Region 1 teams - which way are they headed?

Might as well spark up talk about future basketball.

With graduation hitting some teams hard where do you see these schools headed.

4 semi-final teams.

McCracken- Can they continue to dominate after Sivills? The Mustangs only lose two seniors. Heard will be missed on the inside and his rebounding and Sivills may be one of the best to have played in this area in a long time. McCracken brings back lots of young players who saw big minutes and played in lots of big games.

Marshall- Stokes, Powell, Flatt are gone. These guys have started for a long time. Harmon rumors are alway flying around so if he is gone the Marshalls have a ton to replace.

Mayfield- The cardinals new coach will have to replace 8 seniors again.

Paducah Tilghman- Laster carried a big load both scoring and rebounding.

I think as long as Harmon returns next year Marshall County will be one of the favorites to win the region. It seems like McCracken County will always be one of the top teams. I think Paducah Tilghman is heading in the right direction with their new head coach. It blows my mind that Paducah Tilghman hasn’t won the region since 2010, they’ve had as much talent as anybody in the region over the last 5 or 6 years.

I think Murray may be the favorite starting the year. I would say then Tilghman but they have to get over the mental part of beating McCracken. It has been something like 10 straight games they have lost to McCracken.

McCracken seems to always be the team to beat. 5 out 7 years Mccracken has been in the Championship game. Eric Chumbler the voice of the Mustangs tweeted out the numbers after they won the regional championship and it was crazy what McCracken has done over the last few years. Calloway lost a bunch to graduation. Graves struggled this year and lost most everything again. Fulton Co. showed some promise in the regional tournament this year. Hard to say about what Marshall will be like. Too many question marks on if Harmon comes back or not.