Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Bob Schneider - Silenced His Critics

Featured Replies

Dale has built this program by playing high profile and high caliber teams. NCC does not fit in that class. The only people who want to see the this match up is the NCC fans.

 

Ncc isnt a high caliber team? :rolleyes:

  • Replies 65
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people who want to see the this match up is the NCC fans.
I don't agree with that at all.
Your first paragraph is why Highlands moved on to other opponents. The NCC game used to fall directly before Highlands district games (back when they were in a larger district and NCC's was smaller.) When Highlands district games shrunk and they had the opportunity to play marquee games against strong Ohio opposition they wisely jumped on it instead of playing a Class A school in a "super pumped" game. I think Mueller knows how to prepare his teams for the district and playoff runs a little better than the fans do and I don't think you could argue with his results. Even in the most recent dreaded "down" year he still won the district by preparing his team properly.

 

 

I agree that Dale knows his team better than anyone. But, a matchup with NCC rather than an Elder, Colerain or St.X, would be less bruising and would also leave no doubt among the NCC fans as to what team is the Big Dog in town. I just get sick of hearing NCC fans (not in here, but on the street) spouting off about how the Breds can matchup with the Birds and how the game could go either way. The NCC fans are all pumped about the recent successes of their freshman teams. But the offer has been made for the frosh teams to meet up and NCC always declines (you know who the AD is). Both Frosh teams have gone undefeated the past 2 seasons and a game between the 2 would have been huge both years.

I agree that Dale knows his team better than anyone. But, a matchup with NCC rather than an Elder, Colerain or St.X, would be less bruising and would also leave no doubt among the NCC fans as to what team is the Big Dog in town. I just get sick of hearing NCC fans (not in here, but on the street) spouting off about how the Breds can matchup with the Birds and how the game could go either way. The NCC fans are all pumped about the recent successes of their freshman teams. But the offer has been made for the frosh teams to meet up and NCC always declines (you know who the AD is). Both Frosh teams have gone undefeated the past 2 seasons and a game between the 2 would have been huge both years.

 

First, Dale does know his team better so he probably doesn't care about what you hear on the street, he is too busy winning state titles.

 

Second, I know who the AD is at NCC. Do you? Hint: It is not Bob Schneider but don't let the facts get in the way of your rants.

 

Second, I know who the AD is at NCC. Do you? Hint: It is not Bob Schneider but don't let the facts get in the way of your rants.

 

:sssh:

While I hope we continue playing the Colerains and the Elders and not NCC (as I don't think playing NCC in MOST years helps us prepare for the Boyles, CovCaths, LexCaths and Bowling Greens), I know the players would love to play NCC, Newport and Campbell County, as they run into these players on weekends. Bragging rights means a lot to the players. Highlands not winning state and NCC winning state has left a few Highlands players just a bit edgy if you know what I mean and I'm sure they would feel a little better about it if they, like CovCath, had whipped up on the Breds. But at the end of the day, its more about trying to win state than getting to cheer the football score at basketball games. And this is all just fun stuff to talk about. Its not going to happen for various reasons.

  • Author

If , and, buts, candy and nuts.....

 

I know the boys up on the hill would have loved another opportunity to play CCH at the end of the season. That loss stayed stuck in their collective craw.

 

The team that the Colonels beat up on (game #4) was not the same team that dominated the playoffs.

Ncc isnt a high caliber team? :rolleyes:

one state championship in what 22 years all a sudden makes them high caliber, come on!

one state championship in what 22 years all a sudden makes them high caliber, come on!

 

 

3 state championship appearances in 6 years....i'd say they are doing something right.

If , and, buts, candy and nuts.....

 

I know the boys up on the hill would have loved another opportunity to play CCH at the end of the season. That loss stayed stuck in their collective craw.

 

The team that the Colonels beat up on (game #4) was not the same team that dominated the playoffs.

 

 

Fab, you may be right in your last sentence; then again in the playoffs they were playing A ball clubs and not AAA ball clubs which make a bid difference, you have to admit. Its only logical NCC would look much better against the A playoff teams than they did against CovCath. Level of competition is dramatically different. NCC should not be competitive against CovCath or Highlands because of the size differential. Just tallking logic with you my friend.

Fab, you may be right in your last sentence; then again in the playoffs they were playing A ball clubs and not AAA ball clubs which make a bid difference, you have to admit. Its only logical NCC would look much better against the A playoff teams than they did against CovCath. Level of competition is dramatically different. NCC should not be competitive against CovCath or Highlands because of the size differential. Just tallking logic with you my friend.

 

I think his point was NCC learned and improved from that defeat and if they met the Colonels again at the end of the year they may not win but it would not be 42-0. And I agree. Same way if Highlands met St. X again at the end of the year they would not lose 45-0 as they learned and improved off of that game.

The loss of Yeagle will be more costly than people think. Not only is he a great game coach that put his teams in position to beat teams with superior talent, but he was the reason that a lot of the talent ended up at Beechwood.

 

Those that think all of the Beechwood talent comes from within Ft. Mitchell are kidding themselves. Most of the out of district kids went to B-wood to play for Yeagle and now he is not there any longer. Some will continue to migrate because of the prestige and terrific program but I think others will stay put in the future.

 

 

I agree with you to a certain point. Beechwood had tradition before Coach Yeagle. They will have the same without him. Just because he is gone doesn't mean Beechwood is going anywhere. They just might not compete for a state title every year like they have in the past.

I think his point was NCC learned and improved from that defeat and if they met the Colonels again at the end of the year they may not win but it would not be 42-0. And I agree. Same way if Highlands met St. X again at the end of the year they would not lose 45-0 as they learned and improved off of that game.

 

Yeah, I understood his point. And I'd like to think the same thing about Highlands vs. X, but I really can't be sure that such is the case. The problem is that fab is basing his assessment of how much NCC improved by watching them play against A ball clubs in the playoffs. How can you tell how much better you would have done against CovCath? Furthermore, NCC was a pretty much senior dominated team this year with a lot of returning starters. If they improved that much during the year, I have to wonder why they weren't ready to play earlier in the year.

Yeah, I understood his point. And I'd like to think the same thing about Highlands vs. X, but I really can't be sure that such is the case. The problem is that fab is basing his assessment of how much NCC improved by watching them play against A ball clubs in the playoffs. How can you tell how much better you would have done against CovCath? Furthermore, NCC was a pretty much senior dominated team this year with a lot of returning starters. If they improved that much during the year, I have to wonder why they weren't ready to play earlier in the year.

 

Maybe because the OL had only one returning starter and they lost a two-way starter (WR/DB) in the Ryle game. And I tend to think the Ryle game took a lot out of them being an Class A team going 4 quarters with a Class AAAA team. Add in a CovCath defense that was pretty tough, turn the ball over to an CovCath offense that could move the ball well, fall behind, and that's pretty much the ballgame. Could it have happened again later in the year? Maybe, no way to know for sure playing A teams. Same way with Highlands/St.X. Offense could not move the ball, defense was on the field way too much and too quickly. Would that have happened later in the year? Maybe, no way to tell playing AAA teams but I doubt it.

I agree with you to a certain point. Beechwood had tradition before Coach Yeagle. They will have the same without him. Just because he is gone doesn't mean Beechwood is going anywhere. They just might not compete for a state title every year like they have in the past.

 

I agree with your statement 100%. They have been a competitive force in Class A since before Yeagle. He did, however, take the program to a higher level and they may not be able to stay there. I do wonder if they were able to draw players from Campbell Co and the Florence area before Yeagle was there and if they will continue to be able to do that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.