Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino plans to quit in 2017

Featured Replies

  • Replies 30
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I will go on and get the statement out of the way that will irk UK fans...

Louisville's Athletic Association granted Pitino, the only men's coach to lead three different programs to the Final Four, a four-year contract extension in August.

I would think by announcing this that it would be tough to get top recruits in the last couple of years before he is done.

Not big news IMO. Nobody will be here anyway if the Mayans are right.

I would think by announcing this that it would be tough to get top recruits in the last couple of years before he is done.

 

Big recruits are staying for one year anyway.

 

Also, "quit" is an awfully strong word for someone that is going to finish out his contract. Just sayin.

I will go on and get the statement out of the way that will irk UK fans...

Louisville's Athletic Association granted Pitino, the only men's coach to lead three different programs to the Final Four, a four-year contract extension in August.

 

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

I love when the UK/UL rivalry is played out through press releases from the school's media mouthpieces. Awesome.

Louisville's Athletic Association granted Pitino, the only men's coach to lead three different programs to the Final Four, a four-year contract extension in August.

 

:lol:

What does it say about Rick P that he announces he is retiring 6 years from now?

What does it say about Rick P that he announces he is retiring 6 years from now?

 

To me, it says he's decided that at age 65, he's done. :D

To me, it says he's decided that at age 65, he's done. :D

 

I teed that up well.

 

Seriously, what college coach announces he's retiring in six years?

"One thing I've learned to do with my age, I really don't look ahead," said Pitino, who went 219-50 in eight seasons at Kentucky and won the 1996 national championship. "For years, I've been preaching the precious present and having to always subscribe to it."

 

But he wants to make sure we all know he is retiring in 6 years? :lol:

I teed that up well.

 

Seriously, what college coach announces he's retiring in six years?

 

None that I can think of, but whoever replaces him had better not get too comfortable because NBC's probably going to just bring him back if the ratings are low...

"One thing I've learned to do with my age, I really don't look ahead," said Pitino, who went 219-50 in eight seasons at Kentucky and won the 1996 national championship. "For years, I've been preaching the precious present and having to always subscribe to it."

 

But he wants to make sure we all know he is retiring in 6 years? :lol:

 

I don't find that any different than others "of a certain age" who are nearing retirement. And honestly, I don't see 6 years as that long away. And making it definite definitely is a boon for the program, as it allows the grooming/acquisition/transition of a new coach.

 

I like it. I think it's the perfect way to go.

None that I can think of, but whoever replaces him had better not get too comfortable because NBC's probably going to just bring him back if the ratings are low...

 

:notworthy:

Has been been Richard named the "Coach in Waiting"? I'm sure Pitino will try and set that up. UL will make big mistake if they let that happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.