Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jay Bordas new coach at Bourbon Co

Featured Replies

Does seem a little young, but wait until the full coaching staff is in place. My guess is there will be some balance in there. Besides Coach Bordas' dad was a pretty good coach, and supports Jay a lot.

Some youth and enthusiasm might prove to be just what the doctor ordered at Bourbon. I bet there is some good recruiting to be done - in the hallways.

I agree with the hallway recruiting..Bourbon County has had a historically solid program over the past decades, so I would think there has to be some kids roaming the halls that have not been playing in the past few years..I believe with the young coaching staff then you may see a lot more new faces on the team from within the school system. I wish Bourbon County the best of luck and really look forward to see how this change will impact the 2008-2009 basketball season.

Some youth and enthusiasm might prove to be just what the doctor ordered at Bourbon. I bet there is some good recruiting to be done - in the hallways.

 

Participation has been a major problem in both football and basketball... some kids simply do not want to come out.... hopefully that will change...

Participation has been a major problem in both football and basketball... some kids simply do not want to come out.... hopefully that will change...

 

That kind of change may take some time - it usually has to start at the middle school level.

That kind of change may take some time - it usually has to start at the middle school level.

 

I agree... but there has been some instances when a kid could have come in and been a pretty solid role player... I remember my senior year at Bourbon (2004-2005) the Colonels were really a complementary big man away from really giving Pendleton Co. a run for the top team in the region... there were several kids that would fit the profile to come in and give Russell a blow at times, but no matter how much Salsman or others urged them to come out... they wouldn't...

 

But your dead on... your middle school program is as critical as the JV/Freshman... if not more so...

It would be nice to get a call back to at least say "when cant play you" when you call Bourbon Middle....but it never happens, I wonder if the new Coach will form a program or just get some good players in and then be gone in three years?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.