Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgetown College to Host State Championships?

Featured Replies

Georgetown College has informed the KHSAA that they intend to submit a proposal to host the state championship game for 1A/2A football, lacrosse, and soccer.

 

They intend to put in turf, renovate the concessions and pressbox.

 

 

What is the capacity for the stadium?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their website says 5,000 but I'd say with standing room you could get 7-8.

Honestly I think it wouldn't be a terrible idea to hold the state championships at a smaller venue. I can't speak for the games that have been held at Western, because I have't been, but I really felt that PJCS was way to big. It felt like playing in a ghost town.

I would think the KHSAA would want to keep all the football together. Many people make it a weekend and want to see all or some of the football classes. Really can't see why you would split it up.

  • Author
I would think the KHSAA would want to keep all the football together. Many people make it a weekend and want to see all or some of the football classes. Really can't see why you would split it up.

 

That is probably going to be the downfall for GC.

Georgetown would be great due to obviously being much closer than Bowling Green, Louisville, and other places. But I don't believe it would be fair to teams making it from Western KY and Far Eastern KY and other spots, the title games need to be held in far more of a centralized location. I was really surprised when they started doing this in Bowling Green. Papa John Stadium was definitely very big for the amounts of people coming out for them, but Louisville is central to a lot of the state.

  • Author
why are they submitting for Lacrosse? Its not a KHSAA sport

 

I believe it will be soon.

why are they submitting for Lacrosse? Its not a KHSAA sport

 

There are several schools in Kentucky that play, however. Maybe they are just trying to get their foot in the door in case the KHSAA does adopt it as a sanctioned sport.

I think Bowling Green is the best place in the state for the Championships.

As long as Bowling Green continues to produce a corporate sponsor for the finals, they aren't going anywhere.

I think Bowling Green is the best place in the state for the Championships.

 

Forgetting travel times because no matter where you have it travel is bad for someone, WKU is absolutely the best place. It's an easy city to access and get around in. Plenty of hotel rooms and restaurants. Lots of parking at the stadium (with the slight exception of the first game Friday due to students still being there). The stadium is smaller and it seems like you are closer to the field with great views everywhere. And with the student center being so close you can walk over and get food (and warmth) at any time.

Forgetting travel times because no matter where you have it travel is bad for someone, WKU is absolutely the best place. It's an easy city to access and get around in. Plenty of hotel rooms and restaurants. Lots of parking at the stadium (with the slight exception of the first game Friday due to students still being there). The stadium is smaller and it seems like you are closer to the field with great views everywhere. And with the student center being so close you can walk over and get food (and warmth) at any time.

 

Wasn't aware of all that, maybe it is better.

Hope they get it and take on the other classes as well. Great idea to put it back in a more centralized location.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.