Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Lunardi updated bracket

Featured Replies

  • Author

Coach K is a Krybaby. His brother Roy Williams isnt any better either.

 

I dont care what anyone says, the media is biased towards UK. The media loves dUKe and UNC, why I have no clue but they do. I guess they love dUKe because they are a bunch of little smart rich kids who may own the media one day.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coach K is a Krybaby. His brother Roy Williams isnt any better either.

 

I dont care what anyone says, the media is biased towards UK. The media loves dUKe and UNC, why I have no clue but they do. I guess they love dUKe because they are a bunch of little smart rich kids who may own the media one day.

 

If one wants to make a poster symbolizing the paranoid UK fan here it is.

If one wants to make a poster symbolizing the paranoid UK fan here it is.

 

Unfortunately it is fans like mountain ref that make many hate UK Basketball.

 

The media isn't biased towards or against anybody. They build up teams that are consistently in the top ten: which is why Duke and North Carolina get a lot of love. Kentucky does now too since Calipari came to Lexington. Certainly individuals like Bob Knight may be biased one way or the other, but as a whole the media is certainly not biased and its ignorant to think so. They favor whatever will get the most viewers and make the most money...that's it.

^ Exactly.....and believe me, if they were biased against UK, you'd hear a whole lot more about TRob out of Kansas, than Davis.

mobaar-

 

Show me where I am dismissing facts. I agreed with everything that was said except for preferential treatment towards Duke/UNC.

 

2002. My bad. I remember it all too well.

 

Not all UK fans have issues. Some do. I don't always disagree on some of the issues. I just don't think it is a conspiracy to have Duke and UNC play in North Carolina. It's a convenience and luxury for sure but conspiracy? Not hardly. I've never denied it's an advantage. I just don't think it's a conspiracy. It certainly wasn't a conspiracy in 2010 when Duke played in Jacksonville, Austin(Elite 8 game against Baylor) and then the Championship game in Indianapolis against Butler. Just the way things go sometimes.

 

 

In 2010 not a single tournament game was played in the state of North Carolina. RomanEmpire is right. It can be done.

Not all UK fans have issues. Some do. I don't always disagree on some of the issues. I just don't think it is a conspiracy to have Duke and UNC play in North Carolina. It's a convenience and luxury for sure but conspiracy? Not hardly. I've never denied it's an advantage. I just don't think it's a conspiracy.

 

We're on the same page then.

 

I loved the Yum center being built since it will hopefully give some of that advantage to UK. A rotation of host sites between Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville and Cincinnati would be great for UK.

We're on the same page then.

 

I loved the Yum center being built since it will hopefully give some of that advantage to UK. A rotation of host sites between Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville and Cincinnati would be great for UK.

 

I agree also, why was that such a hard point to make? Weird. As far as a conspiracy, who ever said that?

I agree also, why was that such a hard point to make? Weird. As far as a conspiracy, who ever said that?

 

Mountainref. :D

We're on the same page then.

 

I loved the Yum center being built since it will hopefully give some of that advantage to UK. A rotation of host sites between Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville and Cincinnati would be great for UK.

 

Question: Are the Shoe, Cintas, and US Bank all too small to host the 1st and 2nd rounds?

5/3 Arena - 13,176

Cintas-10,250

US Bank- 17,000

 

In reference UD Arena, who hosts the play-in games, seats 13,400

5/3 Arena - 13,176

Cintas-10,250

US Bank- 17,000

 

In reference UD Arena, who hosts the play-in games, seats 13,400

 

I've never understood why US Bank doesn't get used for the tourney. One would think they would be able to sell that place out on a regular basis for 1st and 2nd round games.

Especially when you could put UK/UL there

I've never understood why US Bank doesn't get used for the tourney. One would think they would be able to sell that place out on a regular basis for 1st and 2nd round games.

 

Maybe because it is a dump...

Question: Are the Shoe, Cintas, and US Bank all too small to host the 1st and 2nd rounds?

 

Shoe and Cintas are probably too small. US Bank is well past its best days - the same reason Freedom Hall hadn't hosted in years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.