Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross vs. Somerset Predictions

Who will win? 94 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Highlands DCM will be available Friday nite. I am sure a certain former Bengal would help out another former Bengal.

 

No better venue in the State then DCM on a Friday nite, jmo. It just seems to bring out the best in every team that plays there. :thumb:

  • Replies 78
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to the Cross! Should be a great game. HC by 13. They are athletic!

For reasons I won't go into here, Go Holy Cross or, for that matter, any team that plays the Jumpers!

For reasons I won't go into here, Go Holy Cross or, for that matter, any team that plays the Jumpers!

 

Does Garrard County's 0-10 lifetime record against Somerset have something to do with it?

Does Garrard County's 0-10 lifetime record against Somerset have something to do with it?

 

That is a factor, but not THE reason.

Gotta pull for the team from the other, other side of the river. Good luck Indians. 2 more wins.

HC will not loose! They looked very good Friday. Made several mistakes and still beat a Very good team! HC should have won by 2+ scores.

For reasons I won't go into here, Go Holy Cross or, for that matter, any team that plays the Jumpers!

 

Does Garrard County's 0-10 lifetime record against Somerset have something to do with it?

 

That is a factor, but not THE reason.

Does my post in the Garrard / Belfry thread have anything to do with it? If so sorry.

As a resident of northern Kentucky, I am going to go against the crowd and go with Somerset on this one. Somerset is a dedicated team that finds ways to win. Head Coach Robbie Lucas is an extremely humble man who knows how to get the most out of his players. Somerset has been so close to a state title, but fate has had other plans. I think the third time will truly be a charm, and the Jumpers will prevail, not only in this game, but in the championship game as well. Holy Cross will be tough, especially coming off such a program-defining win against New Cath, but I think the Jumpers come in motivated, focused, and on a mission to get back to Bowling Green to avenge the disappointment of the past two seasons. Alex Lange and Storm Wilson have big games combined with the might of the Slaughter brothers on defense to give the Jumpers the edge. Good luck to whomever on Holy Cross has the job of blocking Tevin or Trey Slaughter. My prediction: Somerset-23 Holy Cross-10. Good luck to both teams, and safe travels to all who are coming out. Should be a dynamic and fun atmosphere.

As a resident of northern Kentucky, I am going to go against the crowd and go with Somerset on this one. Somerset is a dedicated team that finds ways to win. Head Coach Robbie Lucas is an extremely humble man who knows how to get the most out of his players. Somerset has been so close to a state title, but fate has had other plans. I think the third time will truly be a charm, and the Jumpers will prevail, not only in this game, but in the championship game as well. Holy Cross will be tough, especially coming off such a program-defining win against New Cath, but I think the Jumpers come in motivated, focused, and on a mission to get back to Bowling Green to avenge the disappointment of the past two seasons. Alex Lange and Storm Wilson have big games combined with the might of the Slaughter brothers on defense to give the Jumpers the edge. Good luck to whomever on Holy Cross has the job of blocking Tevin or Trey Slaughter. My prediction: Somerset-23 Holy Cross-10. Good luck to both teams, and safe travels to all who are coming out. Should be a dynamic and fun atmosphere.
To be from NKY to sure have a pretty good knowledge of Somerset Football, are by chance originally from So. KY?

Actually, I'm not. Born and raised in NKY my whole life...I just do my homework when it comes to predicting.

As a resident of northern Kentucky, I am going to go against the crowd and go with Somerset on this one. Somerset is a dedicated team that finds ways to win. Head Coach Robbie Lucas is an extremely humble man who knows how to get the most out of his players. Somerset has been so close to a state title, but fate has had other plans. I think the third time will truly be a charm, and the Jumpers will prevail, not only in this game, but in the championship game as well. Holy Cross will be tough, especially coming off such a program-defining win against New Cath, but I think the Jumpers come in motivated, focused, and on a mission to get back to Bowling Green to avenge the disappointment of the past two seasons. Alex Lange and Storm Wilson have big games combined with the might of the Slaughter brothers on defense to give the Jumpers the edge. Good luck to whomever on Holy Cross has the job of blocking Tevin or Trey Slaughter. My prediction: Somerset-23 Holy Cross-10. Good luck to both teams, and safe travels to all who are coming out. Should be a dynamic and fun atmosphere.

 

Looks like Tevin will be lined up against Holy Cross's smallest but most athletic lineman, 6'3" about 220. Trey gets to play with the largets and still vey athletic lineman, say 6' 1or2 about 250. I think these two will do very well against them. Holy Cross's offensive line played a spectacular game against NCC. Compared to the first meeting with them I would have to say they were the most improved area on the team. The entire team had improvements but I think the o line has not gotten the credit it deserved.

Looks like Tevin will be lined up against Holy Cross's smallest but most athletic lineman, 6'3" about 220. Trey gets to play with the largets and still vey athletic lineman, say 6' 1or2 about 250. I think these two will do very well against them. Holy Cross's offensive line played a spectacular game against NCC. Compared to the first meeting with them I would have to say they were the most improved area on the team. The entire team had improvements but I think the o line has not gotten the credit it deserved.

 

The OL played much better last week than they did their first game against New Cath; big improvement.

Does my post in the Garrard / Belfry thread have anything to do with it? If so sorry.

 

You nailed it, "Dad"

Holy Cross 28-24. Can't wait to watch this game.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.