Everything posted by HSBallFan78
-
State AAU tourneys next weekend
I will be there all weekend, watching all the teams and players. Should be fun. Wish the State AAU got more exposure from major D1 coaches and such. Now it is just the major All Star, Shoe Camps, Lebron, King of the Hill, etc that get the attention. Also a lot of D1 coaches don't make a lot of HS games. (until they have player in their sights). That is why a lot of great talent goes under the radar sometimes. Then these under the radar kids, end up at a mid-major, and turn that school into a top 20 team. Recruiting has changed a lot over the last decade or so.
-
GRC
Good coach at GRC. Cannot believe he would not be back.
-
GRC
I too have heard some rumblings about coaching cutbacks at some other area High Schools. Maybe limiting the number of assistant coaches.
-
Summer Camps
I have had kids that have went to Bolus/Blue Chip and Transy Camps in previous years. I would rate Bolus a little higher. Definitely more exposure. Right or wrong, he does a lot of the player ratings and evaluations, so his camp is a good place to start. Can also go during the dead period which is helpful if you have a kid playing HS ball. 5 Star camps are pretty good also. They have several across the country at various times.
-
Tates Creek 2008/2009
Fucci and Barksdale are young and really good. Now they have an excellent coach in place. Still a tough district and region.
-
Camp question:
Team camps - Probably Georgetown team camp in mid-June is best. Individual - Transy camp is pretty good. Also the Rick Bolus camp at Georgetown College.
-
State AAU tourneys next weekend
I hear Charlotte Court/AKA Blaze is having some issues with new coaches this year. A lot of defections. I know their 15u team pulled out due to lack of players. And Goldenrule19......, are your Ge'Lawns "Agent". During HS season, all you talk about is Gelawn and Scott County. (hundreds of posts about Gelawn) Now all you talk about is Gelawn and whatever AAU team he is on. What is the deal? We like to talk about all kinds of players. All you talk about is Gelawn.
-
Summer Basketball Shootouts
I saw Jenkins several times this past year. I was impressed. Also got a chance to talk with his family. Sounds like he has a good foundation and a bright future at the college level.
-
Summer Camps
The Rick Bolus camp at Georgetown college is probably one of the better ones in the State. They have a couple of 5 day overnight camps. One end of June during the dead period. Another about the 3rd week of July.
-
State AAU tourneys next weekend
Guyn can take it to the rim. Has a tremendous vertical leap. But 3 point shooter.... I don't think so....
-
Tates Creek Coach???
I don't know much about Keith Miller. What is his background? thnx
-
State AAU tourneys next weekend
There are a lot of "guest" players around state tournament time. Sometimes they even bring in them from out of state!
-
State AAU tourneys next weekend
Tony Kimbro (Derek Smith last year) has a broken wrist and will not be playing. 16U/17U - Blaze/Charlotte Court/CC City - seems to be going through some kind of transition this year. Saw them play a few weeks ago. They have some new coaches from Bryan Station. Didn't look as good as last year, even thought had more talent. Barksdale (Tates Creek), CJ Penny (Anderson), several Bryan Station and Dunbar Players. 15/16/17U - Shining Stars is probably the fastest rising "program" in the area right now. They usually have 2-3 teams in each age group. I saw one of their 17U teams that had Russ Middleton (Mason) and Taylor Botkin (Catholic). 15U this year - Derek Smith, Shining Stars, Lexington ICE BTW - 15U ICE has been pretty good the last 3-4 years. Came in 3rd in nation as 12U. Won State D1 2 years ago. Came in 3rd last year. They have Fucci (Tates Creek). Wilder (Henry Clay). Shotwell (LCA/Scott Co). Barnett (LCA). Haggan (Sayre) and several others. Saw them play again a few weeks ago, and they have improved over last year. KY Players always a good team. Looks like 16U will be tough with new players added. Should be fun at the KBA.
-
Tates Creek Coach???
Dom Fucci was "all state" in both basketball and baseball I believe. I think he might of even played some semi-pro ball. He is a pretty good basketball coach. I believe he coached their Middle School team to the city championship a few years ago. His son Ryan is a very good all sport athlete. Basketball, Baseball, and Football. Definitely one of the top freshmen in the city this past year.
-
Aaron Morris
Great for Aaron.
-
What Coaching Positions are still available (updated thread)
Yea, BellAlumni you are right .... everyone thinks Toyota is "in" with Scott County. A lot of the kids have been in the Scott County system there some time. I know Mannings parents work at Toyota, but he has been in the Scott County system many years. But most of these rumors about Toyota jobs and links to Scott county are just that.... rumors.....
-
Aaron Morris
Yea, I thought all along he was EKU bound. Seems like he and Moses kind of dropped off the radar this season.
-
Scott Co. Top 10 team in the nation next season?
Actually, I work in Scott County and have been a pretty big fan of them over the last 12-13 years. But I am a little concerned over what is going on there now, with so many big time players transferring there is a short amount of time. Seems too coincidental. And frankly Goldenrule19, you ARE primarily a Gelawn fan. I looked back to your first post when you joined in Nov07. It was about Gelawn. You start a thread about "top players in the state", but it is a link to a small website with an article about Gelawn. If it were a link about ratings for a group of players, that would be one thing. Back to Scott County.... no doubt they will be pre-season #1 in KY. And I would guess if they come together as a team, they will be in the Top 25 nationally during the season (of course national HS rankings are just a beauty contest). Right now Scott County is a group of 6-7 individual players who have a lot of potential. How will they come together? Will they play as a team? Or will some players try to be the superstar? Will they solve their point guard problems this year? (big issue last year) A lot of questions.... Euton can shoot, but is slow. Jackson and Guyn are quick and athletic, but can't shoot. Manning will still be very young. (Phares will be a superstar IMO). On and on. Every team has issues. Scott has a lot of potential, but will it come together? That will be the fun part watching them next year. Interesting how so much talk about Scotty County right now. Last year, it was primarily a Mason County board. Times change I guess.....
-
Top Players in the 2010 Class
Yea, they are a lot of coaches coming to Scott County open gym to watch the "KY All Star Team". But not just to recruit Gelawn. Scott has a lot of very good D1 prospects. Everything doesn't revolve around 1 player. It's a team game. Some players tend to forget that. I love it when KY kids do well and get a chance to further their careers. If they can use their basketball skills to get a good education, that is most important. The chances of any one particular high school player, ever making a living at basketball is very very small. I forgot the exact stat, but it is 1 of out every 3000 college players ever make it to the NBA. So think what the odds are of a high school player making it. Probably 1 in 30,000. Regarding comments about Xavier/Butler being better school choice that UK. Come on! UK has been consistently at the top of the basketball world for 60 years. Along with Kansas, NC, Duke, Indiana, and UCLA. Yes the Xavier/Butler's of the world have good years. But over time, it is the "big boys" who get the to final four and win it again and again. UK may have been down some the last year, but look at what Billy G is doing recruiting wise, just this week. He has gotten some pretty big commitments. The 2010 UK class is already about filled up. And today they get a verbal from a 2012 (8th grader). I too go to a lot of these high profile tournaments. It is amazing at the talent level out there.
-
Scott Co. Top 10 team in the nation next season?
Goldenrule19 is always posting about Gelawn. I thought we were talking about the Scott County team.
-
Arrez Henderson of Holmes signs
Great for him. I was impressed by his performance in the Sweet 16.
-
Scott Co. Top 10 team in the nation next season?
I think KY High School talent is the best it has been overall in the last 20 years or so. Glad to see it. We are the basketball capital of the world!
-
Trevor Setty to Georgetown College
Congrats to Trevor.
-
Top Players in the 2010 Class
GoldenRule19 - how many different threads are you posting here about Gelawn. In facts I looked over your post history. Almost all of them are about Gelawn. Are you his Agent??????
-
Scott Co. 14u
All depends how many more D1 prospects transfer into Scott County.