Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rank the Coaches - NKY Edition

Featured Replies

cooper

ryle

holmes

ncc

ccath

boone

conner

st henry

scott ccounty

  • Replies 92
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, to try and get the ball rolling a little, I will throw a my top 5 out there.

 

McQueary at Boone and Booher at Holmes are no doubters in the top 5 IMO. I also would put Brannen in the top 5. So that leaves me two slots. Code has to be in the top 5. That leaves me deciding between the other 9th region champion coaches for my last slot - Chevalier, Russell and Faust. I will go with Chevalier.

I think Brannen & Faust do the best job year in and year out. Sullivan & Carr would be right behind them. Booher has a great resume too. Jury is still out on Ruthsatz.

Code has to be in the top 5. If it wasn't for a few good Mason Co teams he would have taken the Mustangs to the State Tourny. Plus he has won an All A State Title.

Can The Guru put a by-law in to the website

that defines NKY as Boone, Kenton, and Campbell counties, so that we don't have to revisit this every time

someone posts "NKY?"

 

So...that is a yes?

I think Brannen & Faust do the best job year in and year out. Sullivan & Carr would be right behind them. Booher has a great resume too. Jury is still out on Ruthsatz.

 

:thumb: Couldn't agree more with you on this. Faust & Brannen do a great job year in and year out and would be my top two. Others mentioned in this thread would fall in right behind them.

I think Brannen & Faust do the best job year in and year out. Sullivan & Carr would be right behind them. Booher has a great resume too. Jury is still out on Ruthsatz.

 

:thumb: Couldn't agree more with you on this. Faust & Brannen do a great job year in and year out and would be my top two. Others mentioned in this thread would fall in right behind them.

 

If success year in and year out is your measurement, how do you not include Code and McQueary?

1a Faust

1b Sullivan

1c Code

McQuery

Brannen

Carr

Hicks (Conner)

Stiener

Chevelier

Booher

Trame

Not knocking Faust but seriously, what has his teams done in the last several years to have him ranked in the top 5?

1a Faust

1b Sullivan

1c Code

McQuery

Brannen

Carr

Hicks (Conner)

Stiener

Chevelier

Booher

Trame

 

State Champion Booher not getting much love.

 

On the other hand, Sullivan seems to be getting a lot of love in the thread despite the resume. This is the coach whose record coming into this season is 7-50, right? I know it is a new program but ... He may be the greatest coach in the state but I can't put him in my top 10 right now with that record.

Not knocking Faust but seriously, what has his teams done in the last several years to have him ranked in the top 5?

 

First thing to remember is that he coaches at St. Henry. Lets be honest any kid that lives in that area and is very good at sports goes to CovCath. Next, to answer your question, in the last several years, they have won 4 straight district titles and have done very well in the All A. Two of those District titles came while they were in the 33rd with the likes of Conner, Ryle, and Boone County. Also last year, they had 4 wins going into the post season, and still made the regional tournament. Year in and year out, Faust gets the most out of not the best talent. I personally think the guy is the best coach an NKY. The guy can make adjustments that makes coaches scratch their heads. Also, I'm not sure how you are using the term "several" , but back in 2003, Faust led St. Henry to the regional title while only being the 3 seed in the 33rd District. Down at Rupp that year gave eventual champ Mason County a heck of a game only losing by 2 points.

How many district and regional championships do each of these coaches have throughout their entire career, and how many years has each one coached. Wins are nice but championships are a better measuring stick.

Not knocking Faust but seriously, what has his teams done in the last several years to have him ranked in the top 5?

 

Oh boy. You've done it now madman. I was involved in a big debate on here about Faust last year. I was on your side saying Faust is over rated. I still am. I don't put him in the top 5. But I do think he deserves top 10. I just don't get how some people think he is in the top 2 or 3.

Got to consider Booher here, second year in a row they are going to be number one seed in the 35th. Lasy year he was able to knock off the regional champion in the regular season. Just this past week he beat Cov Cath and Holy Cross in about 48 hours, and what he was able to do at Shelby Valley speaks for itself. I realize Holmes is usually a strong program, but it's not like Ricardo, Elijah and that group still out there. The man is doing a great job, at a place where its not always easy to coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.