Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross vs. Somerset Predictions

Who will win? 94 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Does Garrard County's 0-10 lifetime record against Somerset have something to do with it?
A Garrard Co. Fan wanting Somerset to get Beat. Don't figure, Golden Lions have got a butt kicking comeing in the Name of Belfry. Better get reald . Go Jumpers!!!!!! :banana::banana:
  • Replies 78
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Tevin will be lined up against Holy Cross's smallest but most athletic lineman, 6'3" about 220. Trey gets to play with the largets and still vey athletic lineman, say 6' 1or2 about 250. I think these two will do very well against them. Holy Cross's offensive line played a spectacular game against NCC. Compared to the first meeting with them I would have to say they were the most improved area on the team. The entire team had improvements but I think the o line has not gotten the credit it deserved.

 

I thought NCC's defensive line was the best defensive line I saw all year. So if HC's O line kept them in check that is saying something.

I thought NCC's defensive line was the best defensive line I saw all year. So if HC's O line kept them in check that is saying something.

Yes they did a great job.

Yes they did a great job.

The games I have watched this year I thought their play is the key to winning. Yes, speed is a great assest for them but I think that their line play is main reason for success.

The games I have watched this year I thought their play is the key to winning. Yes, speed is a great assest for them but I think that their line play is main reason for success.

Should be a good line next year as well. We have 1 sr, 3 jr, and I soph. So 4 of the 5 will return.

I think without a doubt this is the best defense of the 3 teams. They have only allowed 11 more points than last year's team against a much, much better schedule.
I don't know how you can compare these teams to one another, last years starters were lucky to play a full half. Most of the games resulted in the JV and freshmen teams taking over in the 3rd quarter. It's probably safe to say that every record would have falling if the starters had played.
I don't know how you can compare these teams to one another, last years starters were lucky to play a full half. Most of the games resulted in the JV and freshmen teams taking over in the 3rd quarter. It's probably safe to say that every record would have falling if the starters had played.

 

It isn't just about numbers. First off, the Slaughter brothers are the dominant players on both defenses. They are a year older and stronger this season. Also, Bridge Smith in the middle is bigger and stronger than Clayton Stringer from last season. That makes this team better up front. Last year's secondary was much more experienced but a lot of that is offset by Storm Wilson playing defense this year. The linebackers this season are more physical and just as athletic as last year's unit. In the case of Lange and Manning also a year older.

 

I don't there is any doubt that last year's team was better offensively but this is a better defense.

As a NewCath supporter I have to say go HC. I'll be in the beer garden rooting you guys on. I always pull for NKY teams in the playoffs, kind of like SEC guy. No offense to Somerset, they were great hosts the last time NewCath was down south.

What BGP'ers are going to the Somerset / Holy Cross Game?

Looking at mapquest map, I can't really tell where parking area is. Do you pull in at the school or over behind the tennis courts, or somewhere else?

Looking at mapquest map, I can't really tell where parking area is. Do you pull in at the school or over behind the tennis courts, or somewhere else?

 

You can park under the expressway next to the school. That is where most of the parking is..

What BGP'ers are going to the Somerset / Holy Cross Game?

 

I'll be there.

What BGP'ers are going to the Somerset / Holy Cross Game?

I will be there working the chains. Best seat in the house.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.