Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rank the State Final Teams

Featured Replies

It's great that they had heart. That's an intangible that can't be taught. However, I can promise you, the Purples don't have a corner on that market.

 

And as for "broken records," I don't think that's an area you want to try to match up; because, as can be witnessed here on BGP, we are the top of the heap when it comes to "broken records." [ATTACH=CONFIG]35045[/ATTACH]

Wow....No one said anything about H.....PH only said, and I quote "The Purples also tied Breathitt County's 2002 record win margin of 52 points and held a team that averaged over 500 yards of total offense per game through 14 games to not much more than 100 yards. The Purples scored 738 points this year, but had only one player to score over 100 points on the season."

I think what PH was saying....and what I was going to post, was that we are proud to say that we TIED a record for largest win margin in title game play. And we broke a school record for most pts in a season....yet, only one player had over 100 pts.

LOL....don't you start sounding like a "broken record"........PH and the rest of the fans, have a right to be proud of their guys just like H does.......

I really hate that we could not play each other this year......what a time for H to drop to 4A!!!! I think that would have been the game that everyone would have wanted to go to....best game in the state!!!

  • Replies 76
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow....No one said anything about H.....PH only said, and I quote "The Purples also tied Breathitt County's 2002 record win margin of 52 points and held a team that averaged over 500 yards of total offense per game through 14 games to not much more than 100 yards. The Purples scored 738 points this year, but had only one player to score over 100 points on the season."

I think what PH was saying....and what I was going to post, was that we are proud to say that we TIED a record for largest win margin in title game play. And we broke a school record for most pts in a season....yet, only one player had over 100 pts.

LOL....don't you start sounding like a "broken record"........PH and the rest of the fans, have a right to be proud of their guys just like H does.......

I really hate that we could not play each other this year......what a time for H to drop to 4A!!!! I think that would have been the game that everyone would have wanted to go to....best game in the state!!!

I think you might have missed the double meaning on the last part of my post. :cool:
I think you might have missed the double meaning on the last part of my post. :cool:

 

 

Well, BF, I guess that is why you are soooo loved....you make me think....I don't like to use the grey matter that much, just ask PH!!!

:lol::jump:

 

Anyway, I get it now!!!! :ohbrother::cool:

1. Trinity

2. Bowling Green

3. Highlands

4. Franklin-Simpson

5. Central

6. Belfry

7. Scott County

8. Cov Holy Cross

9. Anderson County

10. Hazard

11. Mayfield

12. Glasgow

 

I think T does not need explaining!!! WTG T!!!

I picked BGHS as number 2 because no one on this list, other than T, could have beaten us. I even had no less than 60 Highlands fans tell us they were very happy they did not have to play us Sat. night. They stayed and watched BGHS play the last game and the H fans were shocked!!! PH and I were sooooo proud of those H fans that can actually admit that BG could have.....I DID NOT SAY WOULD HAVE......beat them!!!! It was really nice to talk to those H fans.....It was a breath of fresh air not worry if I was going to make someone upset by believing in our guys......H is good, but, this year I really think the score would have been close with BG taking the game. That is why I picked BG as 2 and H as 3.......

 

I am also very proud of Big Blue for giving H a great game.....I was really pulling for these guys. What an upset if they had pulled it off!!!! WOW!! But, they did not. A better H team did.....Big Blue has nothing to hang their head over!

 

 

Bowling Green had more heart than anyone this year....PH and I were VERY fortunate to see different teams play.....and I really did not see the pride or heart that these guys had!!!

 

Well of course they were happy they didn't have to play BG Saturday night. Being a little tired from the FS game would have kept it close though.

 

The bolded I will take issue with, as I'm sure many other teams would also.

It lets the BW fans feel good about a season where they didn't beat the teams they had to beat. But I guess you have to go thru the off season thinking something so it might as well be coulda woulda shoulda.

 

Congrats on Holy Cross winning state it is a great accomplishement and also great to see one brought back to NKY. However no need to diss Beechwood. The majority of Beechwood fans were rooting for you guys. They respect you and you should have a mutual respect considering they have 11 titles and Holy Cross has never beaten them. Again congrats and best of luck going for number 2 next season.

First I'll say this. I have mad Respect for the Birds & I also root for them. I've also gone on record saying that I Believe they are a National power but come on man, I was at the Highlands Trinity game. Highlands played the best kids they had on both sides of the ball to win, they simply were over matched by the Rocks. I paid close attention to subbing I even have the game on film. So please don't say Highlands subbed much more liberally on D or any other spot than Trinity.

 

No reason to continue threadjacking, please check out the PM I just sent to you.

Well of course they were happy they didn't have to play BG Saturday night. Being a little tired from the FS game would have kept it close though.

 

The bolded I will take issue with, as I'm sure many other teams would also.

 

Whatever.....I just wish H did not drop down....I don't know who would have won, as I am sure you don't either, however, like I said it would have been the game to watch....I do think BG could have pulled it off though......

Whatever.....I just wish H did not drop down....I don't know who would have won, as I am sure you don't either, however, like I said it would have been the game to watch....I do think BG could have pulled it off though......

 

We hear that a lot, always the year AFTER we drop down or move up. :cool:

 

I agree it would have been a heck of a game to watch, which is what the finals could really use. Too many blow outs this past weekend.

Wow, some post are getting really crazy on here. I have to question some of these posts and beliefs. But whatever, to each his/her own.

We hear that a lot, always the year AFTER we drop down or move up. :cool:

 

I agree it would have been a heck of a game to watch, which is what the finals could really use. Too many blow outs this past weekend.

 

We never did want you all to drop....I don't who makes that decision....however, I also don't understand why the decision was made....you all did just fine in 5A. PH and I were sad to hear you all did drop.

We never did want you all to drop....I don't who makes that decision....however, I also don't understand why the decision was made....you all did just fine in 5A. PH and I were sad to hear you all did drop.

 

KHSAA makes the decisions. Apparently with the changes in enrollment up in NKY there were enough teams close by with 4A enrollments that HHS and CCH could be slotted with to form a district. Made for some real lopsided games within the district. I don't know of anyone who liked the move although HHS fans are always glad to be kept with CCH.

Congrats on Holy Cross winning state it is a great accomplishement and also great to see one brought back to NKY. However no need to diss Beechwood. The majority of Beechwood fans were rooting for you guys. They respect you and you should have a mutual respect considering they have 11 titles and Holy Cross has never beaten them. Again congrats and best of luck going for number 2 next season.

You are correct. My appologies, no need to diss a fan base because of a few, again my appologies.

Both Highlands and BGreen could make a good case for #2. Personally, I feel the Purples have played a little stronger schedule and have been a little more impressive overall. I guess if we were counting past history and recent accomplishments, it'd be the Bluebirds in a landslide, but, being fair here, and throwing out anything thats happened in 2010, 2009, 2008, etc, etc, etc, and just basing results off this particular year, I think BGreen gets the nod. I know that doesn't set well with the Highlands fans and they'll throw out the highest scoring team, look what we did in 2007 against them, when was the last time a WKy team, etc, etc, but, none of that is even remotely relevent to the 2011 season. When you compare scores of teams who've played both or teams that have played teams thats played both and I think BG comes out ahead on about every count. That doesn't mean that Highlands couldnt beat them, because they could and I'm sure both fan bases believe they could beat the other and it's all hypothetical anyway, but, I see most unbiased computer based polls, which are actually pretty accurate at seasons end, having BGreen as the #2 team. When you start throwing the human element in there and then geography comes into place(more voters) , then it could get skewed..

You'd have to put HC below Hazard and Mayfield since they lost to BW by 43 and Mayfield beat BW. Think 3 teams in 1A would have won 2A if they were in it.

 

If you really believe that Holy Cross finished their season playing the same way they played Beechwood earlier on, you're far off. An 8-2 record isn't bad by any means for a regular season schedule, but they looked like a completely different team once the playoffs started. This was one of the most impressive turnarounds I have seen by a team during the same year.

I completely agree. If you have watched any football throughout this entire year, HC was playing far better at the end of the year than they were during the beginning and especially the BW game. As I mentioned previously, BW exposed their weaknesses and the HC coaching staff did a great job fixing their problems to get HOT at the end of the year. This is why you schedule good teams out of your district in the regular season to get you ready for a playoff run. That game would be much different if played at the end of the year. NCC kicked HC's butt in the first game and HC outplayed them in the second game. Hightchew went down against BW and that was a very close game at that point in the second half. Hightchew played the entire game against HC in the playoffs and HC won. There is no reason to think that HC wouldn't play much better against BW if there were a rematch based on this evidence.

If you really believe that Holy Cross finished their season playing the same way they played Beechwood earlier on, you're far off. An 8-2 record isn't bad by any means for a regular season schedule, but they looked like a completely different team once the playoffs started. This was one of the most impressive turnarounds I have seen by a team during the same year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.