Allen County - Scottsville 2014/2015

Allen County lost 4 seniors that will definitely be missed, but they do return 3 starters and their top 2 scorers from last year and 2 of the best players in the 15th District in Sikes and Harper. They combined for 30 points a game last season and were 2 of 3 juniors named to the all season team in the 15th District. Both of them will be difficult to defend. Sikes is a 5'11" guard that is a dual threat, he can shoot the three and loves getting to the rim, Harper is 6'6" and moves up and down the court better than most bigs in the region and can shoot the outside shot well. Both are being contacted by various colleges. They will be looking for a few juniors to step in and contribute. Clarke has improved a lot since last year and should get some easy baskets if Harper gets doubled. If Allen can reduce their turnovers from last year and step up their defense they should have a good season and compete with every team in the region. They have the skilled players to make a run at District championship this year.

Allen County does return 2 really good players. They both hurt us last year. I think Sikes scored like 45 on us in 2 games, and Harper is a talented big man and was hard to handle inside. Teams will have a tough time stopping both of them this year. The problem for them will be their bench. They didn't play very many players the games I saw, (except for the little blonde headed guard, (good shooter)) so they probably won't have much experience. Everyone thought they would be the team to beat last year in the District, at least on paper. They had size and shooting. But the style they played took away their advantage. They would walk the ball up the court, very slow paced games. I don't remember them getting very few fast breaks the games I saw. They actually had the worst record in the district after being the favorite going in. If they play the same style this year it would be great for us. It would help keep the score close and then who knows. I think they lost like 10 games by 6 points or less last year. The style they play may keep the games close but apparently does not translate into wins. They only won like 10-11 games last year. Their offense requires a lot of passes, resulting in lots of turn overs. With the talent they have returning and add a couple of decent players they could be good but if they play the same style as last year it will probably be the same result. I don't see them beating Monroe or Barren this year and Glasgow will give them a good game if it's a slow paced game.