Lucas fired from Butler?

sprocket

Fired, resigned, whatever..... to be determined....I think it is a bum deal. Bocko must have someone lined up...possibly Wallace from Bowling Green High School to take Lucas' place. I'd say AD Crawley had zero input. :mad:

Wallace is not moving to Louisville, he has been offered many times before. He has been fired for sure and it will be interesting to see who they go after. I hear 3 names that are interesting. This is from a Butler person. The names he mentioned are Coverdale, Nichols and Bruner. I know these sound like a long shot but that is who they will try to get to come and talk with them. I personnally thing someone should go after Lonnie Oldham. He does well in JCPS type schools.

Not suprising to say the least.

If HE chooses, Mark Catlett will be the next HC.

Coverdale will not coach in a public school in Jeff. Co, Bruner has said that he LOVES Nelson and wouldn't leave, and I would see it as a step down for Nichols. You mention Oldham from Oldham Co. its sounds like the community there is beginning to get restless with him and things a getting a wee bit ugly. We will have to wait that one out. I am not sure that the way in which he left Seneca will help him return to JCPS. I know he has always wanted to replace Coach Redman at Male. If the Redman to Ballard rumor holds, then we will see . . .

What a crazy off-season thus far!

This is sad news indeed. I hope that this move wasn't made solely based on their record. They play in arguably the toughest 6A district and have a killer non-league schedule. If the rumors about descension within the ranks are true then that could have played a role. Because of their district I would imagine that a quick turnaround (record-wise) would be difficult to achieve. The next coach will have to be patient and hope that any decision made about busing will lend an advantage to them somehow.

Not suprising to say the least.

If HE chooses, Mark Catlett will be the next HC.

Coverdale will not coach in a public school in Jeff. Co, Bruner has said that he LOVES Nelson and wouldn't leave, and I would see it as a step down for Nichols. You mention Oldham from Oldham Co. its sounds like the community there is beginning to get restless with him and things a getting a wee bit ugly. We will have to wait that one out. I am not sure that the way in which he left Seneca will help him return to JCPS. I know he has always wanted to replace Coach Redman at Male. If the Redman to Ballard rumor holds, then we will see . . .

What a crazy off-season thus far!

Is St. Butler a public school?????????????????:sssh:

This is sad news indeed. I hope that this move wasn't made solely based on their record. They play in arguably the toughest 6A district and have a killer non-league schedule. If the rumors about descension within the ranks are true then that could have played a role. Because of their district I would imagine that a quick turnaround (record-wise) would be difficult to achieve. The next coach will have to be patient and hope that any decision made about busing will lend an advantage to them somehow.
The districts are small though. If they were to play some of the nearby smaller schools Valley, Doss, Iroquios, Western, Desales, and Fairdale they could quickly improve the record and build some confidence.

The districts are small though. If they were to play some of the nearby smaller schools Valley, Doss, Iroquios, Western, Desales, and Fairdale they could quickly improve the record and build some confidence.

The gave up 67 points to Western last season. I don't think they could have beaten Valley, Fairdale or Western this past year!! They have a lot of work to do. Either way all the city 6A schools with the exception of Male in the past and future are playing for second best as long as they have to go up against Trinity and St. X. imo ;)

The gave up 67 points to Western last season. I don't think they could have beaten Valley, Fairdale or Western this past year!! They have a lot of work to do. Either way all the city 6A schools with the exception of Male in the past and future are playing for second best as long as they have to go up against Trinity and St. X. imo ;)
This year they wouldn't have, but it is the route to right the ship. Historically Butler hasn't been as bad as they were last year, nor will they continue to be.