Jay Bordas new coach at Bourbon Co

Congrats and good luck, look forward to getting to know him and covering him closely in the coming year... hopefully he is as nice to this young play by play dude and my color guy as Mike Flynn was...

But if he doesn't last or goes somewhere else within than 5 years, terrible hire IMO...

He has a team next year that I think can compete with Montgomery for a spot in the region tournament.... but long term the odds of getting to region decrease...

At a place like Bourbon in a terribly difficult district, you need to build a constant program, and it starts with creating an identity and playing with toughness... you will not win and compete against GRC and Montgomery without playing defense... period...

This hire actually came a couple weeks earlier than I expected... maybe I have just been spoiled by the length of the previous coaching searches... :)

Good Luck Jay... look forward to knowing ya...

Jay is a great guy. I had numerous classes with him in college and have spoken on several occasions to him at various holiday tournaments over the last few years and he seems more than prepared to lead his own program. Best of luck to him at Bourbon County...he'll do a great job.

Coach Bordas will do a fine job at Bourbon County..I heard from reliable sources that his right hand man and head assistant on his staff will be Preston LeMaster..Anybody know any truths to this???? Congrats Jay!

I know Coach Bordas well. My son played for him the last 2 years at Henry Clay. He will do a great job there at Bourbon Co. He is a super individual, and has great family support also.

Good luck Coach.

Coach Bordas will do a fine job at Bourbon County..I heard from reliable sources that his right hand man and head assistant on his staff will be Preston LeMaster..Anybody know any truths to this???? Congrats Jay!

Would be a very very smart move and a logical one... I have known Preston for a while... very smart basketball IQ.... said all along that while Preston wasn't ready to be a head coach, it would be unwise to let him get away from the school....

I agree, but with Bordas at age 27 or 28 and LeMaster at age 22 or 23, wouldn't that be one of the youngest coaching staff's in the state? Anybody know for sure?? Should be an exciting brand of basketball back in Bourbon County. I'm not even a Bourbon fan, but I will be very interested to see how this staff does with this team this upcoming year. Maybe they will meet my Camels in the regional tournament. Any chance they can get out of that tough district Play by Play Guy???

I agree, but with Bordas at age 27 or 28 and LeMaster at age 22 or 23, wouldn't that be one of the youngest coaching staff's in the state? Anybody know for sure?? Should be an exciting brand of basketball back in Bourbon County. I'm not even a Bourbon fan, but I will be very interested to see how this staff does with this team this upcoming year. Maybe they will meet my Camels in the regional tournament. Any chance they can get out of that tough district Play by Play Guy???

Has to be one of the youngest... but that's not necessarily a bad thing... youth likely means they will around for a while... which is exactly what the program needs...

This year... Yes... no one is challenging GRC IMO, but I think Bourbon has a decent enough team to compete with a Montgomery team that lost a large amount of seniors... long term, that is to be determined... there is no doubt Bourbon and Paris will be at some disadvantage with GRC and Montgomery larger schools....

It should be exciting... I look forward to calling the games once again this year on 90.7 FM....

I want everyone's opinion, Do you all think this very young staff (Bordas and LeMaster) will be a good thing or a bad thing for Bourbon County?? No disrespect, but I believe they may be a bit too young to run a program to its full potential. Opinions?????