Woodford County 51 Lexington Catholic 49 OT

Great game. Woodford seemed to want it more than Catholic and overcame a 9 point second half deficit with pure grit. Rodney Gross with a huge driving layup at regulation buzzer to send it to overtime, but the long 3 by William Starcher in the last minute made that play possible. One subtle thing I thought Hundley did was the first possession of the second half. I thought David Greenwell was terrible in the first half, but Hundley ran a set for a 3 to start the second half. Greenwell knocked it down and he was much better the rest of the way. Catholic's Jack Whitman is very good and had a nice game with19, but Jay Johnson did a good job not allowing him to take over the game. Catholic got nothing from Dillon Avare and Craig Floyd had 16, but besides a stretch mid 3rd I thought he did not give Catholic what he normally does.

Congratulations Woodford. Good luck against Madison Central Saturday.

Huge win for Hundley and the Yellowjacket program. Best of luck against Madison Central.

Wish I had a video of the offensive goaltending call to see what some of our BGP officiating experts would say about it. I thought it was going to be Woodford's doom but the kids and coaching staff kept their composure and scrapped out the win.

It was great to see seniors make plays at the end for Woodford! Agreed, big three by Greenwell coming out in the 2nd half. Gross's layup at the buzzer was amazing. Starcher hit a huge 3 to bring the jackets back to 45-44 down. 3-4 fts for Jay Johnson were huge!

Great to see Woodford pull off the upset!

Woodford County knocks off Lexington Catholic

RICHMOND — It was a mob scene — a deliriously happy mob scene — in the Woodford County locker room after the Yellowjackets upset No. 12 Lexington Catholic 51-49 in an overtime thriller Wednesday night in the first round of the boys' 11th Region basketball tournament in EKU's McBrayer Arena.

Woodford County's players and coaches were jumping up and down and screaming for joy in a tightly bunched group as they celebrated one of the program's biggest wins in years.

"It's unbelievable," Coach Scott Hundley said. "These guys have worked so hard all year. I told them before the game to go out and make your memories, go out and earn this."

Read more here: 11th Region boys: Woodford County knocks off Lexington Catholic | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

MXfxs.AuSt.79.jpg

Woodford County's players leaped into the stands to celebrate with fans after the Yellowjackets beat 12th-ranked and defending 11th Region champion Lexington Catholic on Wednesday in the 11th Region quarterfinals. MARK CORNELISON — Herald-Leader

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/02/29/2089751/11th-region-boys-woodford-county.html#storylink=cpy

Huge win for Hundley and the Yellowjacket program. Best of luck against Madison Central.

Wish I had a video of the offensive goaltending call to see what some of our BGP officiating experts would say about it. I thought it was going to be Woodford's doom but the kids and coaching staff kept their composure and scrapped out the win.

I thought it was a poor call.

Johnson hung on the rim because there were players on the floor under him.

I must admit, I was looking around for a video board to see the replay, and, of course, there was not one.

It is amazing to me that Woodford County beat Lexington Catholic with Jay Johnson playing on one leg. Why Jack Whitman didn't touch it every possession is very puzzling?

Woodford really played tough in the 2nd half, not the best I've seen them play but still tough. Catholic shot the ball absolutely terrible from beyond the arc. Two huge jumpballs by Gross on the Catholic side of the ball towards the end of the game to get Woodford the possesion back. Huge 3 by Startcher in regulation as well. They have to be happy getting victory while Greenwell didnt play his best game. Also, huge contribution by Boggess off the bench in the 2nd half when Holland wasnt giving them anything. Best of luck to the Yellow Jackets in the next round against Madison Central.

What's the rule?? - Johnson got a clean attempt at dunking the missed shot as the ball came off the rim.....as he dunks, the ball pops up and falls back through the goal....Johnson grabs the rim as players have fallen down under the goal.....the ball does go through the basket while Johnson has hold of the rim......tough call....could have been a game-changer......what's the rule??? dunk or goal tending?