DeSales Football

fredglp

Despite their record I think they have alot of promise and I look for good things to come. I have seen several of their games. They are young...but well coached...and play hard. Impressed with their coaching staff and young men. Wish them all the best..........hang in there................they almost upset Doss (playing up several Classes)....beat themselves IMO...by a late penalty while driving in for what might have been the winning score...................Good luck:thumb:

Despite their record I think they have alot of promise and I look for good things to come. I have seen several of their games. They are young...but well coached...and play hard. Impressed with their coaching staff and young men. Wish them all the best..........hang in there................they almost upset Doss (playing up several Classes)....beat themselves IMO...by a late penalty while driving in for what might have been the winning score...................Good luck:thumb:

I have heard great things about their coaching staff and their program. What is there schedule this week?

They do not play this week. Like a previous poster said they play Owen Co. at Owen Co. Then they play Holy Cross on Saturday at Manual Stadium, which is where they now play there home games. The Holy Cross game is the week of Homecoming. They play a pretty solid schedule and need a win of any kind just to get their head's up. Tough being 3-0 starting the season. They are a very young team that has to be coached really hard as they are young. They are hard nosed and tough. They have several players listed in the states top 100 by position on maxpreps.com. One Senior is #2 in the state in tackles, another is #4 or 5 I believe. So, they have talent, it is just going to take some time to bring it out on the field. I really agree with the coach when he made a statement to the paper that he is still getting to know his team.

From what I have seen they seem to be a second half type team. A team that is so young that some mistakes or otherwise fundamental football play is not executed. Yes, they are slow and I am not so sure some of it is just plain hesitation. Mark has been out for some three months just as the season was getting underway. He has to learn his team and make adjustments with some of the new plays he is adding to the offense. They have a close group of kids that work hard and have the discipline to "Bring It" on game night. Not the most talented bunch, but have continued to improve.

From what I have seen they seem to be a second half type team. A team that is so young that some mistakes or otherwise fundamental football play is not executed. Yes, they are slow and I am not so sure some of it is just plain hesitation. Mark has been out for some three months just as the season was getting underway. He has to learn his team and make adjustments with some of the new plays he is adding to the offense. They have a close group of kids that work hard and have the discipline to "Bring It" on game night. Not the most talented bunch, but have continued to improve.

What about their Freshman squad?

From what I understand the Freshman squad is made up of about 26 kids give or take a few. Really good number for a 2A school. I would be surprised if most of the larger schools in the area have those numbers. They have some really good players and should reinforce last years group which went undefeated. So, DeSales will be a team to watch in the coming years. Which the outstanding coaching and talented player coming through we can only look for more good things from the Colts. They are nurturing a solid football program that kids will want to continue to be apart of in the coming years.