Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott Co. wins AAU state tournament

Featured Replies

I personally think Euton is overrated. He shined playing in a weak 16th region and has played so well because he's normally the biggest kid on the floor. He isn't athletic or quick enough to play at UK IMO. And to be honest I don't see him getting any bigger over the next few years either.

 

As far as delaying beatings...I don't see SC laying a beating on any of the top teams next year. Several teams have very good juniors to be who will be able to compete with them. (Holmes, GRC) SC won't be as solid next year with the transfers as they would be this year had they been eligible.

 

The 16th region is weak???

  • Replies 87
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way there won't be any crying in the 11th as they will not just run over everyone. Little ole weak sister Franklin County played with Scott County to the end in a recent game at the Bluegrass Championship. Differential at the end was foul shots. Scott County had all their players, Franklin County was short benched missing point gaurd Deron Hicks. Starter Ryan Conner played but this was only the 3rd game he has played this summer as he has been on the baseball diamond. If little ole weak sister Franklin County can compete with them their are many others that will. If Euton and Jackson remain ineligible, Scott Co is in big trouble as many of their upperclassmen have quit the team. Some are trying to transfer to Montgomery Co.

 

If Euton and Jackson remain ineligable they will not be near the top of the 11th Region.

 

Also, after seeing Euton play, I see no way he can compete with the athletes in the SEC. He is lacks in athleticism. He is a little shorter than Phares who is listed at 6'7" and is sporting a full beard so it is doubtful he will be getting much taller.

 

IMO Billy G has made a mistake on this one.

 

Would these transfers be for athletic reasons?:sssh:

The 16th region is weak???

 

The 16th is a one man show and that's Elliot Co. The 16th is the weakest region in the state IMO.

Either way there won't be any crying in the 11th as they will not just run over everyone. Little ole weak sister Franklin County played with Scott County to the end in a recent game at the Bluegrass Championship. Differential at the end was foul shots. Scott County had all their players, Franklin County was short benched missing point gaurd Deron Hicks. Starter Ryan Conner played but this was only the 3rd game he has played this summer as he has been on the baseball diamond. If little ole weak sister Franklin County can compete with them their are many others that will. If Euton and Jackson remain ineligible, Scott Co is in big trouble as many of their upperclassmen have quit the team. Some are trying to transfer to Montgomery Co.

 

If Euton and Jackson remain ineligable they will not be near the top of the 11th Region.

 

Also, after seeing Euton play, I see no way he can compete with the athletes in the SEC. He is lacks in athleticism. He is a little shorter than Phares who is listed at 6'7" and is sporting a full beard so it is doubtful he will be getting much taller.

 

IMO Billy G has made a mistake on this one.

 

My thoughts as well. While Franklin Co is actually a pretty darn good team, if they can play with them so will other 11th region teams as well as some of the top teams around the state. This year would have been SC's best chance at getting a title IMO. I don't see them being as good next year with the transfers as they would have been this year with them.

Would these transfers be for athletic reasons?:sssh:
I do not know any specifics, other than it appears that many in the SC program that had worked and waited for their opportunity to play significant roles next season are upset with the multiple transfers moving in. So I guess one could interpret this as you describe. You know what they teach in physics, for every action (transfers moving in for athletic reasons) there is an equal and opposite reaction (kids in the SC program quitting or attempting to transfer). The KHSAA ruled recently to not grant Euton and Jackson an exemption as they remain ineligible because their was evidence that the moves were for athletic reasons, so I guess the answer to your question could be yes.

 

It appears this whole transfer thing is getting out of control. Maybe the KHSAA recognizes this.

I do not know any specifics, other than it appears that many in the SC program that had worked and waited for their opportunity to play significant roles next season are upset with the multiple transfers moving in. So I guess one could interpret this as you describe. You know what they teach in physics, for every action (tranfers moving in for athletic reasons) there is an equal and opposite reaction (kids in the SC program quitting or attempting to transfer). The KHSAA ruled recently to not grant Euton and Jackson and exemption as they remain ineligible because their was evidence that the moves were for athletic reasons, so I guess the answer to your question could be yes.

 

It appears this whole transfer thing is getting out of control. Maybe the KHSAA recognizes this.

 

I just hope one program's slip ups don't cost others all around the state who actually get a legitimate transfer from time to time for other reasons than athletics.

I just hope one program's slip ups don't cost others all around the state who actually get a legitimate transfer from time to time for other reasons than athletics.

 

ETA, I sure hope you have other things to do. I don't think I have read such posts from an individual (who doesn't know the FACTS) that is obsessed with this whole ordeal. Man, if they get eligible, you're gonna need some grief counseling. I got a name and number for you.;)

ETA, I sure hope you have other things to do. I don't think I have read such posts from an individual (who doesn't know the FACTS) that is obsessed with this whole ordeal. Man, if they get eligible, you're gonna need some grief counseling. I got a name and number for you.;)

 

FACTS? obsessed? The facts were printed in the CJ and LH. No further questions your honor...

 

As far as them getting eligible, I never said I was against the kids playing. I personally would like to see them this year since they play against Holmes up here in nky. Would make for a better game than it's going to be WITHOUT them. ;)

So, let me see if I have this. If Dakotah and Chad are ineligible this season, Scott Co. won't be much next year with them either. And because they transferred to Scott Co. now there are other upperclassmen transferring to Montgomery Co. from Scott Co.. But these transfers are for reasons other than basketball. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who sees how convoluted this is. You guys crack me up.

on, Scott Co. won't be much next year with them either.

 

Don't think anyone said they wouldn't be good in 2010. If they remain ineligible in the upcoming season they will not be as good as they would be with them. They definately make SC better. I just said there won't be any crying in the 11th because there will be teams that can compete with them.

 

But these transfers are for reasons other than basketball.

 

I don't think anyone said the above. Maybe it should be restated that there are SC kids that have left the program and are playing summer ball elsewhere.

 

how convoluted this is.

 

I agree, this is convoluted, and what makes it that is the fact that they three tranfers to SC this year, one last year, and freshman from another county moving in to play for SC. If Lexington Catholic was getting these numbers of impact transfers the public/private debate would be the hottest topic on this site.

 

You guys crack me up.

 

What really cracks me up is the hype that some players and teams get over the internet.

What really cracks me up is the hype that some players and teams get over the internet.

It's already the hottest topic on the site, check the #s. No one had to say that the upperclassmen from SC weren't thinking of transferring to Montgomery Co. for anything other than basketball reasons. My question is how would that be any different than the transfers into SC? No one knows what will happen in this situation, regardless how some would portray that they do. I hope for the sake of the kids that they get to play. If for no other reason than to spark this type of banter in this thread. Can't wait. And if they do play this season (and the next for that matter), it'll be a tough task for anyone to keep them from winning a state championship.

 

What cracks me up is that some downplay 2 kids who are extremely talented over the internet.

What really cracks me up is the hype that some players and teams get over the internet.

 

Amen brother. I was thinking the same thing. SC will be good but to be honest so will a lot of other teams in the state. I think some are underestimating just how good some of these other teams are going to be. (Holmes, GRC, J'town, Franklin Co, etc)

I heard that my boys at East Jessamine we made it to the Final 8 and lost in the quarters to Clay Co. and we didn't have 2 of our starters. I am really forward to seeing my Jags next year.

No one knows what will happen in this situation, regard how some would portray that they do. I hope for the sake of the kids that they get to play. If for no other reason than to spark this type of banter in this thread. Can't wait. And if they do play this season (and the next for that matter), it'll be a tough task for anyone to keep them from winning a state championship.

 

I think the KHSAA has made it pretty clear this ruling will stand up since there's enough evidence to prove the transfer was for athletic reasons. If they're not eligible this year, I don't see them getting a state title this year or next.

 

Holmes and GRC will both be very very solid in 2010.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.