Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Bob Schneider - Silenced His Critics

Featured Replies

Fabfour,

 

I would love to agree with you and completely throw down my questioning of the Schneider's, but I can't because they didn't silence the critics yet. It's well known that Yeagle virtually owns the Schneider's - just one state title doesn't do it for me.

 

The Schneiders are both great motivators, but their (Dave's) play-calling and personnel decisions are highly questionable.

 

I am so proud to be from NewCath and know we won state, but I still do not support either of the Schneiders' 100%.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makaveli....I don't think you have any idea how good of a coach Dave Schneider is.....His play calling was near perfection this year.... NCC's end of the year total for yards... Rushing finished seven yards behind passing. SEVEN!! Now thats balance.

That was then...this is now.

 

It was clearly a mental block for NCC players and coaches. No question.

 

That said...now that Yeagle is gone, and NCC got the moneky off their back by winning a Class "A" state championship...the worm has turned and I predict a strong, long NCC run over Beechwood.

 

Agreed. I think 1A will be NCC's for awhile. :thumb:

Agreed. I think 1A will be NCC's for awhile. :thumb:

 

I don't think all of 1A will be and I don't think the region will be totally. 2 or 3 players can make a difference on any team. I would expect them to be in the mix for a state title and certainly one of the favorites for a region title every year but a team is rarely as good or as bad as you think they are going to be.

Makaveli....I don't think you have any idea how good of a coach Dave Schneider is.....His play calling was near perfection this year.... NCC's end of the year total for yards... Rushing finished seven yards behind passing. SEVEN!! Now thats balance.

 

#1- I don't think he knows how the play calling got toward the end of the year.At the beginning of the year it was questionable.I don't think yards equal balance, the number of plays called each way equals balance.Now that was pretty balanced, but you have to take in the fact that the jv played alot this year and all they do is run. So the number of plays called with the first team was not so balanced at the beginning of the year.Toward the end of the year there were 2 games all we did was mostly run and that evened it up pretty much.

 

 

#2- I also think the Schnieders did a great job this year. Our o-line was really young and did not do a real good job early on of moving defenders and opening up holes to run through.Towards the end of the year they were one of the best lines in NKY(IMHO).The Schneiders seen that and did what worked early on and toward the end of the year they could do what ever they wanted.

Now that Coach Bob seems to be able to walk on water according to some NCC faithfull, what does NCC have to do next year to be considered a successfull season? Will he have to win state or just make a playoff run?????

The loss of Yeagle will be more costly than people think. Not only is he a great game coach that put his teams in position to beat teams with superior talent, but he was the reason that a lot of the talent ended up at Beechwood.

 

Those that think all of the Beechwood talent comes from within Ft. Mitchell are kidding themselves. Most of the out of district kids went to B-wood to play for Yeagle and now he is not there any longer. Some will continue to migrate because of the prestige and terrific program but I think others will stay put in the future.

NCC is loaded for next year. Let's see if BOB can defend the title...a much tougher task. The next 3 years worth of players went undefeated...he should rule the next three seasons and go deep in the playoffs each year. Good Luck Breds!

Now that Coach Bob seems to be able to walk on water according to some NCC faithfull, what does NCC have to do next year to be considered a successfull season? Will he have to win state or just make a playoff run?????

 

 

Believe me, I am not a NCC faithful. I do however, know that NCC has always had very talent young men attending school there. As far as ole Bob goes 1 state every 10 or 12 years, I think he has coached his last.What's that old saying ....''even a blind squirrel can find an acorn in a acorn patch" Well guess what, one was found. :D

Believe me, I am not a NCC faithful. I do however, know that NCC has always had very talent young men attending school there. As far as ole Bob goes 1 state every 10 or 12 years, I think he has coached his last.What's that old saying ....''even a blind squirrel can find an acorn in a acorn patch" Well guess what, one was found. :D

 

Sorry, but you don't win STATE by just luck alone, it takes coaching and respect from both the players and the coaches. There are not too many schools that have made it to the finals like NCC has, maybe they don't always win State but at least they get there! It is unbelieveable what you people say about Mr. Schneider. The players love him and that is all that really matters. They respect him and will do anything for him. I don't think that there are too many schools that have the kids love a coach as much as they do Mr. Schneider. He surrounds himself with great coaches and to me that is being a great coach. Just because he has been around for awhile everyone thinks that he should resign. He built this program to what it is today and he is still going strong and I hope he stays to coach my son for the next two years!

Believe me, I am not a NCC faithful. I do however, know that NCC has always had very talent young men attending school there. As far as ole Bob goes 1 state every 10 or 12 years, I think he has coached his last.What's that old saying ....''even a blind squirrel can find an acorn in a acorn patch" Well guess what, one was found. :D

 

Highlands optimism. I think that you will be surprised the next five years. The coaches and system are in place to finally match up with the talent level. If you watched any of their march through the playoffs you saw that.

I'm not a big fan of coach Schneider's approach to the game nowadays, although it's hard to argue with what he did this year. I am a fan of how good he is for kids though, how he moulds kids into young men. How he prepares them for life and instills such good values in them. Say what you want about Bob, but when it comes down to what really matters in life, there is none better in NKY if not in the entire state. He is a very good man, with very good and deep morals.

If Bob wants to show that he is THE man in NKY, he needs to step up and take on all comers in NKY. That includes 4A teams and of course, Highlands. Until he has the stones to take on the Bluebirds year in and year out, NCC is just an also ran in northern Kentucky. NCC was probably the 3rd best team in northern Kentucky this year after Highlands and Cov. Cath. No way Schneider can ever claim to be #1 in Northern Ky. without playing the best the area has to offer. I do not see him stepping up for that. Never has, never will.

I'm not a big fan of coach Schneider's approach to the game nowadays, although it's hard to argue with what he did this year. I am a fan of how good he is for kids though, how he moulds kids into young men. How he prepares them for life and instills such good values in them. Say what you want about Bob, but when it comes down to what really matters in life, there is none better in NKY if not in the entire state. He is a very good man, with very good and deep morals.

 

It isn't always about winning State as some have indicated. I totally agree that he is a great influence on the kids at NCC. I would rather have a son that is prepared for the real world and has been shown that showing respect and good morals will be major part of their lives. There is no greater role model than Mr. Schneider.

If Bob wants to show that he is THE man in NKY, he needs to step up and take on all comers in NKY. That includes 4A teams and of course, Highlands. Until he has the stones to take on the Bluebirds year in and year out, NCC is just an also ran in northern Kentucky. NCC was probably the 3rd best team in northern Kentucky this year after Highlands and Cov. Cath. No way Schneider can ever claim to be #1 in Northern Ky. without playing the best the area has to offer. I do not see him stepping up for that. Never has, never will.

 

Mr. Schneider has nothing to prove to Highlands or anyone else. We are a 1A school and we proved that we deserved to win the State Title in that division. Why don't you just give the man some credit for what he has done and accomplished over the years instead of finding ways to take credit away from him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.