Alex Poythress to announce Thursday

sackmaster

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several people now like Evan Daniels and Marc Maggard who had previously said that Memphis wasn't a player are now saying that they are in deep with Poythress. Granted I don't know the situation exactly but I had thought all along that Kentucky and Vanderbilt were the favorites but I could've been wrong...

Several people now like Evan Daniels and Marc Maggard who had previously said that Memphis wasn't a player are now saying that they are in deep with Poythress. Granted I don't know the situation exactly but I had thought all along that Kentucky and Vanderbilt were the favorites but I could've been wrong...

Memphis is offering his sister a volleyball scholarship to try and get him to come. UK and Vandy are not...

He has told his high school coach. Coach says he agrees with it and says the kid did his homework.

Some are saying Vandy is the leader.

I heard an interesting comment recently re: Vandy. Why would a player who has NBA aspirations and think they can be a one-and-done or a two-and-done subject themselves to Vandy's academics? Before we lose ourselves in the utopian world of academics let's remember the premise: kid's goal is to get to the NBA fast.

He has told his high school coach. Coach says he agrees with it and says the kid did his homework.

Some are saying Vandy is the leader.

I heard an interesting comment recently re: Vandy. Why would a player who has NBA aspirations and think they can be a one-and-done or a two-and-done subject themselves to Vandy's academics? Before we lose ourselves in the utopian world of academics let's remember the premise: kid's goal is to get to the NBA fast.

Agreed, if he really did his home work then one would think UK. In addition if he's in the NBA in 2-3 years he can more than afford to pay his sisters tuition to any school in the country...

I'm sure you're probably kidding, but I honestly know nothing about him. What can you tell me about the kid?

I don't know much. I know he is really good and he is the kid that Coach K offered a scholarship to when Coach K wasn't supposed to be talking to him after an AAU tourney. People made a small fuss about Coach K getting away with stuff from the NCAA after this happened. I am thinking he ends up at UK. The same thing I thought when Coach K offered him the scholarship.

I don't know much. I know he is really good and he is the kid that Coach K offered a scholarship to when Coach K wasn't supposed to be talking to him after an AAU tourney. People made a small fuss about Coach K getting away with stuff from the NCAA after this happened. I am thinking he ends up at UK. The same thing I thought when Coach K offered him the scholarship.

PG, PF, 2G, C??

Hope its Kentucky. I can see Cal plugging him right into that terrence jones role and I'm sure hes made Poythress aware of that. Couple months ago it was looking good for Kentucky I wouldn't see any reason why it still wouldn't be. Everything always gets more doubtful when it closes in on decision time and with visits and interest levels changing for Vandy and Memphis it's easy to get worried but unless the kids really wrapped up in wanting to stay close to home in Tennessee I think we see him suit up for Kentucky. He wants to go pro, he knows he has his best chance to do so at Kentucky. Good thing for Cal is he can just show him Terrence Jones videos and say do you want to be like that guy?