Woodford County 51 Lexington Catholic 49 OT

Not to take anything away from Woodford Co's effort and executing at the end to win the game, but Lexington Catholic played pretty poor. Lex Cath's bench did not score, 5 for 14 on Free Throws, weak 3 pt shooting, could not score on the inside when the game was up for grabs. Lex Catholic was up 9 in second half and looked like they may pull it out, but Woodford Co just would not die.......Woodford Co just wanted it more, and they got it!!

In reference to Catholic having played poorly, was it because Woodford's defense was tough? Contested shots are always more difficult than uncontested shots. I did not see this game but have seen Woodford play several times this season, and Hundley does have them playin tough Defense.

That picture is great, shows just how big of a win this is for the program.

Loved those kids reaction to the win! Great half court man defense by Woodford. They simply wanted it more in my opinion. It was a great high school basketball game. Good luck to the Woodford on Saturday and hopefully Tuesday.

In reference to Catholic having played poorly, was it because Woodford's defense was tough? Contested shots are always more difficult than uncontested shots. I did not see this game but have seen Woodford play several times this season, and Hundley does have them playin tough Defense.

I didn't see it either, but it sounds like Woodfords great defense had a lot to do with Lex Cath going 5 for 14 from the line.

I didn't see it either, but it sounds like Woodfords great defense had a lot to do with Lex Cath going 5 for 14 from the line.

Doubt defense had anything to do with the misses at the line, that would be attributed to a lack of focus and mental toughness. Making shots at the line comes down to belief in yourself and a constent routine.