Top Players in the 2010 Class

You can't move from in state and it be okay? Getting pretty tight in the northern part of the state arent they? Are these new guys coming from Cincy? That is a closer move than the kids going to SC are making.

When did I say that? Don't worry though, I still say SC can go ahead and get their rings sized for 2009.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did I say that? Don't worry though, I still say SC can go ahead and get their rings sized for 2009.

If the 3 kids coming back are as good as they're being hyped up to be (which the Johnson brothers were, so it could be a very good posibility), I wouldn't start getting those rings sized just yet. SC will still be the favorite, but the 3 transfers would give Holmes 4 (possibly 5 or 6) D1 caliber players.

I'll know more on Tuesday and give more info then.

Euton had a legitimate reason. Jackson didn't. Plain and simple. But that's for a different thread. Not this one.

One is a 6'4 PG from Taft and the other is a 6'5 Guard/Forward from Woodward who will remind you a lot of Pittman. (size,athleticism,shooting)

Yes they're coming from Cincy, but both have a similar situation to the Johnson Brothers. They attended the Covington elementary and middle schooling system, moved to Cincy for 2 years and now are returning because of family problems.

A third is possibly on his way back but not sure yet. I don't want to speak too much on the third though because I don't know much about him except that he is apparently a D1 recruit. (Wisconsin)

Larry Bradley PG 2011 class is moving to Kentucky but will not be going to Homes.

So maybe only getting two but not the third!

Euton had a legitimate reason. Jackson didn't. Plain and simple. But that's for a different thread. Not this one.

One is a 6'4 PG from Taft and the other is a 6'5 Guard/Forward from Woodward who will remind you a lot of Pittman. (size,athleticism,shooting)

Yes they're coming from Cincy, but both have a similar situation to the Johnson Brothers. They attended the Covington elementary and middle schooling system, moved to Cincy for 2 years and now are returning because of family problems.

A third is possibly on his way back but not sure yet. I don't want to speak too much on the third though because I don't know much about him except that he is apparently a D1 recruit. (Wisconsin)

I'd say it was pretty legitimate since Jackson was ruled eligible for next year BEFORE Euton was. If those kids are moving for "family problems", I'd say these kids at SC qualify just fine.

Edited by Ram
Rule 4

So how do you know that Jackson did not have a letitimate reason to move? Have you seen a report saying why he moved or have you talked to him? I don't understand why you are jumping to conclusions. So transfers going to Scott Co. should be ruled ineligible, but players going to Holmes should be allowed to play?

Larry Bradley PG 2011 class is moving to Kentucky but will not be going to Homes.

So maybe only getting two but not the third!

Never said anything about Larry Bradley. Two of the transfers they're getting played AAU ball with the Johnson brothers last year and some this year and one played at Taft with them.

The third who is supposed to be on his way is the big time player who would make the biggest impact. Like I said I'll know more Tues and will be able to let you know whether it's Bradley or not.

I'd say it was pretty legitimate since Jackson was ruled eligible for next year BEFORE Euton was. If those kids are moving for "family problems", I'd say these kids at SC qualify just fine.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, if the KHSAA rules them eligible I can have no problem with it because there was obviously no wrong doings.

So how do you know that Jackson did not have a letitimate reason to move? Have you seen a report saying why he moved or have you talked to him? I don't understand why you are jumping to conclusions. So transfers going to Scott Co. should be ruled ineligible, but players going to Holmes should be allowed to play?

Only difference between the Holmes transfers and Euton/Jackson though is the Holmes transfers grew up in the area and attended the feeder elementary and middle schools.

I have no problem with schools getting transfers. But at the time of the Euton/Jackson transfers, I voiced it seemed odd that as soon as Euton left, Jackson followed. But if both were ruled eligible to play, they obviously had legitimate reasons so I can say nothing about it.

It is fairly obvious that Jackson followed Euton to Scott Co. He moved to play with him at Rose Hill in Middle School. It's the case of 2 friends wanting to play together. It's up to the KHSAA to determine whether or not the reasons and process is legit. Scott Co. was not the only school they considered transferring to and this is not the first year they have considered leaving Rose Hill.

It is fairly obvious that Jackson followed Euton to Scott Co. He moved to play with him at Rose Hill in Middle School. It's the case of 2 friends wanting to play together. It's up to the KHSAA to determine whether or not the reasons and process is legit. Scott Co. was not the only school they considered transferring to and this is not the first year they have considered leaving Rose Hill.

But BCG wasn't at UK before. Now he doesn't have far to drive to see them play.:thumb:

Larry Bradley to Oak Hill that is a fact! His family is moving to Scott Co. But Steve Smith said he can play at Oak Hill next year!

Plus Jackson is Ok with the KHSAA ruled on Friday! Euton will be ruled on by Friday next week!

Great news for Scott Co. Looks like the pieces of the puzzle are starting to fit for another 11th Region Championship and State Championship run.

It appears that in order to compete in the 11th a school has to have a good feeder program to develop players and when that won't allow you to be at the top you have to attract multiple transfers. It is sort of like putting the best AAU team on the floor, get the best players from as wide an area as you can. Today the AAU mentality is obviously very prevelent in Kentucky high school basketball with the rash of transfers.

Never said anything about Larry Bradley. Two of the transfers they're getting played AAU ball with the Johnson brothers last year and some this year and one played at Taft with them.

The third who is supposed to be on his way is the big time player who would make the biggest impact. Like I said I'll know more Tues and will be able to let you know whether it's Bradley or not.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, if the KHSAA rules them eligible I can have no problem with it because there was obviously no wrong doings.

Only difference between the Holmes transfers and Euton/Jackson though is the Holmes transfers grew up in the area and attended the feeder elementary and middle schools.

I have no problem with schools getting transfers. But at the time of the Euton/Jackson transfers, I voiced it seemed odd that as soon as Euton left, Jackson followed. But if both were ruled eligible to play, they obviously had legitimate reasons so I can say nothing about it.

It is Tuesday! What up with the news?

Larry Bradley to Oak Hill that is a fact! His family is moving to Scott Co. But Steve Smith said he can play at Oak Hill next year!

Plus Jackson is Ok with the KHSAA ruled on Friday! Euton will be ruled on by Friday next week!

Scott County's not good enough for him?;)