Top Teams for 08/09

Rank your top 5 or top 10 in the state for the upcoming year as of today. I know things can change.

Also name the favorites for your beloved regions and who is the most likely to make it to state.

:dancingpa

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top 5 in the state (In no particular order):

Scott Co: Guyn, Phares, Euton, and Jackson will all be tough to match up with. Phares and Euton down low will present match up problems since not many teams have to 6'7 + guys in their starting lineup. I like them to win state this year but the 11th will be tough.

Holmes: Just added 6'3 guard Brandon Housley who will without a doubt be an impact player to go along with Pittman and the Johnson Brothers. Also have 6'6 soph Keyvon Arnold and 6'6 freshman to be Herndon. Don't really see anyone in nky stopping Holmes from 3-peating this year in the 9th.

Elliot Co: Return all 5 starters from a squad who made it to state last year and probably gave the state champs their best game in the state tourney. 16th is VERY WEAK so Elliot Co should have a cake walk back to Rupp.

GRC: Hatton, Stenzel and a good soph class to be led by future Wildcat, 6'8 Zollo. GRC should win the 10th.

Eta: Scott/Holmes/GRC/EC...who would be your 5th? Just curious.

I think there are several Louisville teams who could make a case.

I think as a whole the 7th will be up next year with J'town, Male, Manual and Ballard all being solid.

PRP should be another team to watch.

Lexcath with Sanford could make a case but I think they lost too much from last year.

I think some are overlooking Bardstown as well. They only lost one senior I believe.

Edited by Eta Rho

J-town,Hazard,Corbin will be solid as well

If you can add those, then I think you can add Ballard, Manual, Male, North Hardin, Adair, Bryan Station, Lex Cath, UHA, South Laurel, Madisonville, and perhaps a few others.

I know mine are kind of obvious but:

Holmes

GRC

Scott Co

Elliott Co

PRP

Not a full list, but a start.

Sports Guy -- Would have to agree with you that these are the Top 5 teams in pre-season polls. Scott County will probably be#1 in all polls. Some polls will have Elliott #2 while others have GRC or Holmes #2. Other potential Top 10 teams include Manual, Ballard, J-Town, Hazard, Bardstown, and Shelby Valley. Don't think Madisonville and Hood will be that good. They lost the whole starting line-up with the exception of Hood.

Young teams to watch that could move up the charts are Seneca and Boone County. Somehow I can't keep thinking about Lexington Catholic, Covington Catholic, Male, Mason County, and Highlands as they are always tough teams and somehow find their way into the Top 20.

Also, Taylor County with Macon and Cox back should be tough and Hopkins County Central has 6'9" Jones along with another big man back. Christian County is loaded with young talent and should be a Top 25 team. Warren

Central was down a little last year, but should come back into the mix again this year with some outstanding young players. Tates Creek and Henry Clay both have some good young players that should shine this year and TC got one heck of a coach to bring them along. Dunbar with Nick Hudson should be a Top 25 team in pre-season. Corbin and South Laurel should be the cream of the crop in the 13th and both are potential Top 25 teams.