Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross vs. Somerset Predictions

Who will win? 94 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

It is NOT being played at Holmes! As of now it's either Newport or Scott still trying to figure out with one

  • Replies 78
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sounding like it will be played at Newport. I think this is going to be a great venue for Holy Cross. They just finished a hard fought game with NCC creating the schools best football memory at this field. Plus the location will add a lot of NCC fans that will be cheering on our Indians. The indians fans had the kids pumped up last week and I know they and the added NCC support will push these kids over the top in this one. I hope the jupers can bring some support for themselves because this one is going to get loud.

The game is being played at Newport. 100% sure just heard it from the Big guy himself.

Jumpers in the past have been a heavy passing team, but this year they are more run than in the past. No Superstar runner, just a lot of kids getting carries and doing whatever it takes. On D Jumpers have fairly good speed, they held Hazard (0), Glasgow (14) and Breathitt (20) to their lost point totals during the Regular season. Unfortunately Somerset was trying to find their idenity on Offense during that run of games and lost two of them.

 

Overall this is a pretty balanced team on both sides of the ball, not flashy at all. They just figure out how to get it done.

Jumper Dad, how does this team compare with the previous two years teams? The state semi final and state final teams.

This team is probably overall more athletic on D, but not quite as good on O as the last two teams. We've been blessed with three straight really strong Sr. classes. Biggest difference is that this is the first year Coach Lucas has got to make the schedule, team played Glasgow, @Hazard, @Breathitt, @Perry Central and @Whitley. The tougher schedule has done a lot to prepare this team for the end of the season. I wish the last two teams could have been tested like this during the season.

This team is probably overall more athletic on D, but not quite as good on O as the last two teams. We've been blessed with three straight really strong Sr. classes. Biggest difference is that this is the first year Coach Lucas has got to make the schedule, team played Glasgow, @Hazard, @Breathitt, @Perry Central and @Whitley. The tougher schedule has done a lot to prepare this team for the end of the season. I wish the last two teams could have been tested like this during the season.

 

I think without a doubt this is the best defense of the 3 teams. They have only allowed 11 more points than last year's team against a much, much better schedule.

Somerset has a very good team. Solid at all positions and will get after you. Some really big, strong kids. I think HC might be a little faster than Somerset. Should be a really great game once again this week.

What is the address for Newport's stadium? I have been there before but it was back in 1983 to watch Somerset-Newport Catholic in the semi-finals and I was in 8th grade.

I think without a doubt this is the best defense of the 3 teams. They have only allowed 11 more points than last year's team against a much, much better schedule.
I agree
I agree

I really enjoyed the last two teams but have not seen this one play yet. If they are stronger on D then those two teams that is saying something. I have seen Holy Cross many times this year and they are a very good football team. I don't think I would put them up with the P.T in 2009 or the Belfry team of 2010 that both beat the Jumpers.

I really enjoyed the last two teams but have not seen this one play yet. If they are stronger on D then those two teams that is saying something. I have seen Holy Cross many times this year and they are a very good football team. I don't think I would put them up with the P.T in 2009 or the Belfry team of 2010 that both beat the Jumpers.

Hc actually played Belfry in 2010 in the Pikeville bowl and they also lost in a close game.

What is the address for Newport's stadium? I have been there before but it was back in 1983 to watch Somerset-Newport Catholic in the semi-finals and I was in 8th grade.

 

here is a map link to their field. maybe it will help

 

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=qhg2627ysvjy&lvl=18&dir=0&sty=b&ss=yp.newport%20high%20school~pg.1~rad.0,185139814881931&form=LMLTCC

 

Put a pushpin out near 6th street and wildcat drive and then get directions. That is where you enter from.

Hc actually played Belfry in 2010 in the Pikeville bowl and they also lost in a close game.

Sounds like this one will be a close one too. It's too close for me to call.

It is sounding like it will be played at Newport. I think this is going to be a great venue for Holy Cross. They just finished a hard fought game with NCC creating the schools best football memory at this field. Plus the location will add a lot of NCC fans that will be cheering on our Indians. The indians fans had the kids pumped up last week and I know they and the added NCC support will push these kids over the top in this one. I hope the jupers can bring some support for themselves because this one is going to get loud.

I agree, looking forward to Friday! This NCC fan will be there.

Covington Holy Cross Indians

First Round: def. Carroll County 68-0

Second Round: def. Owen County 45-0

Regional Final: def. Newport Central Catholic 24-21

All-Time Semi-State Record: 0-0

 

Somerset Briar Jumpers

First Round: def. Betsy Layne 47-6

Second Round: def. Danville 34-23

Regional Final: def. Lexington Christian 55-14

All-Time Semi-State Record: 5-9

 

Past Playoff Meetings

None

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.