Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HSBallFan78

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HSBallFan78

  1. Good win for Henry Clay. Outplayed BC down the stretch. Prince, Boyd and Nichols all had nice games. Kroham is a very very good ballplayer. I hear that Henry Clay gets Victor Moses back on Thursday.
  2. 3000 points. That is amazing in this day and age. Congratulations to Clark. Hope he ends up playing at the next level.
  3. Cov Cath would not be a team I'd want to face come tournament time. They could be a real force.
  4. Scott will be very good again next year. I think Phares will be in the running for Mr Basketball, along with Jon Hood. Guyn will be a junior, and probably bigger and stronger. If he can get an outside shot consistent shot, he will be a next level prospect. A lot of the other 11th region teams will be down next year, compared to this. Bryan Station, Catholic, Madison Central and Henry Clay loose a lot of good seniors. Scott should be pre-season favorite for 08-09.
  5. I believe this is 2 years in a row now the HC has been without their best player most of the year. Last year, I think it was Minnifield that went down around Christmas. And this year Moses has only played in 6 game between ankle sprain and broken foot. On the radio coach Brown for HC said they had only had their starting 5 from last summer for 6-7 games this season. Makes it tough on any team to loose a starter, but when it is your best player, makes a hard season. I have seen HC freshman and JV teams this year. They are very very good, so bodes well for their future. Their freshman team is one of the best I have seen this year. I believe they even dress 3-4 freshmen. And one of the freshmen (Wilder?) seems to play a lot of minutes and looks to be a kid with a lot of potential. But HC started 5 seniors last night I believe, so next year will be rebuilding. And in a tough district. Bryan station is going to loose a lot this year with Mack, Combs, and Burdette. Scott will be the team to beat next year. I think they only started one senior last night. And you gotta feel for Sayre in that district.
  6. Yes, I thought HC didn't played team ball so much. But the officiating was kind of bad all around. A person next to me, counted over 50 fouls had been called about half way through the 4th period. It wasn't that they favored one team or another, it was inconsistent all night. Refs seemed to be focused on fouls and would call a lot of touch fouls. Then someone would get clocked big time and no call. Also thought bought teams got away with a lot of walk calls. I sat behind the SC bench. Their coaches and players were complaining the entire game. I am surprised Hicks didn't get a technical for some of the things he said during the game. HC seemed to be also complaining a lot too, along with their coach. I think it was because both teams were having trouble figuring out the officiating.
  7. I think the refs in the 10th and 11th haven't been as good this year. Not just favoring one team. But just very inconsistent, and missing a lot of things. At times, not even seeming to know the rules. You also see this in college more. I just wonder if the players are getting to a higher playing level faster than the refs?
  8. Yes, Bryan Station seems to be having a little bit of a tough stretch. Happens to most teams, but I sure Liggins doesn't like it 2 weeks before district. I think a team like Catholic or Scott can knock them out in the region this year. Both can play structured, smart, slow down basketball. Bryan Station does best creating chaos, and running and gunning, and playing tough defense. 11th region is killer again this year.
  9. Too bad, the three toughest regions are all in the same side of the bracket this year. (Of course if you are a Mason County fan, you are very very happy.) I'd like to see KY go to some kind of seeding for sweet 16 play. Maybe regions are matched up not on the teams in the sweet 16. But by the overall strength of each region. I just hate seeing of the best matchups on Wed-Thur of the tournament. Wouldn't it be great this year to have regions 7,11, 10 in the final four on saturday morning?
  10. Wow, I am surprised by the margin. As the posters stated above, the key to beating BS, is playing deliberate basketball. Almost all their points come off their defensive play. That is why I have felt that Catholic probably has the best chance to beat them. And now of course, SC. I feel for Henry Clay; I saw they lost a close one to Madison Central tonight. And I believe they have to go to Scott County on Friday in a big district game. If Scott wins, I am not sure how the district seedings will go? Does anyone know how ties are handled?
  11. What is ST Pats record this year? They seem to have a pretty good team.
  12. I feel for Lafayette down the road. I agree with the above posters, their Freshman/JV teams do not look so good. Their varsity struggled early with their best player, Vee Sanford going to Catholic (wonder how that happened?). And Donte Stewart being out for some reason. Now that Stewart is back, they have improved. Beat Adair in OT, which is a pretty good win. Took Henry Clay to Overtime. And I think they gave Cov Cath a good game.
  13. Scott County and Lexington Catholic, then Dunbar. Tates Creek is young, but will be much better next year. Bryan Station and Henry Clay will be young and reloading.
  14. Station will have a couple of starters back (Ashford is one). I have seen Station's Freshman and JV teams play. They are pretty good, but next year will be rebuilding for them. Thing with Bryan Station this year is Mack. He is not just a great ballplayer, he is "special". Really makes that team go. 11th will be so tough with them, Catholic, and Scott County. This may finally be the year, that Bryan Stations gets back to the dance. Henry Clay freshman team is very very good from what I have seen. Also their JV (which is mostly the freshman team). I have heard the freshman/JV have only lost 3-4 games combined total this year. Next year, they will probably start a couple of sophomores, a junior, and a couple of seniors. By the time these freshman hit junior year, I think HC will be strong again. Sayre - I know they start one good freshman (Cabot Haggan). His older brother (I think) is a senior. 42nd is tough district for Sayre. Not sure how much they loose senior wise this year. Scott County - not sure how may seniors they are loosing this year. Of course Scott is like Mason; they have a basketball factory going there. Most of their players have been together through primary, middle, and AAU before they get to the high school level. If they build another high school in Scott County, that may be the only thing that slows them down. The Lexington and Louisville districts are always tough. But there is good balance across the state this year. Could even be a few cinderella's that could advance far and even win it all. Mason, Catholic, Bryan Station, Paintsville, UHA, Scott Co, Male, Manual, Ballard, Cov Catholic, Boone, Apollo, and several others could be there towards the end. Great to see KY basketball doing so well.
  15. Tates Creek starts 2 freshman (Fucci, Barksdale), and at least 2 seniors (Sparks, Spalding). They have really come along this year, and will be good over the next few years. Henry Clay continues to have injury issues. I heard their coach on the radio before the game saying they had only played 5-6 games this year with their regular roster. Tonight, Moses was still out with the foot injury and another starter (nichols?) was out. Prince Stewart, who normally starts came off the bench and had a good game. Henry Clay started a couple of reserves (Gardner - who is walking on at UK in football next year, and Brightwell a senior). They also started freshman Brandon Wilder tonight. I think Henry Clay looses 4 of their 5 starters this year. I think they have a couple of juniors and 1-2 sophomores. So they will be very young next year. But their freshman team is very very good from what I hear. So next year will be tough on the young kids. But fortunately, Bryan Station will loose 3 key starters in Mack, Combs, and Burdett. I don't know what seniors Scott County is loosing.
  16. Wish I could get to the game. Would love to see UHA and Paintsville. Having seen both play this year, I think it will be close. But in the end, I think UHA will pull it out.
  17. Stenzel is a really good freshman, and getting better every game. Should be a top player in the state the next few years. GRC is really coming along to be a fairly young team.
  18. Station looks like the team to beat. But I have seen them not do well in the tournaments the last few years. But again, Mack is at the top of his game, and may lead them to the sweet 16 promised land.
  19. It is OK. If you have a freshman good enough to play or start varsity, that is fantastic. But remember, that great freshman will have to play with those other freshman for 4 years. Some coaches in this situation want their good freshman to play on the freshman team for various reason. Again, bonding with the guys he will be with the next 4 years. Not wanting the star freshman to get the "big head" is another. Extra playing time as mentioned. I saw a team this year, where a freshman started for for the freshman team. Then dressed and started JV. Then dressed and played significant minutes for Varsity. All on the same night. And this was for one of the top teams in the state. So you never know why a coach may be doing this. But I see nothing wrong with it overall.
  20. Could be an interesting game. Madison Central is a very good team, but so far there record isn't where most thought it would be. I believe they have been battling injuries this year. Is the kid with the broken foot make it back yet (Johnson?). Morris will give the Royals trouble inside. But Mason has some many tall, athletic kids, it will be tough. May try and make the game.
  21. They said on the radio Friday night, he had a separated shoulder. Not sure what the official diagnosis was. I saw he had 17-18 points in the loss, so much be doing OK.
  22. Mason should win by a significant margin. Probably does depend on how much the younger players are in. O'Hearn seems to be getting some of the younger kids some playing time the last couple of weeks. Getting them ready for next year I guess. It will be tough loosing Miller and Setty and others. But they have some good young kids with "young Setty" and the Faucet kid.
  23. This is back to back injury years for Henry Clay. Last season, they lost Minnifield in late december to a knee injury. Now Moses this year. Madison Central has been without some of their key players, and Tates Creek of late. n fact, seems like there are more HS and College injuries than ever before. I sometimes wonder if kids are being pushed too much and too hard, 12 months out of the year. When I played basketball 25 years ago, we pretty much only played during the regular season. Maybe some games in the summer. No AAU, not year round conditioning. Just seems like more kids are getting ACL/MCL type injuries than ever before. Hope they all get healed up.
  24. Glad to hear Sparks is back. I was concerned after his spill on Friday vs Bryan Station.
  25. Brightwell kid had a great game for Clay. Must have been over 20 points. Boyd still out on a recruiting trip, and Moses still out with broken foot.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.