Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott Co. wins AAU state tournament

Featured Replies

I think the KHSAA has made it pretty clear this ruling will stand up since there's enough evidence to prove the transfer was for athletic reasons. If they're not eligible this year, I don't see them getting a state title this year or next.

 

Holmes and GRC will both be very very solid in 2010.

If they are eligible, they'll be the frontrunners both years.
  • Replies 87
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are eligible, they'll be the frontrunners both years.

 

Key word in your sentence: IF they are eligible.

 

IF they are eligible sure they'll be the frontrunners, but I'll GUARANTEE you this now and you can write it down...Scott Co won't go undefeated against KY competition both years.

Key word in your sentence: IF they are eligible.

 

IF they are eligible sure they'll be the frontrunners, but I'll GUARANTEE you this now and you can write it down...Scott Co won't go undefeated against KY competition both years.

I didn't say that they would. I think that Hazard is also a tought team to be dealt with, along with some you named, but my guess is that if they are eligible, they'll be the favorites if you conducted a statewide poll. No offense to your Holmes team that you have so much love for, but they're not as talented. Didn't say that they couldn't be beaten, but SC will be the most talented team in the state hands down if they are ruled eligible through appeal. I am aware that that's a big if.

I didn't say that they would. I think that Hazard is also a tought team to be dealt with, along with some you named, but my guess is that if they are eligible, they'll be the favorites if you conducted a statewide poll. No offense to your Holmes team that you have so much love for, but they're not as talented. Didn't say that they couldn't be beaten, but SC will be the most talented team in the state hands down if they are ruled eligible through appeal. I am aware that that's a big if.

 

Of course they'll be the favorites in the polls. Talent doesn't always win though. Lexcath had a lot more talent than Holmes this past year but look what happened to them. That's why we play the games.

 

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the appeal goes. From speaking to several coaches, it doesn't look good though. We just may have to wait until 2010 to see what they're all about.

Of course they'll be the favorites in the polls. Talent doesn't always win though. Lexcath had a lot more talent than Holmes this past year but look what happened to them. That's why we play the games.

 

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the appeal goes. From speaking to several coaches, it doesn't look good though. We just may have to wait until 2010 to see what they're all about.

Yep, you're right. I'd much rather have less talent and overachieve.:banana:

Yep, you're right. I'd much rather have less talent and overachieve.:banana:

 

Scott Co will be in trouble this year without Euton/Jackson/Flannery.

 

They WILL NOT win the 11th without those three. If they do, I'll be glad to eat up any amount of crow you desire to serve up.

Scott Co will be in trouble this year without Euton/Jackson/Flannery.

 

They WILL NOT win the 11th without those three. If they do, I'll be glad to eat up any amount of crow you desire to serve up.

So, which is it? They won't win with them, or without them? You said earlier that you didn't think that if eligible that they could beat Holmes, GRC, Franklin Co. and the like.

No dog in this fight, but I will say that I hope these young men get to play for SC this year. It has been my belief that any kid that makes a legal address change should be able to go to any school and play any sport they want to whether the move was for athletic reasons or not . Why should kids have to give up a year out of the only 4 high school years they will ever get in their life?

Edited by Tiger1

It's already the hottest topic on the site, check the #s. No one had to say that the upperclassmen from SC weren't thinking of transferring to Montgomery Co. for anything other than basketball reasons. My question is how would that be any different than the transfers into SC? No one knows what will happen in this situation, regardless how some would portray that they do. I hope for the sake of the kids that they get to play. If for no other reason than to spark this type of banter in this thread. Can't wait. And if they do play this season (and the next for that matter), it'll be a tough task for anyone to keep them from winning a state championship.

 

What cracks me up is that some downplay 2 kids who are extremely talented over the internet.

This site always needs someone to play "devils advocate".

What does not crack me up are adults who slam minors on the internet.

 

  • You don't have to like certain schools.
  • You don't have to like certain coaches.
  • You don't have to like the KHSAA.
  • You don’t even have to like certain kids, but you really don't need to pick on them to make your point.
  • But then, it's obvious in several threads, you don't have to listen guys like me either.

So, which is it? They won't win with them, or without them? You said earlier that you didn't think that if eligible that they could beat Holmes, GRC, Franklin Co. and the like.

 

My comment from the beginning was with or without Euton/Jackson SC can still be beaten and will lose to an in-state team.

 

Without them though, they won't win the 11th region at all.

My comment from the beginning was with or without Euton/Jackson SC can still be beaten and will lose to an in-state team.

 

Without them though, they won't win the 11th region at all.

You seem to have softened your stance about it. I'm on the same side as the Mole on this one. Many angles in this and other threads were for the sole purpose to debase kids. And if they prosper at Scott Co. then they'll be in the same boat when they play at the next level. The same discussion surrounded a boy named Mayo and the "circus" that followed him. On Thursday he'll be 3rd overall pick in the NBA draft. Many will say that they are 2 different cases altogether, yet I find them terribly similar. Will these 3 transfers to Scott Co. be NBA picks? Not likely, not my point. I simply am stating my opinion that there are always detractors at every level. So, I hope that whatever is in the best interest of the kids comes to pass. FWIW, I know the kids involved personally and I believe that no matter what, they'll do well in whatever situation comes their way.;)
I personally think Euton is overrated. He shined playing in a weak 16th region and has played so well because he's normally the biggest kid on the floor. He isn't athletic or quick enough to play at UK IMO. And to be honest I don't see him getting any bigger over the next few years either.
Euton shined in the King of the Bluegrass, the Nissan Shootout, the All A Regional and State tourneys for Rose Hill the past two seasons as a freshman and a sophomore. Last week, he had 20 rebounds and 24 points vs. South Laurel. 15 rebounds and 23 points vs. Franklin County and 14 rebounds and 18 points vs. Jeffersontown. I don’t know what kind of numbers you consider decent, but those are pretty good in my book. I realize of course that none of these teams can hold a candle to Holmes in your eyes, but Euton is far more effective than you give him credit for being. And FWIW, he is still growing, maybe not so much up as across. He grew so fast from 0 to 16, that his muscles are just now getting to catch up with his bones. As he gets stronger, he becomes more mobile. There’s not a harder working kid in the state. I have all the confidence in the world in this young man, and look forward to watching him prove you wrong in Wildcat blue. :lol:

I have to admit that those look like good numbers to me. Especially given the other players on the team. But, I am from the weak 16th.:rolleyes:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.