Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Bob Schneider - Silenced His Critics

Featured Replies

Maybe because the OL had only one returning starter and they lost a two-way starter (WR/DB) in the Ryle game. And I tend to think the Ryle game took a lot out of them being an Class A team going 4 quarters with a Class AAAA team. Add in a CovCath defense that was pretty tough, turn the ball over to an CovCath offense that could move the ball well, fall behind, and that's pretty much the ballgame. Could it have happened again later in the year? Maybe, no way to know for sure playing A teams. Same way with Highlands/St.X. Offense could not move the ball, defense was on the field way too much and too quickly. Would that have happened later in the year? Maybe, no way to tell playing AAA teams but I doubt it.

 

 

Exactly my point, no way of knowing and the fact they played well against A teams in the playoffs really isn't much of an accurate indicator.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Leatherneck,

 

I agree with your assessment. My key point was centered around the players confidence level, and the stability in the line play, etc.

 

I am not saying NCC would beat CCH in a second round match-up, only that the players wanted another shot to show they were not as bad as the 42-0 score might indicate.

Leatherneck,

 

I agree with your assessment. My key point was centered around the players confidence level, and the stability in the line play, etc.

 

I am not saying NCC would beat CCH in a second round match-up, only that the players wanted another shot to show they were not as bad as the 42-0 score might indicate.

 

 

I'm with you. I got a feeling the CovCath players would like another shot at us and I'm sure the Birds want another shot at LexCath.

 

NCC had a great season and I'm very proud of them. I coached several of them in the Junior Football League and am very happy for them. Heck, I'd be thrilled as all pete if they, Newport, us and the Camels win it next year. Highly unlikely, but we can dream can't we?

I agree that Dale knows his team better than anyone. But, a matchup with NCC rather than an Elder, Colerain or St.X, would be less bruising and would also leave no doubt among the NCC fans as to what team is the Big Dog in town. I just get sick of hearing NCC fans (not in here, but on the street) spouting off about how the Breds can matchup with the Birds and how the game could go either way. The NCC fans are all pumped about the recent successes of their freshman teams. But the offer has been made for the frosh teams to meet up and NCC always declines (you know who the AD is). Both Frosh teams have gone undefeated the past 2 seasons and a game between the 2 would have been huge both years.

 

NCC's freshman have gone undefeated three years in a row now.

NCC's freshman have gone undefeated three years in a row now.

 

Not true. They have won the Class A/AA championship 3 years in a row but only next years Senior class and Soph class were undefeated as Frosh.

 

Next years Juniors lost to Beechwood 14-12 but later met and defeated Lloyd in the championship game.

Not true. They have won the Class A/AA championship 3 years in a row but only next years Senior class and Soph class were undefeated as Frosh.

 

Next years Juniors lost to Beechwood 14-12 but later met and defeated Lloyd in the championship game.

 

Ok,I was going by the Dabirdman who said both went 2 years undefeated.My son played as a freshman 3 years and they were undefeated.I honestly wasn't trying to post bad info.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.