Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southernkyhoops

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southernkyhoops

  1. Pick any other region for Clinton and Russell, there are five other regions closer than Bowling Green. It is a 2 hour trip from Clinton County to WKU. We can get to lexington quicker.
  2. I agree, but you you also know the kids that have it. You know, that little something you can't teach. I would bet the house these 2 will be exceptional high school players. While I don't think you could win the 9th with 2 exceptional players, I think you might win the 8th with 2 excellent guards and 3 or 4 solid players. I understand Walton has a good 9th grade class as well and we played their 6th grade bunch last year and they were very solid and the younger McNeil might be the best of all of them.
  3. I love EKU but I would like to see the ALL A alternate between the two. It did start in northern Kentucky I believe.
  4. I am not throwing darts for darn sure, we beat them both, and both have quality teams. Conner has the advantage inside but Walton is a better team due to their teriffic guard play. 1. Moss 2. Crosby 3. Clinton 4. Johnson Central 5. Walton 6. Knox/Lincoln Crosby and Moss were the two best, the next 6-8 were very close to even. Conner would be in the 10-12 range IMO. They have a very good team as well, I think the big athletic kid is as good as WV's two guards. Three excellent players. Walton has the best 7th grade backcourt in the state, period! They compliment each other extremely well and they were a first class bunch of kids, coaches and parents. Walton is in the 8th region and will be a state tournament contender for several years 2012-2017. The two little brothers can flat play as well. Conner and Gray both have excellent 7th grade teams, NKY basketball looks good in the next few years.
  5. What has Buttry ever won? He may be an excellent coach but you couldn't tell from what he has accomplished.
  6. Walton 7th was one of the top 5 teams in the middle school state. I am not from Walton or anywhere near Walton but they will win a regional tournament if they stay together. Great kids and great players, this bunch is special. This is a really good job for somebody.
  7. I thought Russell dominated the first half and then just fell completely apart. The Lakers should be playing in the finals. Central is very predictable and Russell have a long time to prepare. They had a great game plan agaist the Dragons and followed it to perfection. I thought the Lakers had a couple of players get really frusturated tonight.
  8. I think the rule is there so kids in the same grade can play together on the same team. I can tell you that kids were repeating grades before AAU became a dominate force in basketball. It just gives kids an extra year to mature. Now with all of the negativity surrounding repeating a grade, alot of parents simply start their child late. I understand people's resentment towards it especially if they started theirs a little early. One and one half years is a lot of difference in elementary and middle school. The fact is though, they will be competing agaist the same children in high school. We all know this is a dead issue that has been beaten to death several times on here, I don't think either side will ever agree with the other.
  9. Or the parent sees talent and hopes that one more year of maturity might push them over the edge and help them get a scholorship to attend college. Anyone that does it so their kid can dominate middle school is wrong, but for most, I don't feel that is the case. In 1978 I stayed back as an 8th grader and and played 12 8th grade basketball games (a full season) within a 45 mile radius. I was a straight A student and remained one after I stayed back. I started the 3rd varsity game of my freshman year and never played a freshman or JV game in my career. I recieved a scholorship to Georgetown. I graduated college and have a very happy and successful life. I fail to see anything wrong with that. When I graduated at 19, I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life. I have a hard time believing a 17 year old would have a better understanding. The bottom line is you people are arguing about an advantage in middle school basketball. Compare that to the stock market, budget crissis, or war in Iraq and tell me why we even have this discussion. I see both sides to the argument but it's alot like an argument between a Baptist and a Catholic, no one is ever going to admit they are wrong or the other person is right. Let's all just say we choose to disagree.
  10. You can be a exception and have never repeated a grade. Alot of people start their kids late in our area. It is very common. The kids will usually be an exception by 1-3 months. I think this is all crazy anyway, I play my kids up as far as they can compete. It's not about winning and losing, it's about getting better and being competitive. I have also noticed that the kids whose parents complain about grade exceptions usually never end up being players. There parents start marking excuses for them at a young age and when you reach a certain level there are no more excusses. They spent their time complaining instead of working to get better and overcoming the obstacles.
  11. I like Wayne County vs. McCreary Central in the finals!
  12. When will the Scott County tourney schedule be posted? Someone said today.
  13. The Louisville Suns are always very solid. The Lexington Celtics are brand new, I'll see what I can find out.
  14. You mean all of the kids attend the same elementary school? Or do you mean local as in the greater Cincinnati area?
  15. Clinton County is no fluke. They are 16-9 and play in the 4th region. Clinton County would win the 12th.
  16. The Gators are from Louisville, they used to be the Highview Heat. They played as the Gators last season. They have played together about 4 years. They may have a pickup player from Etown but almost all of them are from Louisville. They should have a very nice team, I haven't seen them yet this season.
  17. Clinton County led Hazard in the 4th quarter at Richmond before running out of gas. They closed the deal agaist South Laurel. St. John picked up an over the back call, his second, and then proceeded to yell out bullcrap or soomething a whole lot like that and waved his arms in disgust. He was given a technical. He really didn't play well until he came back in the 2nd half. South looked very uninspired and got whipped in every aspect of the game, you can tell they have alot of talent. They also shot very poorly from behind the line. Clinton County is a good team that starts 4 juniors. They will be a very good team next year. Coach Messer does a great job getting these kids ready to play.
  18. Once a season will not get it done, and who were they playing?
  19. Big win for Coach Todd Messer and the Bulldogs.
  20. Will Holmes drop out of the top 5? They probably should. It looks like Holmes peaked way too early, they may not make it out of the region.
  21. Sounds to me like Rico is ready to be an NBA lottery pick as a junior in high school. I love Elliott County and the way they play, I think Ferguson is a great shooter and I think he will go DI. I am for Elliott County to win the sweet sixteen. I would vote for Ferguson as a 1st team allstate player. He is my favorite player this season along with Hood and the kid at Moore. I cheer agaist Holmes every game this season, I don't know if Rico is better this season or not, but he will be a difference maker when he gets to the college level. Johnson can go anywhere and play! Ferguson has to go to a program that fits his style, Johnson can play anywhere. I think Ferguson is as athletic and basically the same player as Lofton at this point in their careers, maybe a very slight edge to Lofton. Tennessee used Lofton until they got athletes and then he quit being the primary option as a senior. Both are great Kentucky high school basketball players and no one should be critical of either.
  22. Where are the district and regional tournaments played? Looks like the home team will be a lock.
  23. Anybody that thinks Eastern and Jtown can't play with Scott County and Holmes don't leave their comfort zone very often. These 2 are as good as anybody but I do agree with the top 2, just not that everyone elses.
  24. Is Lee DeForrest at Garrard the 12th region coach of the year? It sure would be hard to pick agaist him. He should be atop the wish list for alot of coaching vacancies in central Kentucky this summer. Do you think Garrard can keep him? He sure has turned that program around!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.