Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SugarDaddy

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SugarDaddy

  1. :devil: Anyone have the results yet?
  2. Hope someone posts the results soon after the DRAW. Best wishes to the teams!
  3. If the weather's not bad, count me in. I'll make the drive to watch this one.
  4. This is one of the craziest things I've heard of. Everyone seems to forget that we are talking about high school KIDS. Can you imagine going to a UK game at Rupp and not hearing the band? The band kids look forward to playing at games, that might very well be the reason they joined the band. It sounds like the parents of all the band kids need to raise their voices and be heard about this one. What's next? Do we get rid of the cheerleaders?
  5. If the weather report I just saw is correct. I predict that this one might get postponed along with several other games. :cry:
  6. I would think that Harrison Co. with that famous home court advantage would have to be the frontrunner in the 38th district this year. I'd put Deming down as a close 2nd.
  7. :banana: So much for home court advantages. I saw were Mason beat Montgomery County at home the other night. So much for their home court advantage. The best team on any given night will generally win the game. :banana:
  8. :banana: Home court advantage is not going to win a ball game for you. You actually have to play the game. Montgomery County better not rely on a home court advantage. On a good night Mason County can play circles around them. It does not matter where they play. They beat some really outstanding teams in Hawaii and they had never played ball in that gym before. I say they will come to play where ever the ballgames are played. And by the way I do not live in Mason county. I like the 10th regions draw.:dancingpa
  9. :fire: Glad Deming continues to win, missed this weeks game. Good to see the wins add up. Continue the winning record. Sorry they had to draw St. Pat the first game did not make for a very entertaining tourny. Continue the good fight.:dancingp:dancingpa
  10. You mean to tell me Montgomery County has not started planning a party yet what about that big home court advantage this year. You had better get started Sunny!
  11. Did I miss something I thought this was just the opening game not the last game. What's that saying don't get the cart before the horse. You can't look over any body you have to play the games to win.:fire:
  12. Reitz was at the All A in Mt. Olivet, I think he would like to be coaching the King Bro. To make your list as Freshman is pretty good. Devils lost a tough one tonight. To bad they drew St. Pat the first game!
  13. :fire:Deming has got a young team. On a good night it could be Demings game. We will see how important a home court avantage really is. Im picking Deming on this one.:devil:
  14. If everyone gets there early that leaves out the teachers, kids an parents who have to travel an hour to get there. Will schools let out school for travel time and the hours it will take to stand in line early to get in the gym? This is already a mess and we are stuck with it this year. One hour on the road and another hour or more in line. We would need to be there as soon as school gets out most places. Maybe we will need some airplanes for the trip to make the 5:30 games. Whats more important school or ballgames. You can not go to school and see the games. Think about it.
  15. :fire:Every one does not get to go to the hospitality room. This room is for coaches, school officials, police, fire & emts, in other words important people. Important to have a lot of food,Mason county sure puts out a real fine spread every night. Nothing cheap there. I have never seen them runout of food or close early. If you are going to do the tourny, do it right. If you are not one of the important people, I guess you can check out the fancy bathrooms and get a hotdog at the great concessions that never have any lines. Won't this be great entertainment if you can get in the gym.:fight:
  16. :fire:Jealousy and Spite are the reasons for moving the 10th Regional tournament from Mason County. Why would any one begin to think Montgomery County would want anyones advice on managing the games. They have the best of everything including the pots in the bathrooms. Im sure Sunny should realize they also have several experts on running tournaments there. Home court advantages does not mean a thing unless you have good players. It took Mason County 20 years to make it to the state tournament with their big home court advantage. Explain that. :fight:
  17. :fight: This was done by only a few schools (Paris, Clark, Montgomery) Bourbon County voted to hold it in Maysville. These three schools voted out of spite. They do not care about the people of the region and all the teams and fans. They don't care how far people will have to travel on school nights. They do not care how many people they inconvenience when they can not get in the gym. They do not care about the revenue for the schools. Either people will get turned away or many may just decide to stay at home because of high gas prices. It's still less money at the gate. However the outcome or crowd the schools of the 10th Region will come out the looser at a time loss of revenue is coming from all directions. The excitement and tradition of the 10th Regional will not be the same. What a let down for everyone involved. Home court advantage will not win a tournament for you. You still have to play ball. Spite, Revenge and Jealousy Hurts everyone.
  18. Large crowd in Maysville tonight. I did not see the home court advantage. I do not live in Mason County. I did not graduate from Mason County. I like to watch them play. We like to watch good basketball games. Some of us would have been in the parking lot listening to the radio and heading for home if this game had been in Montgomery County tonight. Gas is to expensive now to get sent home. I say play the game in the bigest gym. Maybe the businesses there should have donated money to build a bigger gym than Mason County has. More seats would have been more important than fancy pots in the bathroom. I hope I will not be left in the parking lot listening to the radio. If 5000 to 6000 people go 2 hours early and try to get a seat at the same time will there be fighting for the seats. Are there enough police in Montgomery County to handle this kind of crowd ?
  19. :fight: I do not live in Mason County, but like to watch them play. They played in to many tournaments. Only spent 2 nights at home during Christmas. Hawaii and Lexington for over two weeks in hotels would wear any team down. A worn out team and sick players are not going to win basketball games. Give the boys a break here I believe some doctors visits and some rest at home in their own beds and we will soon see the Royals back in the game again. Vitamins and home cooking may do the trick. What do you think about it Mrs. Dugan ?
  20. :fire: I have been to several Deming games, missed tonight went to Mason County. Deming gets in a hole early then they scrap and fight to get back in the game. What is up with the coaching. The game plan is first one down the floor shoot. Don't try to get their own rebounds when they miss. I am looking for some defense. Try stealing the ball, blocking a shot once in a while. If everyone is guarding the King boys why cant some of the other players step up? I will be back to see if Deming will start playing team ball soon.
  21. :fight:To many Tournaments in a short period of time. Boys had only 2 nights at home for Christmas. They stayed in hotels for 2 weeks. Too many road trips. Sick players do not make for good games. Hawaii was nice they played some good games over there. They need to slow down on the scheduling let the players stay at home maybe the good team will be back soon. Ill be watching! I did not see any home court advantage tonight.
  22. :fire:Went to Mason County/Scott County game tonight. I do not live in Mason County. Went to watch a good basketball game. I sure could not see the home court advantage tonight. If we had had to watch this game at Montgomery County tonight. We might have had to sit in the car and listen to the game on the radio on our way back home. There will be a mad bunch of people in the parking lot when this happens If Mason County has had such a big home court advantage why did it take them 20 years to make it to the State Tourny.
  23. I read Rison's statement in the paper today as well. I must say that I didn't realize that people watched basketball games from fancy toliet seats. Maybe they should try this suggestion. Place t.v. monitors in those fancy bathrooms and maybe they can open up 10 or so more seats for the 1000 people who are standing outside trying to get in to see the game. Glad the priorities are in order there. I've never met Rison nor do I anticipate doing so, but his comments in today's paper sounded ridiculous.
  24. :fight:I have gone to the regional tourny for many years. I believe a lot of the schools around should be used to playing in the fieldhouse by now. I live in an area where we like to attend all the good games. We have done this for years. We don't just follow our home school. We like to watch good basketball games. I believe with high gas prices and the games being moved it will inconvenance a lot of people who want to attend. We will pick what games we want to see. We will eat in Flemingsburg or Paris. We will buy our gas there too. I would like to know what businesses will be fool enough to donate the money to schools to make up for low attendance. I do not live in Mason County. We may choose to stay home and listen to Maysville radio. I would rather do that than drive all that distance and not be able to get in the gym.
  25. :fire: I have been to several Deming games this year. Im still looking for the good team everyone has been talking about. I think it would help if they would block some shots and try rebounding. I will continue to come to some games and watch for the good team to come back some night soon.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.