Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield vs. Beechwood Predictions

Who wins? 137 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Please post your predictions here.

  • Replies 247
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 to 5 hrs, it is a long ways

How far of a drive to Mayfield from NKY?

 

Mapquest has it at 5 hours, 320 miles from Ft. Mitchell to Mayfield. Beechwood will probably do a fan bus like they did the last time. I think it will cost $40-50 for the ride down and back.

Not going to pick a score, I don't do that when I have a son playing. I think this game is going to be a classic and be very hard hitting. These two teams respect each other and it will be a clean played game. Good luck to both teams and I hope all come out healthy.

 

If Mayfield can establish the run then our chances will be better and it will open up the passing game. If Beechwood can't pass then it will be a long night for them IMO. Really don't think Vocke will be a big factor in this game.

Not going to pick a score, I don't do that when I have a son playing. I think this game is going to be a classic and be very hard hitting. These two teams respect each other and it will be a clean played game. Good luck to both teams and I hope all come out healthy.

 

If Mayfield can establish the run then our chances will be better and it will open up the passing game. If Beechwood can't pass then it will be a long night for them IMO. Really don't think Vocke will be a big factor in this game.

 

I can respect that...trust me I would not be shocked if Mayfield wins...it is a coin toss to me....two GREAT programs...should be a great game...best wishes..

I can respect that...trust me I would not be shocked if Mayfield wins...it is a coin toss to me....two GREAT programs...should be a great game...best wishes..

 

Same with Mayfield, if we can't establish the run then it might be a long night for us.

Watch out for the deer on the drive down

 

Good point. My two closest encounters with deer on a highway both happened on the Western Ky. Parkway.

Good luck to both teams. I think this one will be the closest meeting between the two and that whoever is the most one-dimensional or has the most turnovers loses. I don't see the winner by more than ten points. I know that Mayfield is tough as nails on defense, nearly as always, but I think that Beechwood has the depth to do it and their chances are better than any this season, which is why I am going with them. Again, good luck to both; should be a dogfight.

 

On another note, I think that Beechwood will need to clean up on the penalties that they had against Frankfort too.

What a game this should be. I think Mayfield will win due to their balanced offense and a suffocating defense. From what I have heard BW probably has more speed than anyone we have played since Murray or Paducah Tilghman and we handled those two teams fairly well. I do not think any 1-A team can beat Mayfield simply by running the ball, so I think the game might be decided on whether or not BW can balance their attack. If they can, then it will be hard to beat them because I have seen Vocke and he will be the best back we have faced all year and looks like the nussbaum ( I think that is his name) kid is a load to handle as well. If you can come to Mayfied and beat this team on their turf, my hats off to you. Winner of this game will win it all.

What a game this should be. I think Mayfield will win due to their balanced offense and a suffocating defense. From what I have heard BW probably has more speed than anyone we have played since Murray or Paducah Tilghman and we handled those two teams fairly well. I do not think any 1-A team can beat Mayfield simply by running the ball, so I think the game might be decided on whether or not BW can balance their attack. If they can, then it will be hard to beat them because I have seen Vocke and he will be the best back we have faced all year and looks like the nussbaum ( I think that is his name) kid is a load to handle as well. If you can come to Mayfied and beat this team on their turf, my hats off to you. Winner of this game will win it all.

 

Good posts, I agree with your points. I really like the mystery this game brings that others to date could not. Neither team has played any common opponets and fans have not seen the other play. All this combines to make it really almost impossible to know who is really the favorite if there is one at all. I suggested earlier that Rash should call up MY for help this week and that would add legendary star power to this game and that is about the only thing it is missing. Bw's Davis, who is back, prior to last week had thrown for about a 1,000 yards this season and was completing 51% of his passes per KHSAA stats. I find these stats encouraging. I will be shocked if Beechwood can run on us without establishing the pass and I just dont see any evidence that the Bw passing game is going to strike alot of fear into us. Now on the other hand the Cards offense is not quite as high octane as in the pasts so it might not score quite as nuch either but if you are a Cards fan you can't help but feel pretty good about this one. I was also encouraged by the Frankfort game, the Panthers gave Bw hell for a while

I agree, Rookie. If the Tigers come in and beat this team, that'll be a hell of an accomplishment and I'll tip my cap and give credit where credit is due. I honestly believe either of these teams would win 2a and quite possibly 3a this year.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.