Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rank the Coaches - NKY Edition

Featured Replies

I'd really like to see what everyone's opinions are. Rank the NKY coaches...Let's say, Top 10 if you can, if not Top 5. No 1's and 2's please, that should exclude most of the homers...

 

I will post mine shortly...

  • Replies 92
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:popcorn:

 

Can't wait to see how this goes.............

I'm not sure how you would rank a coach so I'll pass.

 

However, I have seen some good young coaches that will get varsity jobs in the near future.

 

Dixie has two in Roddy and McFarland.

CCH's Otte.

Cooper's JV coach whose name escapes me.

I'm not sure how you would rank a coach so I'll pass.

 

However, I have seen some good young coaches that will get varsity jobs in the near future.

 

Dixie has two in Roddy and McFarland.

CCH's Otte.

Cooper's JV coach whose name escapes me.

 

What makes those young coaches good and likely to have varsity jobs soon?

What makes those young coaches good and likely to have varsity jobs soon?

 

Hard to put into words. You have to be around them and watch them and how they work with the players.

Hard to put into words. You have to be around them and watch them and how they work with the players.

 

I hear you. You can often watch a coach in one game and know if they are good or not. Ruthsatz, after seeing him and his team in one game I knew he was top shelf.

Isn't Cooper's JV head man, Brett Blevins? Good coaching at Cooper.

 

I'm not sure how you would rank a coach so I'll pass.

 

However, I have seen some good young coaches that will get varsity jobs in the near future.

 

Dixie has two in Roddy and McFarland.

CCH's Otte.

Cooper's JV coach whose name escapes me.

Im not sure about the top 10, but Goetz has done a nice job with H.C. so far this season. Nice roster and getting good work from his team. Brossart head man (Code?), doing a nice job.

Isn't Cooper's JV head man, Brett Blevins? Good coaching at Cooper.

 

Yes. Thank you.

Im not sure about the top 10, but Goetz has done a nice job with H.C. so far this season. Nice roster and getting good work from his team. Brossart head man (Code?), doing a nice job.

 

Goetz will be one whose stock has gone up tremendously this year versus last year.

Does NKY mean Boone, Kenton, and Campbell County schools?

 

Can The Guru put a by-law in to the website that defines NKY as Boone, Kenton, and Campbell counties, so that we don't have to revisit this every time someone posts "NKY?"

Can The Guru put a by-law in to the website that defines NKY as Boone, Kenton, and Campbell counties, so that we don't have to revisit this every time someone posts "NKY?"
Then you folks will miss out on some pretty good basketball.
Goetz will be one whose stock has gone up tremendously this year versus last year.

 

The addition of a 6'8" transfer who is potentially the best player in NKY certainly helped his case. I will say though that he seems to have done a great job in managing the team with the distractions that certainly came with the loss of Jalen Avery.

 

I also think that Brannen from NC does a great job. On several occasions this year when his team was getting beat handily in the first half, he made the appropriate adjustments to get them back in the game.

The addition of a 6'8" transfer who is potentially the best player in NKY certainly helped his case. I will say though that he seems to have done a great job in managing the team with the distractions that certainly came with the loss of Jalen Avery.

 

I also think that Brannen from NC does a great job. On several occasions this year when his team was getting beat handily in the first half, he made the appropriate adjustments to get them back in the game.

 

 

No doubt. Goetz was interviewing with an Ohio school last year looking to get out but with Campbell/Pouncy joining the squad Im sure he may be around for a couple more years until he might start looking to move up again.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.