Everything posted by sprocket
-
Oldham County / Fairdale predictions
Hard to predict what's gonna happen. I don't know anything about Oldham's season thus far and Fairdale has been on the good side of two blow-outs ( 44-0 against Spencer Co. in a scrimmage and 64-0 against Iroquois). I can say I believe this Fairdale team has the potential to be Coach Jonathan Miller's best he has coached. I'm anxious for Friday!
-
Top Recievers in Jefferson County?
Yes. Trinity always has good wideouts. Im looking forward to seeing him play next year
-
Top Recievers in Jefferson County?
Jefferson County Schools seem to have some very good Junior and Senior Recievers for next year. I was wondering who you guys think will be on top at the end of the season
-
Fairdale 2010
Offensive line must get better if they are to improve. The skill positions are set with returning recievers and also with some transfers that have come in
-
Playoff Outlook: 4-A Region 2
Three JCPS schools will come out of first round in this one.
-
Fairdale Info?
Assistant AD usually does an in-depth program - even for away games. If you can get your hands on one of these it would be a huge help for a radio broadcast.
-
2008 Fairdale
Some younger players are going to have to step up - particularly the juniors to be. This team has very few seniors (one senior - QB - on the field during 7 on 7) - the QB and a few offensive linemen (having your experience in those positions can't hurt!)
-
Lucas fired from Butler?
TigerKat. You mentioned you know some Butler folks. Is it true that the football players were consulted by administration and played a big part in the decision to fire Lucas? Are the animals controlling the zoo?
-
Lucas fired from Butler?
If Catlett ends up at Butler, Butler may take Male's place as the Jefferson County traditional powerhouse within 5 years.
-
Lucas fired from Butler?
I heard today that Doug Lucas was fired at Butler High School. Can anyone confirm?
-
St. X Hospitality
Don't even attempt to negatively spin this gesture. Class move from X. I appreciate it as a public school person.
-
Catlett out at Ballard...
Ballard is going to have a tough time finding a coach to replace Mark Catlett. IMO, one of the best in the state....and a great role model for student/athletes. He was replaced because he lost to Trinity too many times. I think his being a prominent voice in the Public/Private debates led some to think he didn't believe he could compete with Trinity. I'm not so sure Redmond would do any better at Ballard. I don't know Redmond, but I would be surprised someone at his stage of their career would want to make a change like this. But then again, the egos of football coaches often lead to surprising decisions:lol:
-
Warren East 54 Fairdale 20 (4A)
Warren has good speed. #1 is their stud - he is very good offensively and defensively. RB's hit the whole hard and reach full speed in about 3 steps. I also liked their play calling. They mix it up quite a bit and throw some dangerous screens at opportune times. Defense flies to the ball and gang tackles every down. They line up in a 3 - 3 defense most of the time. Very vunerable to traps. Fairdale gained yardage on traps but fell behind so far they had to pass more than they probably wanted. Once they were in that position, it was over. It's hard to pass against 5 DB's and 3 LB's. Going to have to stop the big plays, which Fairdale did not do. Warren had several 40+ yard gains. Warren had three players faster than anyone on Fairdale's team (#1, #8, #21). #5 and #7 pretty fast too. If Warren got past the Fairdale LB's they scored a TD.
-
Warren East 54 Fairdale 20 (4A)
Fairdale hammered by a much better Warren East team.
-
Fairdale @ Warren East (4A)
I'm thinking the scores of both teams will be in the 30's. The team that sustains more 10+ play drives will win. Fairdale 36 Warren East 34
-
Fairdale's Ricketts signs with Arkansas
I would take Ricketts in a one-on-one with any Mrs. Basketball candidate. Outstanding talent!!
-
Fairdale @ Warren East (4A)
I don't know much about Warren East. Can someone fill me in?
-
What has been the biggest surprise this week?
Bardstown beat Danville? That is a surprise!!
- Fairdale 18 Valley 7 (4A)
-
Second Round: Fairdale @ Valley
I look for results similar to the Fairdale-Western 1st round game.
-
Fairdale 45 Western 10
Bulldogs dominated this time around. Western never had a chance and only scored after Fairdale sat several starters in the third and fourth quarters.
-
Western @ Fairdale
Fairdale 26 - 13
-
Who Is The Best Team To Miss The Playoffs?
I know this is a debate that will never end, but we have to remind ourselves that this is high school football and over 95% (educated guess) will never play competitive football after high school. The KHSAA had a very difficult task in devising a system that allowed more teams to be competitive while not rendering the regular season meaningless. The current playoff system is not perfect (IMO the previous system was more flawed) but it does make a lot of children's high school football more enjoyable. It also continues to maintain an elite status for the 6 state champs. Overall, I think we will see the quality of high school football improve over the next several years under this system.
-
Who Is The Best Team To Miss The Playoffs?
Reported in Courier-Journal this morning: "Of the state's 29 teams that did not qualify for the playoffs, only three finished at .500 or better: Grant County (6-4), Madisonville-North Hopkins (5-5) and Central Hardin (5-5)"
-
Hypothetical Question
A student can't participate in any school activities while suspended from school. This includes practice. In Jefferson County Public Schools the student and parents are informed of this by the suspending administrator in the form of a suspension notice. This would put the player at fault and would be treated as a "failure to follow directives" violation of the board approved discipline code. The disposition for this code violation can be anything from a minimum of a parent conference to a maximum of 5 days suspension determined by the suspending administrator. As for the coach, his punishment would be determined by the principal. The principal of this coach would have a difficult time justifying the renewal of the coaches contract and would definitely have grounds for immediate dismissal.