Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott Co. wins AAU state tournament

Featured Replies

Summer ball is unregulated.

Bryan Station and Lex Cath kids could all play on Scott County's AAu if they wanted.

 

You are right in the since that the KHSAA does not have control over the summer basketball, but, this tourney spells out it very clearly that this is YOUR HIGH SCHOOL TEAM. The arrogance abounds in those who feel like both Euton and Jackson's rulings will be reversed. So, in typical fashion, go ahead, STRUT YOUR STUFF, I'm sure there's nobody watching....:sssh:

  • Replies 87
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two straight years LCA has made the final four, anyone see the game against Lafayette? I know they graduated 8, didn't expect them to fair so well, espically missing two starters and 2 senior subs.

I really hate Hazard but you gotta give it to them, there good.

I really hate Hazard but you gotta give it to them, there good.

 

Hazard plays some top notch competition this year so we'll find out just how good they are. I know Holmes is on their schedule.

Hazard is a fine team. Rob and Little Whitaker added to the already talented roster last year make them a tough out for anyone. I'd say Bulldog fans are tickled to get them from Bell.

Hazard plays some top notch competition this year so we'll find out just how good they are. I know Holmes is on their schedule.

 

I see them in the Top 5 by mid season possibly. As far as the Scott Co players who played in this AAU tournament, hope you all got a good look at them because it wont be that way come November.

I think Hazard may be a top 10 team going into the start of the season.

I see them in the Top 5 by mid season possibly. As far as the Scott Co players who played in this AAU tournament, hope you all got a good look at them because it wont be that way come November.

 

I don't see Hazard as a top 5 team but definetly a top 10.

 

And I agree. Those who are tickled about how good SC looked, hope you enjoyed it because you won't be seeing it anymore this year.

I don't see Hazard as a top 5 team but definetly a top 10.

 

And I agree. Those who are tickled about how good SC looked, hope you enjoyed it because you won't be seeing it anymore this year.

You all may be right. It will delay the inevitable beatings that will surely come to pass the following year. No matter how you slice it, "homegrown" or "Scott Co. ripened" for a season. What will be the groan then? They sit out a year and what will all the crying be about then? Nevermind,,,I'm sure there will be something.:rolleyes:

You all may be right. It will delay the inevitable beatings that will surely come to pass the following year. No matter how you slice it, "homegrown" or "Scott Co. ripened" for a season. What will be the groan then? They sit out a year and what will all the crying be about then? Nevermind,,,I'm sure there will be something.:rolleyes:

 

I personally think Euton is overrated. He shined playing in a weak 16th region and has played so well because he's normally the biggest kid on the floor. He isn't athletic or quick enough to play at UK IMO. And to be honest I don't see him getting any bigger over the next few years either.

 

As far as delaying beatings...I don't see SC laying a beating on any of the top teams next year. Several teams have very good juniors to be who will be able to compete with them. (Holmes, GRC) SC won't be as solid next year with the transfers as they would be this year had they been eligible.

I was more impressed with Guyn and Phares than Euton and Jackson in the championship game. Phares is quick and athletic around the goal and Guyn hit some big threes and was unstoppable going to the hoop. Jackson handled the ball well and is probably even quicker than he was last year.

You all may be right. It will delay the inevitable beatings that will surely come to pass the following year. No matter how you slice it, "homegrown" or "Scott Co. ripened" for a season. What will be the groan then? They sit out a year and what will all the crying be about then? Nevermind,,,I'm sure there will be something.:rolleyes:
Either way there won't be any crying in the 11th as they will not just run over everyone. Little ole weak sister Franklin County played with Scott County to the end in a recent game at the Bluegrass Championship. Differential at the end was foul shots. Scott County had all their players, Franklin County was short benched missing point gaurd Deron Hicks. Starter Ryan Conner played but this was only the 3rd game he has played this summer as he has been on the baseball diamond. If little ole weak sister Franklin County can compete with them their are many others that will. If Euton and Jackson remain ineligible, Scott Co is in big trouble as many of their upperclassmen have quit the team. Some are trying to transfer to Montgomery Co.

 

If Euton and Jackson remain ineligable they will not be near the top of the 11th Region.

 

Also, after seeing Euton play, I see no way he can compete with the athletes in the SEC. He is lacks in athleticism. He is a little shorter than Phares who is listed at 6'7" and is sporting a full beard so it is doubtful he will be getting much taller.

 

IMO Billy G has made a mistake on this one.

Edited by FANOFTHE11th

I was more impressed with Guyn and Phares than Euton and Jackson in the championship game. Phares is quick and athletic around the goal and Guyn hit some big threes and was unstoppable going to the hoop. Jackson handled the ball well and is probably even quicker than he was last year.
He may have been unstoppable in that game, but IMO there are several guards in the 11th that can contain him. Look he is definately a good player, but I have seen alot of basketball over the years, and it just amazes me how much hype there is on the internet about some kids.
He may have been unstoppable in that game, but IMO there are several guards in the 11th that can contain him. Look he is definately a good player, but I have seen alot of basketball over the years, and it just amazes me how much hype there is on the internet about some kids.

 

I was just referring to this one game. I think he can be contained, but it would be difficult for anyone if he is making the outside shot like he was against Hazard.

Also, after seeing Euton play, I see no way he can compete with the athletes in the SEC. He is lacks in athleticism. He is a little shorter than Phares who is listed at 6'7" and is sporting a full beard so it is doubtful he will be getting much taller.

 

IMO Billy G has made a mistake on this one.

 

I could not have said this any better. Euton is a good high school player, but he needs to greatly improve to have a chance to run around the Rupp Arena in anything but warmups.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.