Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Home Court Advantage

Featured Replies

:banana: So much for home court advantages. I saw were Mason beat Montgomery County at home the other night. So much for their home court advantage. The best team on any given night will generally win the game. :banana:

How does one game make a universal rule?

 

So, for example if the Spurs beat the Grizzlies in Memphis that proves their is no home court advantage?

How does one game make a universal rule?

 

So, for example if the Spurs beat the Grizzlies in Memphis that proves their is no home court advantage?

 

:laugh: Well said trojans. I agree.

I can honestly say I don't care about court advantage when it comes to the NBA and to the ones that make millions, I doubt they care as well:lol:

You could also say that without the home court advantage, Mason would have won by a

quite larger margin. I have always heard there is a 10pt H.C. advantage. Mason might have won by 16 instead of six if they were on their home court that night.

Really I don't think it matters. If you're a good team you will be able to take care of business whether your at home or on the road.

Really I don't think it matters. If you're a good team you will be able to take care of business whether your at home or on the road.
Disagree and if you're a good team and playing another good team, than home crows can energize adrenalin for teams.

 

Familiarity with shooting backdrops, lighting, rims and travel, are all elements of the game, that can make a difference. You mix in a rivalry game and then anything is possible.

If you are having to use signals because it is too loud to hear your play being called, you are at a disadvantage. Also think a big one that you will hear players talk about is the rims. Some rims are "loose." Some rims are "tight." Some rims you can expect to get a friendly role on, some you can't. And if its a long road game then yeah it can take its toll on the legs. I think what is overrated is actually what the "cheering sections" say. Some fans think that the players are really bothered by that whereas an experienced player tunes out as much as he can and it is more of a "white noise." The exception to this is when cheering sections use an opposing players name. That, IMO, should be off limits and stopped by a game supervisor, JMO...

There is such a thing as a home court advantage. :thumb:

This is one of the dumbest arguments that I read on BGP. To say that there is no such thing as a home court advantage simply because a home team loses is ridiculous. Playing at home certainly doesn't guarantee a victory, but it definitely is an advantage to play at home.

:banana: So much for home court advantages. I saw were Mason beat Montgomery County at home the other night. So much for their home court advantage. The best team on any given night will generally win the game. :banana:

 

:laugh: These posts keep getting better and better.

:banana: So much for home court advantages. I saw were Mason beat Montgomery County at home the other night. So much for their home court advantage. The best team on any given night will generally win the game. :banana:

 

It's called a home court advantage for a reason, it's an advantage, but not a guarantee.

Finally the voice of reason comes through on BGP.

 

I heard the same silly argument last year when GRC beat Mason Co in the region finals.

 

I mean that is like saying that because the Patriots won the turnover battle in the super bowl and lost the game there is no correlation ever between winning the turnover battle and winning a game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.