Arrez Henderson of Holmes signs

Big congrats to this fine young man. A great leader and player.

I still think the lower DI schools in the state should have been begging him to come.

Congrats to Arrez. He is a great student athlete and will succeed at the next level with the work ethic he has.

I think the deciding factor was just being able to have the opportunity to contribute right away.

From today's enquirer:

It was loyalty that ultimately played the biggest factor in Arrez Henderson's college decision. Unfortunately for University of Kentucky fans hoping the all-state guard would walk on at his in-state school, that loyalty led him farther south.

Henderson, a Holmes senior, on Thursday signed a letter of intent to attend Louisiana Tech, the first Division I school to offer him a scholarship.

"It feels good. All the pressure's off me now that I've signed," he said. "And I signed with someone who's been with me from the beginning. They started recruiting me in November, right before the season started.

"Most of the (Division I) schools didn't come until after the state tournament. I wanted to try to play Division I. I've worked this hard, I want to see what Division I is like."

Henderson, who led the Bulldogs to a state runner-up finish, began receiving the bulk of his recruiting attention after the Sweet Sixteen. He also had an offer from North Carolina A&T State and a preferred walk-on invitation from Kentucky.

Rest of story:

http://news.nky.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080502/SPT0302/805020410

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...