October 3, 201214 yr Um, Kentucky fans + Recruiting news = Unrealistic Expectations. We want guys 1-12 all to commit to UK each year. With the lower ones accepting Walk-on roles.
October 3, 201214 yr GT, I think at one time you were really high on Young, how do you feel about him now? Still love his game. So versatile as a scorer...
October 3, 201214 yr GT referenced the Under Armor issue previously. Harrison's dad was quoted as saying that no college coaches can contact the boys directly. The only people allowed direct access are Under Armor reps. Two hall of fame coaches and a good coach can't contact his sons but a shoe salesman can. Interesting!
October 3, 201214 yr Two hall of fame coaches and a good coach can't contact his sons but a shoe salesman can. Interesting! Mr Harrison came out later and said both UK and MD coaches have their sons' numbers.
October 3, 201214 yr Mr Harrison came out later and said both UK and MD coaches have their sons' numbers. I'd hope he did correct it, you don't want to hang a red flag outside of your door. If they do come to UK it will be interesting to see if the fans forgive him or hold a grudge.
October 3, 201214 yr Is that really that big of a package deal? I mean they were going to be together no matter what...to me a package would be the Harrisons plus someone else. Or two other players that decide to come together, the twins were always going to be together so I don't look at them as a package deal like we normally talk about on here.Yea, they're different because they're the package deal that's actually a package...
October 3, 201214 yr I'd hope he did correct it, you don't want to hang a red flag outside of your door. If they do come to UK it will be interesting to see if the fans forgive him or hold a grudge. Why would they hold a grudge?
October 3, 201214 yr USA Today story about the Under Armour factor. Under Armour could be key as Harrison twins choose Kentucky or Maryland
October 3, 201214 yr USA Today story about the Under Armour factor. Under Armour could be key as Harrison twins choose Kentucky or Maryland He has left no doubt that he is all kinds of crazy over the past few weeks...
October 3, 201214 yr He has left no doubt that he is all kinds of crazy over the past few weeks... :laugh:
October 3, 201214 yr Someone on Twitter said that if there were no shoe companies involved in the recruitment of the Harrison twins that their final two would still be the same--basically that the appeal of Maryland is Turgeon & one of the assistants. Evan Daniels (I believe it was) stated that he thought UA's involvement was overblown in this instance.
October 3, 201214 yr Wow. Mr. Harrison has really thrown his kids under the bus with all the UA stuff the last few days. My dad embarrassed me sometimes when I was younger but never anything like this. I hope the twins get to choose the school they want. If they decide Maryland is the better fit and UA is a reason, no complaints from me. Nike does plenty for UK.
October 3, 201214 yr Author I know Maryland has a lot going for them with all of the family ties, coaching relationships, etc. But looking at the UA situation, which would be better for them? The Twins going to the main UA school and playing, or going to a team that's going to get more nationally televisied games than anyone in the country? I know the UA guys want them to go to Maryland, but Cal and the guys have to be saying look, you guys are coming to play at Kentucky you will get more exposure here and Maryland doesn't come close. What would be better for your future marketing prospects? A school with max exposure, or a school thats no slouch but no where near the same level as exposure as UK, but you get to wear the UA on your college jersey. If they are going to be UA guys when they turn pro, you would think it would be smart to get that as much exposure as possible, and that would be at Kentucky. Papa Harrison I'm sure though wants that fat sponsorship check to roll in after a committment to a UA school.
October 3, 201214 yr I know Maryland has a lot going for them with all of the family ties' date=' coaching relationships, etc. But looking at the UA situation, which would be better for them? The Twins going to the main UA school and playing, or going to a team that's going to get more nationally televisied games than anyone in the country? I know the UA guys want them to go to Maryland, but Cal and the guys have to be saying look, you guys are coming to play at Kentucky you will get more exposure here and Maryland doesn't come close. What would be better for your future marketing prospects? A school with max exposure, or a school thats no slouch but no where near the same level as exposure as UK, but you get to wear the UA on your college jersey. If they are going to be UA guys when they turn pro, you would think it would be smart to get that as much exposure as possible, and that would be at Kentucky. Papa Harrison I'm sure though wants that fat sponsorship check to roll in after a committment to a UA school.[/quote'] Cauly Stein was what a top 50 recruit who's never had a college practice but coach Cal has him a projected first rounder on heresay.
October 3, 201214 yr Wow. Mr. Harrison has really thrown his kids under the bus with all the UA stuff the last few days. My dad embarrassed me sometimes when I was younger but never anything like this. I hope the twins get to choose the school they want. If they decide Maryland is the better fit and UA is a reason, no complaints from me. Nike does plenty for UK. I wonder if he was a good used car salesman but he has no involvement with the recruiting, just screens the calls.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.