Everything posted by HSBallFan78
-
Scott County vs Lex Cath Updates
At the half, LC - 38 SC - 30 Cards had a good 2nd period.
-
Scott County vs Lex Cath Updates
LC by 10 and 2 mins to go in half
-
Scott County vs Lex Cath Updates
Catholic coach just got a technical. SC shooting 4 free throws and ball back. 29 to 22 LC. 2 mins to go.
-
Any updates on 11th Region Games?
Scott County making a comeback. Down 7 about 3 to go in the half.
-
Any updates on 11th Region Games?
Wow, I am surprised by the early margin. Keep us updated.
-
Dunbar 52 Madison Central 50
I agree with BellAlumni40..... Some player peak at 12, and some at 32. I have seen what I thought were future Mr Basketballs in 11U AAU. And then watch them not even make the high school team. I don't follow MC except at the high school level, so don't know much about middle school there. MC has a relatively soft district, so that may hurt them come tournament time. Mason County does also, but they go out and play a killer regular schedule. Toughens you up for the tournament. Dunbar has been a surprise in the 11th this year. And I think they will be pre-season top 10 in the state next year. Only graduated 3 seniors, but most of their key players are back.
-
Scott County 59 Franklin County 54
Fanofthe11th ..... Coach Hicks "whinning"? No way..... at least according to a lot of folks on this board ! Coach Hicks is a really nice person; especially off the court. In fact, I think he is too nice sometimes. But when the game starts, he works the refs like no other. (well maybe Feldhaus at MC). I too agree that Scott County hasn't been playing as well the last few weeks. Having watched 8-10 of their games this year, I think point guard (ball handling) has hurt them a lot. Maybe the loss of Mackey was the reason. I think they started the season with Guyn at point, but way too many turnovers. So they switched and have kind of had to have some kids play point that are not true point guards. If you press them (especially with a 2-2-1) they really struggle getting the ball up. Clay and Station both did that in the district and they had trouble and a lot of turnovers. As for next year, hard to tell about any school. You are right. They have weight lifting, a whole season in the summer. Conditioning in the fall, etc..... These are young kids who are all still developing. All depends on how everyone develops. But I agree, Franklin County should be a nice team next year. I only saw them play 1 game this year, and it was a loss. So I couldn't judge them so well. Scott County will have Phares and Guyn back next year as their core. The Manning kid (freshman) next year, should contribute, and will probably start (at least by the end of the year.) They'll be good as usual. Station and Clay will be rebuilding. Tates Creek should be stronger in the 11th next year. What a region we live in!
-
Clark Stepp a Wildcat?
If he wants to walk on at UK, then I support that 100%. Having seen him play, I am not sure how well he would fit into the UK system. But if Cameron Mills can contribute, then why not Stepp or Sloane?
-
Bryan Station vs. Dunbar Predictions
I think Station wins by double digits. I would think the game will be doubtful for Saturday afternoon. Still giving 6-12 inches for Central KY overnight into Saturday afternoon. Supposed to be the biggest snowfall we have seen since 1996.
-
Dunbar 52 Madison Central 50
Madison Central and Henry Clay have both not played up to their potential the last 2 years IMO. This year, both teams were hit with injuries. But like UK, still need to try and find a way to win. I have thought all year that Dunbar was a good, but not great team. But they just keep winning. Too bad the 11th has so many good teams that won't get to the big dance at Rupp. The upside to all of this, is that the level of prep basketball talent in KY is probably at it's highest level in 20 years. Great senior class this year with some all americans. Looks like a good junior class forming next year. Other than Hood, there may not be a top 50 national prospect, but still some very valuable players coming up.
-
Sweet Sixteen Tickets
I haven't got mine yet. Ordered on the 25th of Feb.
-
Scott County 59 Franklin County 54
Scott Co and Lex-Cath should be a very good game. Could go either way, but I think Catholic will pull away late. Dunbar should match up well against Bryan Station. But I think Bryan Station is just too good right now. Bryan Station by double digits. Scott Co and Dunbar should be 11th region pre-season favorites next season. Most of the other 11th region schools will be reloading with much younger teams. Congrats to Scott County and Dunbar tonight. I love watching games this time of the year. Hope the snow doesn't impact the games Friday and Saturday. I am planning to be there both days.
-
Dunbar 52 Madison Central 50
Yes, they didn't meet everyone's expectations. But one of their best players was out most of the year, which had an impact. But they probably still had enough talent. Morris is a very good player, but sometime he doesn't seem to play with enough intensity the whole game. Maybe he's intense, it may just be his style. By the way, where is Morris going to play college ball? Eastern?
-
Dunbar 52 Madison Central 50
Madison Central had their chances down the stretch. Missed 2 free throws with 4 seconds to go that would have tied it (2nd miss was intentional). Madison Central got the ball back with .8 seconds to go under their basket. Final shot blocked by Webb for Dunbar. Dunbar only scored 18 in the first half. 20 in the third.
-
Franklin Co vs Scott Co updates
Wow, I thought Scott would blow them out by 20!
-
Shawnee 63 Iroquois 61 OT
Wow, some upsets coming out of Louisville.
-
Lexington Catholic 64 Scott County 55
Catholic looks primed to make a run at another sweet 16, if they can get by Dunbar. Scott County was very young this year and rebuilding. They will be tough again next year.
-
Freshman Teams in Lexington and Louisville
In Lexington, I believe Henry Clay probably had the best freshman team. I heard they went 18-3 or something like that. Also, about half the freshman team played significant JV from what I saw. And their JV team was also something like 3-4 losses for the year. 3 of the freshmen (Wilder, Stewart, Henderson) played for them as 8th graders. Dunbar had a pretty good freshman team. Bryan Station was pretty good also. Tates Creek would have had a great freshman team but 2 started for varsity (Fucci, Barksdale). Didn't get to see Lex-Cat freshmen this year, but saw their 14-15 yo AAU teams last summer in a couple of tournaments. The didn't impress me, but Lex-Cath always has a pretty good pipeline. Mason has a very good freshman team up north. Didn't see too many Louisville area freshman teams this year.
-
Eastern 58 Male 48
I thought around mid-season that Male might be a dark horse to win the state tournament. Big win for Eastern.
-
J'town 75 Manual 73
Saw Manual play 3-4 games this year (but not J-town), and thought they might make the sweet 16. Kimbro probably the top freshman in the state.
-
Bryan Station 94 Scott Co. 75
I would give Mack my Mr Basketball vote if I had one. He may not be the most pure athletically talented player in the state. Nor may he have the most upside potential at the next levels. But he is so good, plays hard the entire game, and makes his team even better. But I am afraid he will not get the recognition he deserves.
-
Bryan Station 94 Scott Co. 75
I didn't think SC shot that high of a percentage, but they did get a lot of inside shots with Guyn and Phares.
-
Bryan Station 94 Scott Co. 75
Yes, I thought the refs let both teams get away with a lot. SC pushed off a lot bringing the ball down. BS held onto jerseys a lot. I was sitting on the first row at mid-court. Both teams were huge and strong. Very physical game. I too thought SC should have gotten the ball into Phares more. I don't think BS could have stopped him. I thought he could have scored 40 on BS. Phares has improved tremendously this year. He would be in my top 5 for Mr Basketball next year. Scott will be very dangerous in the 11th, even though they lost. If they get a good draw (ie. NOT Lex-Cath), then could easily get to the region finals. Then who knows? Maybe a rematch with Station. (Sorry about the "shot" BellAlum40 - just trying to keep some balance on here) Congrats to both teams on their seasons. Again it is a shame that only one team can get out of the 11th. I think the KHSAA needs to redraw the districts and regions again.
-
Rose Hill 63 Ashland 61 (64th District Championship)
Saw both teams this year. Closer than I thought it might be. Expecting Rose Hill to pull away at the end. Congrats to both teams. Euton and Thomas and Jackson all great players.
-
Lincoln County 72 Boyle County 54 (45th District Championship)
Saw Lincoln play 4-5 games this year. I like that team. If they get out of the region, I wouldn't want to play them in a first round sweet 16 game. Congrats. Good season.