Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has Beechwood...

Featured Replies

won any game that they were not supposed to or even a toss up game in the last 2.5 years? Only game I can think of is the NCC game from last year. I know in 09 they got off to a disasterous start losing their 3 of their 1st 4 games and last year I dont believe it was a great start either with them also losing 3 of their 1st 4 games. I see no signature wins at all except for the 1 pt win against NCC. I see their 1st big test this year didnt go so good and no real test until NCC or deep into the playoffs. So what makes this year different?

  • Replies 99
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt they beat Cov Cath and NCC in 09? That would be big wins

Didnt they beat Cov Cath and NCC in 09? That would be big wins

 

They didn't beat NCC in 09.

Didnt they beat Cov Cath and NCC in 09? That would be big wins

 

They lost to CCH in 2009 43-14.

I was very surprised when Beechwood beat NewCath last year, even more so after I saw NewCath win the 2A state title.

Beechwood is a 1A school. Traditional logic says that they should not beat schools from larger classes let alone 6A and 4A programs. The fact that they do this and are expected to win a fair amount of these "play up" games speaks volumes for the program and that's all that needs to be said.

Beechwood is a 1A school. Traditional logic says that they should not beat schools from larger classes let alone 6A and 4A programs. The fact that they do this and are expected to win a fair amount of these "play up" games speaks volumes for the program and that's all that needs to be said.

 

I agree.. Plus, they've won there fair share against some of the bigger programs..

I agree.. Plus, they've won there fair share against some of the bigger programs..

 

They sure have. In one of Covington Catholic's state championship seasons, the Colonels only loss was to Beechwood.

  • Author

Not in the last 2.5 years. Only big win was 1 pt victory against NCC. So why will this year be any different from the last 2 seasons?

I was very surprised when Beechwood beat NewCath last year, even more so after I saw NewCath win the 2A state title.

 

Wasn't there a controversial touchdown call in that game that left many thinking NewCath should have won?

I think defeating the repeat 2A state champs at their house last year is a big win.

I believe that may have been NCCs only loss too.

 

IMO, anytime a 1A team shuts out a 6A team (Simon Kenton) is a big win.

Beechwood is a 1A school. Traditional logic says that they should not beat schools from larger classes let alone 6A and 4A programs. The fact that they do this and are expected to win a fair amount of these "play up" games speaks volumes for the program and that's all that needs to be said.

 

 

The elite usually win and in title years they almost always do at both Mayfield and Beechwood. Not sure what that has to do with the last couple years this thread covers but I do see a trend. MF rarely wins titles when they don't beat the big boys and I assume its true for Bw.

I think defeating the repeat 2A state champs at their house last year is a big win.

I believe that may have been NCCs only loss too.

 

IMO, anytime a 1A team shuts out a 6A team (Simon Kenton) is a big win.

 

Just like a 4A school Highlands beating 6A schools not being a big win BW beating SK is not a big deal.

So beating SK last year or when Miles was there would not have been a big deal? It looks like we need to pick apart each team, each year, to see if the win is big enough? Shutting out a 6A school that has been a strong program recently is a big deal. This is a 1A school beating a 6A school, not a 4A like Highlands beating a 6A.

The call in last year's BW/NCC was controversial because it was so close. The ball needs to break the plain of the goal line and there was no concrete evidence that Vocke did not do this. Regardless, it was a great game and BW took NCC to overtime which win or lose showed that they could go toe to toe with a state champ from a higher class. So is the success of BW over the years their own worst enemy? What defines a signature win for a 1A school that only plays about 3 1A games a year in the regular season?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.