Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dunbar 52 Madison Central 50

Featured Replies

Madison Central had their chances down the stretch. Missed 2 free throws with 4 seconds to go that would have tied it (2nd miss was intentional). Madison Central got the ball back with .8 seconds to go under their basket.

 

Final shot blocked by Webb for Dunbar.

 

Dunbar only scored 18 in the first half. 20 in the third.

One and done, how many years now??? Free throw shooting has been the Indians achilles heel all year. Very fitting that is how they basically lost the game. As I have said all year long, very overrated and underachieving.

Looked like Hudson for Dunbar got hurt towards the end of the game.

  • Author

Yes, they didn't meet everyone's expectations. But one of their best players was out most of the year, which had an impact. But they probably still had enough talent. Morris is a very good player, but sometime he doesn't seem to play with enough intensity the whole game. Maybe he's intense, it may just be his style.

 

By the way, where is Morris going to play college ball? Eastern?

One and done, how many years now??? Free throw shooting has been the Indians achilles heel all year. Very fitting that is how they basically lost the game. As I have said all year long, very overrated and underachieving.

 

Didn't Madison Central win the 11th region just two years ago??? Beat Scott Co. if I remember correctly.

What an 11th regional Semi-Final. Top 3 teams in the state, plus Dunbar (who was top 10 I think). A shame that all 4 can't get to the sweet 16.

Yes, Madison Central won the 11th 2 years ago.

You're right, MC did win the 11th after upsetting Scott Co. I guess I meant since 2000 how many years have they been one and done with the exception of 2 yrs. ago. My bad.

What an 11th regional Semi-Final. Top 3 teams in the state, plus Dunbar (who was top 10 I think). A shame that all 4 can't get to the sweet 16.

 

You are right.....4 real good teams. I think Dunbar was 6th or 7th ranked.

In Feldhaus' defense, he didn't have Keyshawn Simpson all year, who is rated as a top 10 junior in the state........but I thought this was possibly his best team ever, or so he said. :rolleyes:

 

Same old story as the entire year...couldn't hit the freethrows or make the plays at the end of the game to clinch it. MC led by about 8 the entire game.

 

I think the past 2 seasons have been huge letdowns after the great 2005-2006 season.....and the talent is there....

In Feldhaus' defense, he didn't have Keyshawn Simpson all year, who is rated as a top 10 junior in the state........but I thought this was possibly his best team ever, or so he said. :rolleyes:

 

Same old story as the entire year...couldn't hit the freethrows or make the plays at the end of the game to clinch it. MC led by about 8 the entire game.

 

I think the past 2 seasons have been huge letdowns after the great 2005-2006 season.....and the talent is there....

 

The talent is there. There are a lot of kids that never play for Central who were highly touted at the middle school level. Why aren't these kids playing? I agree that the last two seasons have been a HUGE letdown. Winning two years ago was so unexpected and this years team was supposed to be the best so it makes it that much harder for Indian fans to choke down.

  • Author

Madison Central and Henry Clay have both not played up to their potential the last 2 years IMO. This year, both teams were hit with injuries. But like UK, still need to try and find a way to win.

 

I have thought all year that Dunbar was a good, but not great team. But they just keep winning.

 

Too bad the 11th has so many good teams that won't get to the big dance at Rupp.

 

The upside to all of this, is that the level of prep basketball talent in KY is probably at it's highest level in 20 years. Great senior class this year with some all americans. Looks like a good junior class forming next year. Other than Hood, there may not be a top 50 national prospect, but still some very valuable players coming up.

Did the referee's cost Central the win tonight like against Corbin and Lincoln? Seems that has been the theme this season for the Indians. Good win for Dunbar.

Did the referee's cost Central the win tonight like against Corbin and Lincoln? Seems that has been the theme this season for the Indians. Good win for Dunbar.

 

A couple bad calls both ways but overall a well officiated game I'd say, they let them play pretty hard. The only thing I didn't like was that while they let them go at it all game, every now and then they would call a touch foul.

 

Another question I have it something I saw tonight and have seen in some college games lately, a player is on the ground with possession of the ball and another player dives on top of him, literally tackling him, and they call a jump ball, I don't see how this isn't a foul.

The talent is there. There are a lot of kids that never play for Central who were highly touted at the middle school level. Why aren't these kids playing?

 

I hate to pick apart a statement like this, but I must.

1) Who is doing the touting?

 

2) I know this is hard to believe, but it isn't unheard of for a middle school player to not get any better. Some kids just reach their ceiling early.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.