Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rank the State Final Teams

Featured Replies

1. Trinity- No one comes remotely close

 

 

 

 

2. Bowling Green- I was firmly in the Highlands contingent, but I now think I would give the slightest of edges to BG.

3. Highlands- See above. I honestly think you can call it a tie..but I have to make a choice.

 

 

4. Scott County- Very good team who got embarrassed by a machine.

5. Central- With Wales they are a Top 10 team in the State, without them they are probably still Top 15 with their great defense and playmakers.

6. Franklin-Simpson- Scoreboard shows domination, but FS had a good team who moved the ball well at times on an outstanding Bird team.

7. Belfry- Pirates showed they were legit in the best game of the weekend.

 

8. Anderson County- Completely overmatched, their depth would give them an edge on the rest of the bottom tier.

9. Cov. Holy Cross- Dominating champions of a very weak 2A.

10. Hazard- Impressive win, but no0t enough depth for the bigger schools.

11. Mayfield- Even with Jackson's injury, hard to justify a higher ranking with what Hazard did to them. Just didn't look good at all.

 

12. Glasgow- Congrats on reaching Bowling Green.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Trinity- No one comes remotely close

 

 

 

 

2. Bowling Green- I was firmly in the Highlands contingent, but I now think I would give the slightest of edges to BG.

3. Highlands- See above. I honestly think you can call it a tie..but I have to make a choice.

 

 

4. Scott County- Very good team who got embarrassed by a machine.

5. Central- With Wales they are a Top 10 team in the State, without them they are probably still Top 15 with their great defense and playmakers.

6. Franklin-Simpson- Scoreboard shows domination, but FS had a good team who moved the ball well at times on an outstanding Bird team.

7. Belfry- Pirates showed they were legit in the best game of the weekend.

 

8. Anderson County- Completely overmatched, their depth would give them an edge on the rest of the bottom tier.

9. Cov. Holy Cross- Dominating champions of a very weak 2A.

10. Hazard- Impressive win, but no0t enough depth for the bigger schools.

11. Mayfield- Even with Jackson's injury, hard to justify a higher ranking with what Hazard did to them. Just didn't look good at all.

 

12. Glasgow- Congrats on reaching Bowling Green.

I agree for the most part....you could put BG and Highlands 2a 2b..I would put Holy Cross ahead of Anderson County

1. Trinity

2. Bowling Green

3. Highlands

4. Scott County

5. Central

6. Belfry

7. Franklin-Simpson

8. Anderson County

9. Cov Holy Cross

10. Hazard

11. Mayfield

12. Glasgow

I am on board 100% with #s 1-5. Scott Co. could give HHS or BG a very good game. And Central could have beaten X in the same manner BG did, so they are right there also.

I agree for the most part....you could put BG and Highlands 2a 2b..I would put Holy Cross ahead of Anderson County

 

I completely agree.

Equal spacing between these three:

1. Trinity

 

2. Highlands

 

3. Bowling Green

 

The rest, another step below:

4. Franklin-Simpson

5. Central

6. Belfry

7. Scott County

8. Cov Holy Cross

9. Anderson County

10. Hazard

11. Mayfield

12. Glasgow

1. Trinity

2a. Bowling Green

2b. Highlands

3. Scott County

4. Franklin-Simpson

5. Central

6. Belfry

7. Covington Holy Cross

8. Anderson County

9. Hazard

10. Mayfield

11. Glasgow

I would say like this:

 

1. Trinity

2. Bowling Green

3. Highlands

4. Scott County

5. Central (with Wales)

6. Covington Holy Cross

7. Franklin-Simpson

8. Belfry

9. Anderson County

10. Glasgow - lines are too big not to be able to beat the two A teams

11. Hazard

12. Mayfield

Let me say there's a monster gap between my No. 1 and 2

 

And, I for one, believe there's a nice little gap between 2 and 3. Just my opinion

For the most part I could agree. But I would have to put Newport CentralCath right behind Holy Cross. They would beat any team that HC beat as well.

I also think that with the heart that HC has as a team, if the coach's had a week to prepare them. HC would be #1 beating Trintiy by a land slide. LOL just kiding but for this year, at this point you can not prove me wrong eighther so I am going to ride this thougjt right inti next year. We all should

1. Trinity

2. Bowling Green

3. Highlands

4. Scott County

5. Central

6. Belfry

7. Franklin-Simpson

8. Anderson County

9. Cov Holy Cross

10. Hazard

11. Mayfield

12. Glasgow

 

This looks about right.

For the most part I could agree. But I would have to put Newport CentralCath right behind Holy Cross. They would beat any team that HC beat as well.

I also think that with the heart that HC has as a team, if the coach's had a week to prepare them. HC would be #1 beating Trintiy by a land slide. LOL just kiding but for this year, at this point you can not prove me wrong eighther so I am going to ride this thougjt right inti next year. We all should

 

There's 1 issue with this: The thread is Rank the State Final Teams. You include NCC, then you have to put in Beechwood, St. X, Cov Cath and others. Then things get messy.

There's 1 issue with this: The thread is Rank the State Final Teams. You include NCC, then you have to put in Beechwood, St. X, Cov Cath and others. Then things get messy.

 

 

 

Yep.

I am on board 100% with #s 1-5. Scott Co. could give HHS or BG a very good game. And Central could have beaten X in the same manner BG did, so they are right there also.

 

I honestly think SC versus X would have been a fun game to watch. Scott's offense was much better than X's in my mind.

Let me say there's a monster gap between my No. 1 and 2

 

And, I for one, believe there's a nice little gap between 2 and 3. Just my opinion

Yes, there is as much gap between #1 Trinity an #2 HHS as there is between #2 and #3 (BG).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.