also looking into the Flannery kid. And then they may take a look at Zollo to GRC.
-
Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA
Yes, all 3 have now been ruled ineligible (Euton, Jackson, Shotwell). I suspect they are also looking into the Flannery kid from Boone. Who knows how far this will go. Too many good players, in too short a time frame.
-
Jackson ruled ineligible to play at Scott County
As pointed out here last night, the KHSAA does NOT make the rules. The member schools vote on the rules each year. The KHSAA is just the administrator and enforcer. I thought it strange last night when it came out that Euton was ineligible and Jackson was eligible. People ridiculed me here for questioning that at the time. (WW) Also I posted a couple of weeks ago, I was hearing from good sources the KHSAA was doing a pretty serious investigation into these transfers. Again, many here said I didn't know what I was talking about and both had already been ruled eligible. We find out all 3 are ineligible for now. In the end, I think Scott/UK will bring a lot of pressure to bear on the KHSAA to overturn. You have to think that the KHSAA knew this was going to be the biggest ruling they have ever made about 2-3 high profile athletes. So I would think they already have their ducks in order and the ruling will stand. There has just been too much going on at Scott County the last 10 years. A player here and there, and maybe just coincidence. But 3 D1 players all transfer there within 12 months. 2 of the players come from the same school to Scott County at the same time. You know it would raise suspicion. Probably by October both will be ruled eligible. But then who knows? Next time, the parents and kids better learn to zip the lips until after the KHSAA has ruled.
-
Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA
I think if the Eutons had waited until the fall, they may have gotten by. But they enrolled him right at the start of spring conditioning and open gym. That along with the public comments make it look like WHICH school he chose was based on basketball. I have not doubt, he had to move due to his dad's job. I agree. Lets make the rules simple.
-
Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA
Re-reading that article makes it look pretty bad for Euton's chances.
-
Will the ruling on Euton scare Zollo off at GRC?
Thanks Plato, that is what I thought based on some of the cases that have been discussed. If Euton was ruled inelibible based on the comments in the paper, then I think Zollo might be in trouble also. I was really hoping to see some of these future UK recruits play. Of course if I was a parent of a future UK player, I am not sure I would want my kid playing here in central KY. Too many critics and arm chair coaches and recruitors.
-
Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA
Then the rules must not be clear or specific. Seems like inconsistency and too much room for interpretation.