Scott Co. wins AAU state tournament

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice showing for the mountain team. reececade, I know you are a big supporter of the Bulldogs so can you give us a run down on how you think the team will do this coming season? Whitaker & Campbell are your top "Dawgs" but who else do you have?

Campbell didn't play with the team down there this weekend. Whitaker, Back and Martin shot the ball well today but I'll have to give credit to Scott b/c every time Hazard hit a three they answered. Everyone for Scott Co played.

If Hazard plays the way they did today and keep improving they will be right behind Scott in the rankings this year.

Yep, the "ineligible" players played. Scott County looked pretty awesome from what I heard from some folks who were there. I heard that Phares, Euton, and Jackson all three put on a show.

If Jackson/Euton are eligible, they will be hard to beat next year.

I work in the area and hear the same thing. A lot of the locals are kind of fed up with the whole situation that has been going on there for years. And it is not just parents of some kids who didn't get to play because of all the transfers.

Yep, the "ineligible" players played. Scott County looked pretty awesome from what I heard from some folks who were there. I heard that Phares, Euton, and Jackson all three put on a show.

If Jackson/Euton are eligible, they will be hard to beat next year.

If they are eligible, I don't see them getting beat by a KY team, and I would say the KHSAA knows that as well that's why I don't think we will be seeing them play this year.

Edited by STRIKE3
fixed quote

I thought this was the high school AAU state. How could these ineligible kids participate in this event if they could not play during the regular season? I could see if it were the All Star state but being a school team tourney makes me scratch my head. Someone said at one time Scott County had Flannery, Euton, Jackson and Glynn on the floor with homegrown Phares....what happened to the four other players who started with Phares as 9th graders?

I thought this was the high school AAU state. How could these ineligible kids participate in this event if they could not play during the regular season? I could see if it were the All Star state but being a school team tourney makes me scratch my head. Someone said at one time Scott County had Flannery, Euton, Jackson and Glynn on the floor with homegrown Phares....what happened to the four other players who started with Phares as 9th graders?

My thoughts exactly. I personally don't think it's right they can play in this high school event despite being ineligible.

Kentucky AAU Boys/Girls High School Division State Tournament

Boys: June 19-22 at Kentucky Basketball Academy Lexington, KY

Girls: June 12-15 at Kentucky Basketball Academy Lexington, KY

-All teams guaranteed 4 games

-All refs KHSAA certified and experienced

-Open to only school teams from Kentucky

(Taken from the application on the KBA website)

Guess Scott Co. continues to play by a different set of rules.