Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is #1 in Class A now?

Featured Replies

I know that the ratings are going to be done again soon and feel that either way they go it has to be even closer than what it has been for Beechwood and Mayfield. The only reason I ask is with how Beechwood just beat Dixie. I know that they lost to Cov Cath, but after seeing the Highlands/Cov Cath game, it appears that that there is not much separation between the 4A top teams as well, but with Highlands winning, it gives them more of a stance.

 

With consideration to what has taken place, I believe it is a 1A and 1B situation. Thoughts?

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the ratings are going to be done again soon and feel that either way they go it has to be even closer than what it has been for Beechwood and Mayfield. The only reason I ask is with how Beechwood just beat Dixie. I know that they lost to Cov Cath, but after seeing the Highlands/Cov Cath game, it appears that that there is not much separation between the 4A top teams as well, but with Highlands winning, it gives them more of a stance.

 

With consideration to what has taken place, I believe it is a 1A and 1B situation. Thoughts?

 

Mayfield is undefeated and won the state championship last year. They are and should remain #1. There is no question.

Mayfield is undefeated and won the state championship last year.
Which, in reality, has little to do with the question at hand ...
Which, in reality, has little to do with the question at hand ...

 

Really? A undefeated team should not be considered to be #1. Okay...... if you say so.:ohbrother:

Really? A undefeated team should not be considered to be #1. Okay...... if you say so.:ohbrother:
That isn't what I said ...

The Dixie game proved Beechwood is #1 and Mayfield will have to play it's best to beat them (if Mayfield makes it).

I think both Mayfield and Beechwood could care less about being number one. If they both take care of business then we shall see who is number one!

  • Author
I think both Mayfield and Beechwood could care less about being number one. If they both take care of business then we shall see who is number one!

 

I agree.

I think both Mayfield and Beechwood could care less about being number one. If they both take care of business then we shall see who is number one!
:thumb:

I agree with Just Win. I wouldn't care if Beechwood was 32nd right now. I just want to be playing that first week of December.

Last year has nothing to with this years rankings.

The simple fact is: in 2011, Beechwood is the team to beat in 1A. Mayfield has a great team and may very well beat Beechwood, but given what Beechwood returned and what they have accomplished this season, they are number 1 and Mayfield should be number 2.

 

And, if both school's fans would quit the sandbagging and bragging on the other team, I think they would both agree with that.

Honestly, from what I have seen of Dixie, Bwood should have won that game. DH may be one of the worst coached teams I've seen and outside of Pike, they don't have much. Bwood is a very good ball club and very well may be #1, but, beating Dixie sure isn't the reason.

Hey Ram

 

In 09 if you came on here the over whelming majority said Beechwood was the team to beat. BW was the defending 2 time champs and what they had coming back. Mayfield 38 Beechwood 0. Last year more of the same, if you came on here the vast majority of BGPers said when Mayfield came to Beechwood that the long drive and home field advantage Beechwood would take this game. Mayfield 38 Beechwood 14. Has Beechwood with what they have returning make up this difference?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.