• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mountain Players

Johnson 6'4 Guard- Corbin

Miller 6'5 Guard- Knox Central

Whitaker 6'1 Guard- Hazard

All three of these kids should be rated in the tops of this class.

I agre with all 3 ofhose being great players. But I am not sure that Miller is 6-5. And I know for a fact that Whitaker is definitly not 6-1. Hes closer to 5-10.

I agre with all 3 ofhose being great players. But I am not sure that Miller is 6-5. And I know for a fact that Whitaker is definitly not 6-1. Hes closer to 5-10.
Sorry, Log Mountain Boy but I am just going on how they are listed by the schools they play for.:thumb:

Mountain Players

Johnson 6'4 Guard- Corbin

Miller 6'5 Guard- Knox Central

Whitaker 6'1 Guard- Hazard

All three of these kids should be rated in the tops of this class.

Miller is a legit 6'5. I have stood beside him and he is the advertised height if not a bit taller. Johnson is a legit 6'3 or better. Whitaker would be pushed if he were 5'11 and he needs some strength. I like his heart but IMO he dribbles way too much on offense. With that said I would take all three on my team no questions asked.

Gelawn will have to improve a LOT, before he can get a scholarship to a high major like UK. Right now, I would say possibly a mid-major team like Xavier or Butler.

What part of Guyn's game needs to improve in order to get his game to the D1 recruiting level?

What part of Guyn's game needs to improve in order to get his game to the D1 recruiting level?

I feel like his game is essentially at a D1 level, its just a matter of how high. For him to become a middle to major D1 type player, his ballhandling and PG skills (court vision, awareness, passing, etc.) need to improve.

I feel like his game is essentially at a D1 level, its just a matter of how high. For him to become a middle to major D1 type player, his ballhandling and PG skills (court vision, awareness, passing, etc.) need to improve.

Guyn has two years to get better! He is in the gym 3 hours every-day working on PG skills. Going to visit Wake Forest along with Louisville in the next couple weeks. A week ago was at Xavier. Plus not a agent for ge'lawn but a big fan! Remember he works very hard!

http://www.hoopsreport.com/player_database_details.php?id=739

I'd say Pittman and R. Johnson of Holmes are both top 5 players for their class. Johnson is already being courted by Georgetown and based on the performance Pittman had in the state tournament I'm sure Henley will be getting calls about him as well.

Scott Co has Guyn, Euton, and Jackson who are arguably the top 3-5 players for their class.. IMO the top 5 players in the 2010 class come from SC and Holmes.

There are alot of good juniors to be but these 5 stick out the most to me.

Ricardo and maybe Pittman, but not JJ. He is a solid player but not yet at that level IMHO.

I agree. It's tough to really gauge how good of an offensive player he is though considering he wasn't much of an offensive option this past year because of the other players surrounding him. (Henderson, Pittman, Clark, Avery, R. Johnson) His offense wasn't needed so he did all the dirty work. (rebounding and playing solid defense)

This upcoming season for JJ will give a lot of us a much better idea of just how good he really is.